Anything different for the next cycle?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2008, 05:28 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering if anyone is going to do anything different this cycle to get that ellusive

With me, my doctor is increasing the Clomid to 100mg (up from 50mg), and I'm staying as far away from sick people as I can. It's hard to get to BDing when I'm practically living in the bathroom. KWIM? Hopefully that'll do the trick this time.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 8th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know. I already feel like we're trying everything. I've started taking my B6 again and baby asprin again too. I've got some Preconceive Plus to help give those lil guys some fertile fluid to swim around in...don't really need the lubricant, but the stretchy/sticky stuff I do need. I haven't decided if I'm going to try Mucinex or EPO this month. I reckon I best decide soon since I'll need to start them in a few days. I also haven't decided if I'm going to try OPKs again this month. I just don't know what I'm doing this month....way too much going on.

September 8th, 2008, 02:26 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
The doc is going to put me on another dose of Clomid, but only after doing an u/s to check for cysts. But I don't think she can up it. She's already got me on 100mg. But we just came from Dh's appt and found out that it's not just me. But I'll post about that in my journal later on when I have time to write it all out. But we'll just BD our brains out and see if that works. If not, I'm 85% sure that I'm gonna try IUI next month....But meanwhile, I've hog-tied AF, thrown her in my trunk and I'm going to bury her in the cement we are laying at the new house tonight.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know, we're sort of on a break until we find out in three weeks if my cysts are gone and if we're gonna move on to IVF. Nothing exciting planned this month.
September 8th, 2008, 03:14 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not sure what else to do...we need to time bd a little more better. Maybe doing nothing will work...lets get drunk and bd, who knows I may get preggo that way. After this cycle it's back to dr's office...hope this cycle will be it. GL everyone

September 8th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I ordered some Pre-seed. It had better get here by the weekend though!
September 9th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Super Mommy
I am starting to chart this month and I bought a fertility monitor...So we will see if that was a waste of money or not!!! I have three months to try without medicial help and then it is off to the doctor again for me!

September 9th, 2008, 04:33 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Quote:
I don't know. I already feel like we're trying everything. I've started taking my B6 again and baby asprin again too. I've got some Preconceive Plus to help give those lil guys some fertile fluid to swim around in...don't really need the lubricant, but the stretchy/sticky stuff I do need. I haven't decided if I'm going to try Mucinex or EPO this month. I reckon I best decide soon since I'll need to start them in a few days. I also haven't decided if I'm going to try OPKs again this month. I just don't know what I'm doing this month....way too much going on.[/b]

Jessica - what is the B6 and baby aspirin supposed to help?? I've heard of others taking them, but the doc never mentioned them. Anything I should look into???

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 9th, 2008, 05:02 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know. I already feel like we're trying everything. I've started taking my B6 again and baby asprin again too. I've got some Preconceive Plus to help give those lil guys some fertile fluid to swim around in...don't really need the lubricant, but the stretchy/sticky stuff I do need. I haven't decided if I'm going to try Mucinex or EPO this month. I reckon I best decide soon since I'll need to start them in a few days. I also haven't decided if I'm going to try OPKs again this month. I just don't know what I'm doing this month....way too much going on.[/b]

Jessica - what is the B6 and baby aspirin supposed to help?? I've heard of others taking them, but the doc never mentioned them. Anything I should look into???
[/b]
I'm sure Jessica will know the answer better...I heard that baby aspirin was use to help prevent m/c and b6 I think has to do with helping the little bean stick better. Not 100% sure but I think that is what they are use for.

September 9th, 2008, 06:20 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
I'm sure Jessica will know the answer better...I heard that baby aspirin was use to help prevent m/c and b6 I think has to do with helping the little bean stick better. Not 100% sure but I think that is what they are use for.
[/b]
And to throw my 2 cents in . . . I've also heard that the aspirin will help build the lining so the eggie has a better chance of implanting & sticking. And I've heard that B6 can help lengthen your LP. I can't take the aspirin due being anemic at times , and I forgot to ask my doctor if I could take the B6.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 10th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You've all mentioned what I've read too. As for the B6, I didn't start taking it to lengthen my LP, my LP is usually 12-14 days which isn't bad at all. What else I'd read about the B6 is that is helps with the lining, and I took that as increasing the Progesterone. I could be wrong and need to read more. I believe I read about the B6 in the Subforums on this board. The baby asprin I'd read on other boards here on JM and not only is it supposed to help prevent m/c (again, I think that's a Progesterone issue) but it's suppose to help with the lining being more accepting of a bean.

I still need to find the post on another board about increasing DH's sperm count/mobility/motility. Hoping I can get him to do some of that too, so I'm not the only one trying to increase the odds. DH isn't low, but he's on the low side of normal, so maybe that'll help too.

ETA: Again, I encourage everyone to read the Subform.....Helpful TTC Information. It's at the top of this board and has LOTS of information in it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search