For those of us TTC#1....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
For those of us TTC#1, what are you most afraid of?

Stretch marks?
Gaining too much weight?
Not being able to lose the weight afterwards?
Morning sickness?
Possibly not being able to do the things you did before you got pg, while being pg and even after delivery?
Your relationship with DH/SO changing?
Natural delivery?
C-secion delivery?
Multiples?
Abnormalities?

Anything else that I've forgotten?

September 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Right now I'm just thinking about ttc more than anything. Since I'm older I do worry and hope the baby will be healthy with no abnormalities, but will deal with whatevery god give us. I think once I get preggo then I will think about other things then. Dh and I hope that we can have a healthy child more then anything and that we will be able to rise our child to be a good person.

September 13th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My biggest worry is not being able to carry to full term.
September 13th, 2008, 08:03 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Most of it I don't really care about. I'm most worried about not getting to the point where I can start to worry about those things. With everything that is going on with myself and DH, I'd like, no love, to be able to worry about stretch marks and delivery.

But I do worry a little about delivery. Because of my arthritis, I have a hard time when the doc does a pelvic because I can't put my knees apart far enough for her. Sometimes I have to hold them down or a nurse has to. My hips just don't go that way. So I'm pretty sure that I'll have to have a c-section. i've already got the scar for it from my surgury....lol

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 14th, 2008, 06:37 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Like, Chum I've been thinking more about TTC and have not really thought about these things yet. Especially with it taking much longer then I thought it would to get pg. I guess my biggest fear is that I may only get once chance at this. With the other stuff, my doctor for years has mentioned that I'll probably need a c-section due to my pelvic area being very small & a family history of breech births, so that crosses my mind from time to time. Multiples (twins mainly) also cross my mind, and on one hand I'm scared to think of having twins, but on the other hand if I only get this once chance I'll have 2 babies. I will also have to watch my weight gain as I'm overweight now.

Now with stretch marks, I've already gotten quite a few due to weight gain over the years, so that doesn't bother me at this point.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The entire multiples issue is one that I have thought about quite a bit since DH is a twin and twins are rampant in both of our families, but the thing that terrifies me most is not being able to carry the baby or babies to term.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search