Life has been crazy!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, where to start................

Mom: As you know I had to make an unexpected trip to check on my mom. When I saw her after my plane landed, I was shocked! She looked like she'd aged about 10 years since I saw her last October (for my wedding). Part of that was due to the fact that she wasn't coloring her hair anymore (lack of money to have someone do it and her Parkinson's gives her troubles trying to do it herself) and the other was that she wasn't wearing any makeup. I'm sure it doesn't help the fact that she doesn't sleep well, so I'm sure she was pretty tired then, it was 9pm. Anyway, she's not doing as bad as it came across to be. She's pretty depressed, partly because she's not working and also because there's no family where she is. I helped make sure that her Social Security Disability and SSI had been filed and what status it was in (it's a wait and see at this point). I also got her to the doctor and to a hair cut and got some groceries in the house. I got her computer working properly again and set up an email for her. But, most importantly, we had a good talk. I felt bad talking to her like she was a child, but I had to let her know that I believe that since she stopped working the disease has progressed rapidly, meaning that she needs to stay active to keep it at bay. All she does is sit on the couch and read and watch tv, her exercise consists of washing dishes (15 minutes) and walking 1/2 block (round trip) to get the mail. So, we got her signed up at the senior center and she promised that she'd go there a couple times a week and she also promised me that she'd swim in the pool at the house a few times a week too. I explained to her that if she doesn't get active then it's going to progress fast and if it gets to a certain point, my brother and I will have to move her and her and I both know she doesn't want that. I think she heard me, because she made those promises to me and she's wearing makeup again. With the haircut and makeup she looks much better, and more importantly she feels better about herself emotionally, which will help too. So, I got home late Tuesday evening and have been running since.

DH: On Monday he was called for an interview with the city that I told you about. That interview was yesterday afternoon. It sounds like it went well, he was the last one of 7 to be intereviewed (I think that was a good thing) and they said they'd have an answer on Monday. DH is sooooo stressed over applying for the job, waiting to hear about an interview, getting ready for the interview, the interview itself, and now having to wait for an answer, and then having to tell his boss if he does get the job. On top of all of that stress, there's so much to do around here to get done and ready before winter and he's working like crazy (last weekend AND this weekend) and next weekend we are driving like 20 hours one way to California for a 50th wedding anniversary in my car that he needs to work on and doesn't have the time (my cruise control hasn't been working - that's a whole other story in itself - and my serpentine belt needs replaced) AND with him being so stressed and tired and I should be Oing at some time over the next 4-5 days I'm scared that there won't be much BDing done.

Well, that's an update. I'm sorry that I didn't post sooner, but with everything being so crazy I didn't even get on JM yesterday so add JM withdrawls on top of everything else.

September 12th, 2008, 07:17 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's a big hug from me!!!

Hang in there, Jess. I'm happy to hear that you're getting your Mom taken care of. It'll be so good for to get out of the house, and keep herself active. Is there anyone else out there you can depend on to nudge your Mom along if she starts drifting back again? Maybe the senior center, or someone?

And with DH & the job, I'm keeping all my crossables crossed!!!!! It sounds so promising, with there being 2 positions, and interviewed 7, but until he gets that call he's going to be stressed about it. I hope you are able to get some BDing in as you should be Oing soon. Maybe Monday's Good News call will get you some celebratory BDing.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 12th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ya, the lady that mom lives with will be able to help prod her along if necessary. And, I'll stay on top of it via phone and email too.

And, yes! I'm hoping to do some celebratory BDing on Monday! New job, new baby....WOW!

September 12th, 2008, 02:26 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Jessic, hang in there. Glad to hear that your mom is getting better. Hope your dh will gets some good news about his job soon...keeping my fingers crossed. Try to take one day at a time and may each day brings you and your family happniess and less stress. You are in my t&p.

September 12th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((HUGS)) I hope your mom keeps it up. Is she on anything for depression? Good luck DH!!
September 12th, 2008, 04:09 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Hey glad to hear that your mom is doing better. I too hope she keeps up with it. Good luck to DH and hopefully you'll be BD celebration style in monday....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 13th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everybody! I'm really hoping life can get back to normal soon. Monday for DH isn't going to get here quick enough, I can tell you that!

Marie, yes, my mom is on I believe a generic form of Wellbutrin. I personally don't think it's working properly tho. I was reading some stuff in our subforum on vitamins and saw that B6 is not only good for TTC, but it's also good for depression. I'm going to suggest she ask her doctor about that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search