If you are a POAS addict...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2008, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok - so normally I am a POAS addict. I start testing about 8 or 9 dpo...knowing full well that I will get a BFN because it is too early. Well, this past month I promised myself / DH I wouldn't do that. I hate seeing BFNs and holding out hope for those next couple of days. Plus, after reading a few things on peeonastick.com - I realized that with ovulating later in my cycle, those early tests wouldn't work for me anyways.

This cycle I told myself to wait until at least Thursday 8/28. I think I o'd on the 17th (cd 17) and that would have put me around 10-11dpo. Well, DH was out of town so I convinced myself to wait one more day when AF was due. Plus, I received BFPs with both my kids on a Friday - so I figured that was a sign.

Lo and behold - got my BFP on Friday 8/29! I was ecstatic. We headed out of town for Labor Day and then on Sunday I started cramping / bleeding. Long story short - I am no longer pregnant . I went to the drs this morning to confirm it with a blood draw, but I did see a "not pregnant" on a test I took Sunday night. I do believe that I was pregnant and just had an early miscarriage. But, had I waited to test until just a few days past due - most likely I never would have seen the BFP and getting AF would have been much easier. Apparently this can happen up to 50-60% of the time.

I am not trying to bring anyone down - just keep this in mind when you want to know really bad and you need a reason to hold off on testing.

Thanks Rochelle for a FABULOUS siggy!!
September 3rd, 2008, 08:38 AM
boysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about what happened. It's must be really hard being up in the sky one day, only to fall back down the next. At least, you know that you CAN get pregnant, maybe next time it will be a sticky bean.
I totally agree with you. Most of the time I resist the urge to buy a test before AF is due....but the tests are in the house......it's a different story, LOL!
September 3rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm sorry about what happened. It's must be really hard being up in the sky one day, only to fall back down the next. At least, you know that you CAN get pregnant, maybe next time it will be a sticky bean.
I totally agree with you. Most of the time I resist the urge to buy a test before AF is due....but the tests are in the house......it's a different story, LOL![/b]
I know! I feel blessed to have my kids and I have always thought that when a miscarriage happens it's for a reason...and in this case better to happen now than weeks from now.

But, it was still a blow. I think I would have rather not known. On a positive note, I think it cured me of testing early / on time

Thanks Rochelle for a FABULOUS siggy!!
September 3rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your m/c. Been there a few times and I know how hard it can be.

I am not one to test early at all. I will wait a few weeks before I do anything. I hate seeing the BFN.

Hope you can conceive again soon.

September 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. I wish I could give you these hugs in person.

I usually don't get the chance to test early since AF typically is visiting me by 12DPO. Hearing your story does make me think that even then I may not want to test that early if AF is late.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry to hear about how horrible your weekend turned out. I never really looked at testing early that way, but might think about that the next time I'm tempted to test early. I agree with Sherry, at least you know you can still get pregnant. Hopefully you'll get a real sticky bean very soon. I also agree with you, that they probably happen for a reason - as sad as they may be. More

September 3rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I agree with you, it's best to wait and test after AF is late. I was really good this past cycle and didn't test at all! I will keep you in my mind for this cycle.

I hope that you will get your sticky bean soon!
September 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry...this is heartbreaken. I hope that you will get BFP soon and that the next time everything will gos well and the bean will stick. I think I will wait until Friday to test now.

September 3rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
I'm really sorry about your m/c. Next time the bean will stick I hope.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 3rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Super Mommy
I totally understand your point...It's almost like getting the best gift ever and then losing it. If you never knew about the gift you would know what you were missing. BUT! To know you can get pregnant has to bring hope! To see the double line would be an amazing feeling.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search