Choosing a name

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2008, 06:49 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those mommies among us, how did you choose the names for your current children?

For our future children, do you have names picked out? If you don't have them picked out, how will you choose the names?

For us, both my family & DH's family both have the tradition of passing on family names as well choosing names that are either Biblical and/or named after a Saint. Therefore, if we have a girl she will be named Evangelia Rebekah. A boy will be named Mark or Marcus Anthony. Not sure yet if we have a 2nd girl or boy but am thinking of Sophia Magdalene (after great grandma's) and for a boy John (Yani - Greek Version) and not sure of a middle name.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 31st, 2008, 07:04 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
DH's family also has a name tradition. It's the boy's middle. So if we have a boy it'll be Joseph Robert we think. As for a girl's name, DH says that he only "shoots boys" (direct quote) so we don't have to come up with a name for a girl. But I did.... Mackynzie Nicole

If we have 2 boys, we aren't sure about the 2nd name, but I'll tell ya right now it is NOT going to be a Jr......lol

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 31st, 2008, 07:04 PM
Super Mommy
My first son is a JR. My second son's first name is my grandma's maiden name and his middle name is after my brother Scott Samuel. My daughter is Hannah Patricia after my mom. If I have another girl I will name her Audrey Dee, also after a grandma if it is a boy I am thinking Daniel Thomas after my dad.

August 31st, 2008, 07:12 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Quote:
My first son is a JR. My second son's first name is my grandma's maiden name and his middle name is after my brother Scott Samuel. My daughter is Hannah Patricia after my mom. If I have another girl I will name her Audrey Dee, also after a grandma if it is a boy I am thinking Daniel Thomas after my dad.[/b]

I like Daniel Thomas....very strong sounding name.....

I have nothing against Jr's but having one of DH is enough. I don't need another one...lol

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 1st, 2008, 12:31 AM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
For those mommies among us, how did you choose the names for your current children?

For our DD, we choose to use variants of her grandmothers' middle names - Ann and Jean. We went with "Anna Jean" because it flowed better. We couldn't easily use their first names because they were too similar - Sharon and Karen (yes, I share my MIL's name!).

For our future children, do you have names picked out? If you don't have them picked out, how will you choose the names?

For a boy - the current choice is Jordan Alexander (but I'm searching for other middle names)

For a girl - I like several names: Megan Renae, Noelle Merrie, Kendra Leigh, and Emily Ann

September 1st, 2008, 05:38 AM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our children are either Bblical names or named after family.
Danielle Elizabeth (Elizabeth is family)

Hannah Theresa We pronounce it as if it was spelled Honna with a short O
(Hannah is Biblical Theresa is family)

Joshua Richard (Joshua is Biblical Richard is my husbands name)

Caleb Matthew (Caleb is Biblical Matthew is too but also family)

Joseph Edwin (He is named after his 2 grandfathers Joseph is also Biblical)

Rebekah Grace (Rebekah is Biblical and Grace I just loved it)

September 1st, 2008, 08:04 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For DS, DH didn't like any of the names I picked out, so he googled baby names and came up with Nolan, which we loved. We then added two middle names for both grandpas.

Any future boys, no idea. Our first daughter will be Eva Marie Monica, after three grandmas, then the 2nd girl is a free for all. We've run out of creative names
September 1st, 2008, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Neither one of our families has any traditions when it comes to names. But, with me, I know it sounds terrible, but I have to be able to write it fluidly. There are certain letters of the alphabet that I hate to write in capital letters....F and T being 2 of them, so you can be that there won't be any names beginning with those letters. Currently, we are liking Brandon (or Brenden) Stuart - Stuart after DH's dad and for a girl, Shelby Rae (or Renee).

September 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not sure what we will do...I know that our culture will not let us name our kids after a families member...I know what over here it would be an honor but somehow in our culture it not viewed that way. Every individual has their our name that is who you are and that you are not someone else. That you will live our own path and that you don't follow the same path (good or bad) as the person you were named after. All I know is dh will pick out a vietnamese name not sure if we will use it as first or middle name and I will get to pick out an American's name so it will be easy for school and all.

September 1st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm the only one of the grandkids to only have 1 middle name. I have always said that any kids of mine will have 2 middle names. We haven't really discussed names other than DH wants our kids to have his last name - I said then I get to pick the first names! I think we'll worry about TTC first then getting through the first trimester before we discuss names.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search