Need to join you!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hi all! I am 35 and trying to conceive. Dr. acst like I am nuts to want more at "My age" I wanted to strangle her but got a new dr instead! Hoping to get to know you all!

~C
August 31st, 2008, 07:22 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello & ! I'm Becky (34), DH is Tony (also 34). We've been TTC #1 since January. I co-host this wonderful board with Jessica. We've got a wonderful group of ladies here, so please jump on in & start posting. I wish you lots of luck in getting your BFP and look forward to getting to know you!

And I'm glad you got a new doctor, strangling the old one would have been messy.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 31st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! I am Denise home school mom of 6 children.

Good for you for getting a new Dr. You want someone that supports you on your road in TTC.

How many children do you have now?

Glad to have you here. Hope it is a short visit.

August 31st, 2008, 07:49 PM
Super Mommy
Hi! Welcome! I am really new here too...I'm Hallie (36) DH Curt (37) We have three kids DS 18 DS 17 and DD 9. My husband had a VR in June and we are TTC baby #3!

August 31st, 2008, 08:06 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Hi. I'm Casey (35) and DH is Tim (26). We are TTC #1 since last October. Glad to hear that you switched docs. That can be so frustrating having a doc that doesn't help. Good luck and KUP!!!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 1st, 2008, 12:09 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really sorry to jump in here guys since i lurk around the forum right now .....but WTH did your doc mean ??? Some people are not lucky enough to meet the men of their lives from the late teens and others like me had so many issues with life that they managed to take care of themselves and think of moving forward way later than others....what does that at your age mean??? Me and my husband got married and decided to try for kids 2 years ago.....and that for reasons of our own. He is 40 and i am 34.....i mean some people should simply NOT speak

and now i am pissed........

I wish you guys ALL of you good luck with this.......

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

September 1st, 2008, 03:51 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am really sorry to jump in here guys since i lurk around the forum right now .....but WTH did your doc mean ??? Some people are not lucky enough to meet the men of their lives from the late teens and others like me had so many issues with life that they managed to take care of themselves and think of moving forward way later than others....what does that at your age mean??? Me and my husband got married and decided to try for kids 2 years ago.....and that for reasons of our own. He is 40 and i am 34.....i mean some people should simply NOT speak

and now i am pissed........

I wish you guys ALL of you good luck with this.......[/b]

Thanks for popping in & feel free to visit us anytime. I don't know what doctors are thinking, and I've heard a lot of horror stories here at JM about doctors. I'm very lucky and have a wonderful supportive doctor. He has told me that I'm getting "older" but understands that for the majority of women these days we weren't ready (for a variety of reasons) to have children in our 20s.

Good luck with your pregnancy & again feel free to pop in anytime.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 1st, 2008, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and !! I'm Jessica (41) and DH is Paul (38) and we've been TTC#1 since January. As Becky mentioned we co-host this wonderful board together. We've got a great group of ladies here, this is where I spend most of my time on JM now...I'll lurk other boards, but this is my main one because everyone is so wonderful. Good Luck with your TTC journey and I'm sorry to hear about the way your doctor treated you and that you got a new one. I hope you said something to the old doctor about it, it's his job to help you not criticize you. We hope to get to know you better.

Ellempriem, I'm sorry that this upset you. Please feel free to stop by and chat with us anytime. We all like to hear how pregnancies are going and it looks like yours is in the downward slope. Good Luck in the rest of your pregnancy.

September 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi and I'm Chum 34 and dh is 39 ttc our fist since March. Your dr is wrong...women are having kids later in life now and you are not to old at all. Glad you got a new dr, hope you get a BFP soon

September 1st, 2008, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Kimberley (35), married to Jason (36) am we're TTC our first. After seeing your story I now think that my Dr. is great. She hasn't said a word about my age. I was the one who had to bring it up!

Good luck with your TTC journey. I hope that it doesn't take you too long to get your BFP.
September 1st, 2008, 11:55 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hi and !! I'm Jessica (41) and DH is Paul (38) and we've been TTC#1 since January. As Becky mentioned we co-host this wonderful board together. We've got a great group of ladies here, this is where I spend most of my time on JM now...I'll lurk other boards, but this is my main one because everyone is so wonderful. Good Luck with your TTC journey and I'm sorry to hear about the way your doctor treated you and that you got a new one. I hope you said something to the old doctor about it, it's his job to help you not criticize you. We hope to get to know you better.

Ellempriem, I'm sorry that this upset you. Please feel free to stop by and chat with us anytime. We all like to hear how pregnancies are going and it looks like yours is in the downward slope. Good Luck in the rest of your pregnancy.[/b]
Thank you for the welcome! You are indeed one of the friendliest subforums here..... I was pissed because i was judged that way also. Not only by the doc but also by friends and even family members (well late family members )... The only thing my doc said now was that i was borderline to amnio or not, but he did ask me why i did it so late. I almost barked on him when he completed the sentence by saying don't worry though me and my wife delivered right about your age guys. He just wanted to understand why some couples decide so late.......well i told him sometimes you are late in meeting the man of your dreams....and in my case i was not ready to have a kid with anyone just to have a kid. Besides so many other (no-related to this forum) issues had me tied down in knots back when i was supposed to have a better chance of pregnancy Life can play tricks on you, you know? But when she gives you the chance you wish for, then everything else is different. At one point i had come to the conclusion that i won't become a mom and i was ok with it also .....no really......oh well...last year's stories.....
Anyway i know how hard it can be ladies and i really wish you THE BEST. You are all heroes for your own reasons, and listen to NO ONE...EVER.....no one has the right to judge your actions, because they cannot know.....As for the pregnancy i had my scares (don't know if they had finished) and it keeps catching me off guard through many issues as it is my first and everything is foreign....hehehe but we have aligned for the last run and i hope it will end well....

I will be sure to come visit you ladies, you all are so kind.....and deserve the best

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

September 2nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're glad you like our fourm. Please come visit us anytime!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search