CM question

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Veteran
Ok forgive me for this question, but since I am new to TTC I am still learning about CM etc. Anyway I know when you are fertile it is EWCM. I had AF on the 19th ( afew days early, but thats not too strange for me) She left about 4-5 days later. Which is average for me. Anyway today when I went to the bathroom I had a lot of CM when I wiped...not egg EWCM but clear and pretty watery. Like when I checked my cm it pretty much fell off my finger. So is this leading up to ovulation? It says I should be fertile Friday-Monday...so does this sound right? I plan on buying a basal thermometer this weekend ...they were out last time I went to get one.

Anyway sorry if that was TMI
August 27th, 2008, 07:03 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jen, I'm not an expert by any means, and have found that my CM doesn't always fall easily into the normal categories. This cycle I'm having alot of the EWCM, which isn't typical and I can only assume it's from taking the Clomid. I've learned alot from the Fertility Friend website, and I've copied below what they have this to say regarding the types of cervical fluid. Here's the link as well, if you want to read the rest of Observing & Recording Your Fertility Signs.

"Below are the types of cervical fluid to record in Fertility Friend. Not everyone experiences every type of cervical fluid. Just record the types you do get. You may also have some cervical fluid that does not seem to "fit" perfectly into any category. In this case, record it in the most fertile category that best seems to fit. For example, if you notice in a day that you have cervical fluid that seems to fit somewhere in between creamy and eggwhite, record it as eggwhite. Likewise, if you get both creamy and eggwhite fluid in the same day, record eggwhite on your chart.

Dry: Record your cervical fluid as "dry" if you have no cervical fluid present at all; if you notice no cervical fluid in your underwear; and if the outside of your vagina feels dry. You can expect to see dry days both before ovulation after your period and after ovulation. Record "dry" if you are not able to gather or see any cervical fluid, even if your vagina feels slightly moist inside.

Sticky: Record your cervical fluid as "sticky" if it is glue-like, gummy, stiff or crumbly and if it breaks easily and quickly and if it is not easily stretched. It will probably be yellowish or white, but could also be cloudy/clear. You may or may not see some sticky cervical fluid before and after ovulation.

Creamy: Record your cervical fluid as "creamy" if it is like hand lotion, white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly but not very much and break easily.

Watery: Enter "watery" if your cervical fluid is clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical fluid is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical fluid or you may get it before you get eggwhite cervical fluid or you may not get this type of fluid at all.

Eggwhite: This is your most fertile cervical fluid. Record "eggwhite" if your cervical fluid looks at all like real eggwhite, is stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger."

It sounds to me like you're getting the Watery CM which is good & fertile. Yay! (This is usually the most fertile type that I end up getting.) Have you been charting or keeping track of your cycles? Do you usually ovulate around the same time each month? I'd recommend you & SO get to BDing!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 27th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
what Becky said! I know what EWCM is, but haven't had any. As close as I can get is a type of watery stuff and even then I'm not too sure if that's what it is. I'm always referring to FF's CM descriptions, just to make sure I'm at least coming close to reporting the correct type.

We've all been thru things that we know are TMI, but have no fears, we all provide TMI at times....after all it's necessary to explain things. So, don't worry about ever providing information, I'd rather have too much information than not enough.

Now!! Get to BDing!! Good Luck!!

August 27th, 2008, 10:07 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
starts bding!!! GL hope this month will be the month for you

August 27th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Veteran
I hope we can BD too trust me. The BF has been so tired latley he has not wanted to do anything at all!!! Especially during the week....weekends can be eaiser cuz hes relaxed with no work on the brain. Hopefully I still have the fertile time this weekend. According to the cart I am fertile all weekend!!! The bf is still wanting to wait till the end of the year to try...but lets so if I can do some convincing hehe
August 27th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Veteran
I hope we can BD too trust me. The BF has been so tired latley he has not wanted to do anything at all!!! Especially during the week....weekends can be eaiser cuz hes relaxed with no work on the brain. Hopefully I still have the fertile time this weekend. According to the cart I am fertile all weekend!!! The bf is still wanting to wait till the end of the year to try...but lets so if I can do some convincing hehe
August 27th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bwahahahaha *wringing hands*.....sounds like you have an evil plan in the works!!

August 27th, 2008, 03:03 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Convincing - that should be fun!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 27th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Veteran
I will let you ladies know if i can do it hehe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search