IB or wishful thinking? (I'm new here!)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! I'm new to this forum -hoping someone can help me out. This past cycle was a really long one for me. DH and I were definitely not TTC, thought that I was about a day before AF would start and had unprotected sex. The next day, I started having CM for 2 or 3 days, still no AF, and thought, "Oh crap, I'd better start charting my temps!" (I had gotten a little lazy this month due to several vacations and a really bad cold.) So, instead of AF coming, I Oed! Now, I am 15 dpo and started having really bad cramps this morning and it seemed like AF arrived. However, as the day has gone on, it hasn't gotten heavier -mostly brown, but also some red. It is getting on my pantyliner, but one liner could last me all day. This is NOT typical for me as I always have heavy periods. Also, my temp was high this morning, so I wasn't expecting this at all. I took a FRER yesterday (14 dpo) and it was negative. My question is what does IB look like? If it is red at all, does that just mean AF? I'm going to take my temp tomorrow am and of course watch my flow. I'm a little confused and honestly would love to have a BFP. If I am out this month, looks like DH and I have some talking to do b/c I'm thinking we're not done yet! Thanks for listening!

September 9th, 2008, 06:29 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello, I'm glad you found our board here. I'm Becky and I co-host this board along with Jessica. I haven't been pg yet, so I haven't experienced IB myself. From what I understand though, IB is usually light spotting that is pink or brownish. Since you are spotting right around the time you expected AF, it's hard to say whether this is the beginning of AF or if it's IB. I'd recommend seeing what your temps do over the next couple of days, and if AF doesn't show, re-test. Good Luck and Keep us updated!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 10th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Well, AF is definitely here. I'm bummed, but ready to try again this next cycle...thanks for your reply, Becky!

September 10th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello and ! I'm Jessica and as Becky mentioned, I co-host the board with her. I was going to give you the same answer she did, but it looks like AF beat me to the punch. We're glad you found JM and our little board. Please stick around and start posting with us. We'd all like to get to know you better.

September 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello and I'm Chum 34 ttc 1st... sorry af showed. GL next cycle and hope you will get a BFP soon

September 10th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. I love JM already and everyone seems so supportive. BTW, my name is Heather and I'm fast approaching 34 this month and I have two boys ages 7 and 4. My 7 y.o. has autism, which is a whole different forum, trust me! We're incredibly blessed, though. Best of luck to all this month -let's get some BFPs on the board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search