Finally bought a Basal Body thermometer

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2008, 05:35 PM
Veteran
So I found one at Meijer today. Only 7.99. I tried it out just to get the hang of it and I think this will be easier then I thought. I know its not accurate reading since I have been moving around all day. Now my question is should I start charting now even though I am supposed to O (or possibly have if the ticker is not right) Can I start in a middle of a cycle?
September 1st, 2008, 05:55 PM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can start taking your temps at any time. You may not see the clear shift in temps if you have just O'd or getting ready to, but it never hurts to start taking the temps to get used to it and if you don't O for a few days then you'll have a chance to see the upward shift in temps.

Now, are you going to use an online chart to keep track? We love stalking each other's charts here . . . Several of us use Fertility Friend and it's a pretty easy program to figure out.

Good luck & keep us updated!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 2nd, 2008, 03:06 AM
Veteran
Took my temp this morning. Not sure how accurate it is cuz I slept horribly last night! Between my dogs and BF tossing and turning and snoring I was up all night. Temp was 98.17. Also I checked my CM and I believe I missed my O My cm is creamy and not much of it.

Ahhhh well maybe next month. At least with the thermometer I can try and track it better now.
September 2nd, 2008, 04:58 AM
I would still continue taking your temp & monitoring your CM. Maybe you have O'd, and maybe you haven't yet. Are your cycles pretty consistent in length each month? Are you Oing at the same time each month? Either way, this will get in you the habit of checking your temp & CM and have a record to compare against.

I do hope you haven't missed your eggie, and hopefully you can grab your SO and get to BDing!

September 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for getting a new thermometer!! I hope you are using something like Fertility Friend to keep track of your temps and CM. It's a great site that the large majority of charters here on JM use. If you use it we'd love to have you in the Chart Stalking Room.

Even if you have O'd it's good that you are starting to track your temps now, because it'll get you in the swing of doing it. Just remember to take your temp at the same time every morning and preferably after you've had 3-4 hours of sleep. And, if you are temping orally, try to temp with the thermometer in the same place in your mouth each time.

September 2nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Veteran
Yes I am using FF, started the charting today. If I can figure out how to link it to my profile I will that way you ladies can help me figure things out.
September 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Yes I am using FF, started the charting today. If I can figure out how to link it to my profile I will that way you ladies can help me figure things out. [/b]
It's been a while since I set mine up, but I'm pretty sure I set this up under the Sharing Tab. You can set up your ticker there, and you set up your Home Page Setup. Once you have those set up, you will have your link to put in your siggy so we can all take a looksee. Also, then you have Jess add you to the Chart Stalking Room if you want as well. I hope I didn't leave out anything.

September 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
Veteran
YAY! I figured it out! Thanks. My chart is nothing to look at right now since I have only been charting for one day. But at least soon you all can give me some input. Once it detects ovulatuon does it tell you? Like if the temp goes up etc?
September 2nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay for bb thermometer...have fun with it. Don't worry so much about not sleeping enough..just as long as you gets 3 hours in you will be ok and if not still take your temp...this way it help you get into a routine taken your temp. GL start bding and hope this month will be it for ya

September 3rd, 2008, 05:07 AM
Yay for getting your chart set up . . . but when I click your ticker it only links me to your ticker not the chart. Did you set up your Home Page Setup too? That will give you the link to share the chart.

I'm sure I missed something in my trying to assist - hopefully these other ladies here can straighten us both out.

September 3rd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Somethings missing in your set up for us to be able to see it in your siggy. But, if you want added to the Stalking Room, I "think" I can get it there and we'll be able to see your chart. If you want added in the CSR, let me know there. Okay?

September 3rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
Veteran
let me go check the home page and try it.....I am so new to this its a bit confusing. But let me see what I can do.

And yes add me to the stalking room.
September 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Veteran
Ok I think I fixed it. Let me know. I had a huge dip today but I also woke up at 5 am and was tossing and turning...not really sleeping until I finally got up 20 minutes later...so that may have affected it. I did miss my O i believe because I just have a small amount of creamy CM. But even so at least I will get used to charting and you ladies can help me figure things out!!
September 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yay, we can see your chart now when we click on your ticker. It's hard to see if you've O'd yet with only a couple of temps. Have you temped before? Do you happen to know what your temps usually are? For me, your temps would be considered high, but for you they may be normal. KWIM?

September 3rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Veteran
Nope I have never tempd before so this is all new. If I use a normal thermometer I am usually between 97.9 and 98.6. I am pretty sure I already ovulated cuz my last period was August 19th. I was having the EWCM a few days back. I think my cycle might be a bit messed up right now cuz I was on antiobiocs for almost 2 weeks. (about 12 days) Could that affect cycles?

Oh an ya my periods are usually pretty regular. Not sure about the temps and CM since I just started all this.

And Jessica if you missed it before, add me to the chart stalking room.
September 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I added you to the CSR, I had to put you in the Waiting to O list because we don't actually have a dpo for you. I think you can put in an O line if you have a pretty good idea when you O'd. But, like Becky said, I would have expected your temps to be higher if you were in the 2WW.

September 4th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Veteran
Not sure exactly when I Od. Probably Saturday or Sunday.How do I put an O line in? Do I have to put it in each month? Or does FF do it for me?
September 4th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Usually FF will add the O line for you once it sees the shift in temps. I'm not sure how to manually put in an O line though as I haven't done that yet. If you figure it out, please let me know, as it's probably the same way to remove an O line. Last cycle I never O'd but due to the progestrine pills FF put me as Oing and as having a longer LP so it throws off analysis. So, I want to find a way to remove the O line for that chart only. If I have a chance later, I'll also play around in FF to see if I can figure this out too.

September 4th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't done it either. But, I was thinking you could do it in the Tuning/Override. I never checked into it, but I've noticed that some charts have blue CH or a blue O line, so I was thinking that those may have been Override lines.

September 5th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I played around with FF this morning, and you can manually add/remove/change your O date. It is under the Analysis menu, choose Tuning/Override and make your changes. I did that this morning to remove the O line from the previous cycle as it was skewing the analysis of all the charts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search