Heavy spotting today

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, disappointing but anyway....

I have heavy spotting today with one of those small clots having shown itself today during a bathroom break. If this is AF, I'm right between "normal" - 4 weeks - and what I've been doing more often than not - 5 weeks. It's just spotting right now, but I think I'm feeling AF cramps, too.

But, I will just wait and see what tonight or tomorrow brings. I don't think I was successful this month, so I'm fully expecting AF any day now.

August 26th, 2008, 12:07 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh, I'm so sorry :dothug. GL next month

August 26th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, Karen!! I think Sherry said in another post somewhere that the witch needs a good talking too......and she's right!! Maybe if we all gang up on her!

August 26th, 2008, 01:02 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, Karen! I was hoping the witch would stay far far away.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 26th, 2008, 02:41 PM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's with the witch today? I know the ladies here are so nice, but that doesn't mean she should hang out with us. SHE"S NOT WELCOME !!
August 27th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Well, still no full-on AF this morning, but still a slight bit of spotting. So, still waiting to see if AF is coming or not. It would be pretty much on time, so now I'm very frustrated! Doing BD a couple nights ago wouldn't do this, would it?

August 27th, 2008, 08:36 AM
BD could cause the spotting....GL hope AF will stay away. Are you going to test and see? Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

August 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM
BDing could be the cause of spotting, and I've known several ladies who have had spotting their first few weeks of pregnancy too. Are you going to test soon, or wait a bit more for AF? I hope she stays away!!!!!

August 27th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm not going to test yet. I think it's AF, so I'll just wait until next week and then test if AF truly doesn't come on full force. What a witch.....

August 27th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW!! You have got some willpower there girl!! There's no way on earth I'd be able to wait until after AF was due to test! Good Luck!! I hope it was the BDing that caused the spotting.

August 27th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Nah, I just know it's AF and hoping that the BDing is the culprit is just wishful thinking. I keep having the light spotting (not sure to call it "flow" yet). It's just odd. (Besides, I don't have any more EPTs in the house right now.....that helps with my "willpower" more than anything!)

Thanks for the positive thoughts, ladies! I'll keep you updated!

August 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Well, I made it through Day 2 of the spotting. It's not going on the pad since last night, but there's still some pink on the t.p. every other time I go to the bathroom. I'm not sure what's going on. I'll wait another day or two and see if the spotting gets heavier or goes away. If it goes away, I'll try testing over the weekend. I'm not hopeful, but this is weird.

It does make me wonder if, and I mean a big IF, I got PG last week (when I might have O'd), do you think that my body started blood build-up and the BDing a couple days ago might have knocked some loose? I read this on the Web recently which got me wondering (dang it! ):

Quote:
When you become pregnant, your body produces extra blood to supply the growing baby. Therefore, your cervix also has an increased blood supply. You may experience light spotting after sexual intercourse or a pelvic exam. This is normal and generally does not pose a threat. Use a panty liner to protect your clothing.[/b]
Earlier in the article, they say "spotting or light bleeding for a day or two" which, so far, is what seems to be happening. However, it seems too early for what is stated in the quote, but my wishful thinking is reigning supreme tonight!

Here's the page if you want to check out the quote in context:
http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/encyclopedia/S/Spotting/First-trimester

*goes back to her cubby hole to wait....wait...wait*

August 27th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs! I know how waiting can make you go crazy and force you to "question" everything! I wish I had some answers for you.

I'll keep you in my t&p's!

Thanks Rochelle for a FABULOUS siggy!!
August 28th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Oh, Karen this wait is so frustrating!! That quote does sound similar to what you're going through. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

August 28th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It really does sound promising, Karen!!

August 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM
*sigh* Still more spotting, rather heavier than yesterday. I still don't know if I could consider it a "flow" or not! It's either bright red, and a good amount of it (especially after BM) or it's just barely showing as pink on the t.p. I don't think pregnancy spotting after BD would last 3 days....

This is so frustrating! I don't know, for charting purposes, if I should just consider this "light" menses and start a new cycle or what. Suggestions on that???

August 28th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would still count it as spotting, until you actually "need" something.

August 28th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Well, I am using a pad, and there is a 2-inch square sized spot on it. It's not like I'm filling up a pad like with AF, that's why I ask if I should still consider this spotting, which it does sound like I should. Thanks for the continued support! I'm glad I've got you ladies to talk to and ask questions!

August 28th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I have a question what is spotting...is it more off on on bleeding or is it just lightly bleeding? I know you don't want to test but I would just do it just to see if you are preggo or not. What day are you in your cycle again? GL I hope the spotting has stopped and that it's a sign that you are preggo. AF stays far far away okay.

August 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Quote:
I have a question what is spotting...is it more off on on bleeding or is it just lightly bleeding? I know you don't want to test but I would just do it just to see if you are preggo or not. What day are you in your cycle again? GL I hope the spotting has stopped and that it's a sign that you are preggo. AF stays far far away okay.[/b]
I think spotting is considered anything that doesn't "fill" a pad. Mostly spots that show on toilet paper, but not on your panties. At least, that's what I read. I'm somewhere in between -- some times it goes on the pad, some times it's light enough not to.....

I'm beginning to wonder if I should test, too. I don't have a "normal" cycle anymore. Some months it is around 28-30 days, some months it's about 35 days. I completely missed a period two cycles ago and thought I was PG, but wasn't. I don't know if a test would be accurate right now, would it???? (unless I bought the expensive ones, but I don't want to do that for sure)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search