Is it only me????

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2008, 07:50 PM
Super Mommy
Does anyone else "shop" for maternity clothes with buying them???? I love to dream about the clothes I would buy. I have even been tempted to buy clothes off Ebay! CRAZY???

"I meant to say WITHOUT buying them."

September 3rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually buy maternity t-shirts. They are so comfortable and are longer than other t-shirts.
September 4th, 2008, 05:04 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
I haven't bought any official maternity clothing, but I have bought some tees that people think are. But they are just babydoll style. But my thoughts are - I'll grow into them maybe??? lol

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 4th, 2008, 05:46 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't bought maternity clothing, but I've had several people ask if I was pg due to the babydoll style tops to. Hopefully one of these days I can say "Yes I am!".

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 4th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't want to jinx myself by buying anything baby. I bought a onsie and a pacifier so I can give to DH when/if we ever get a BFP and I think that jinxed me that month as that was a GREAT looking chart for me and ended up not so great. With all the weight that I gained in a matter of a few months, I look like I'm about 4 months pg....I just wait for the day that someone sees my non-baby-baby bump and asks when I'm due. For those of you that are new, check a few pages back to "Wanna See Something Funny" that I posted.....you'll get a kick out of it.

ETA: I had a heck of a time finding it myself, so I thought I'd just add the link......

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...+somethin+funny

September 4th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
I've gone into Motherhood Maternity in the mall, just to see what's available in styles and such. I was joking around with the sales ladies about also being in there to breathe deep and maybe catch the Baby Bug!

I've got maternity clothes already, but I'm sure I'll want some new stuff if we get PG again.

September 4th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Quote:
I don't want to jinx myself by buying anything baby. I bought a onsie and a pacifier so I can give to DH when/if we ever get a BFP and I think that jinxed me that month as that was a GREAT looking chart for me and ended up not so great. With all the weight that I gained in a matter of a few months, I look like I'm about 4 months pg....I just wait for the day that someone sees my non-baby-baby bump and asks when I'm due. For those of you that are new, check a few pages back to "Wanna See Something Funny" that I posted.....you'll get a kick out of it.

ETA: I had a heck of a time finding it myself, so I thought I'd just add the link......

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...+somethin+funny[/b]

Jessica - how did you get a pic of me???? That looks just like my tummy too. I've been asked countless times by customers at work if I was prego and I love to see their faces when I say no. I don't think I've gained anything since we got married last year, but it's just shifting. But not to the right places.....

casey cochran melanson
September 4th, 2008, 10:56 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
No I have not buy anything for me (maternity)...I been looking at some at target. I brought some baby (Gap) clothing...have this very cute baby girl winter outfits (snow suite) and can't wait to try it on my baby someday soon.

September 4th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...+somethin+funny[/b]

Jessica - how did you get a pic of me???? That looks just like my tummy too. I've been asked countless times by customers at work if I was prego and I love to see their faces when I say no. I don't think I've gained anything since we got married last year, but it's just shifting. But not to the right places.....
[/b]
It's me.....all me. I went off of a potassium derrivative medication the end of December, and didn't step off of it like I should have and gained about 15 pounds in a 1 1/2 weeks, plus the 10 I gained from the wedding/honeymoon/holidays, and from January to somewheres around April/May I gained another 10..........so in a matter of 7-8 months I gained about 35 pounds. Hmmmm.....sounds like what I'd gain during a pg too. I shouldn't laugh, it's sad when I look in the mirror. *Sigh* to be a size 6 again *sigh* (a size 7 or 8 would do at this point )

September 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I know what your talking about Jessica. About 7 years ago I was getting ready for my surgury for my endo and was on some shot thing. I took 3 shots (1 per month and no bcp). During the same 3 months, I was going through my divorce. I lost 35 pounds that summer. I think I've gained it all back and then again. I figured that when I went off the bcp's I would lose it again. But nope.....oh well.....

casey cochran melanson
September 4th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If it makes you feel any better Jessica, I think that weight gain is a rite of passage once you get married.
September 6th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A rite of passage I didn't do that with my first marriage. I've been told it's "Happy Fat" because I'm so happy now.....guess that's why I didn't gain during my first one, must not have been all that happy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search