still not convinced!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well FF changed my O day and gave me solid CHs now, but I am still not convinced. Now they are saying I O'd on Sat (CD19). I still have not had any O pains...however, on Saturday I was in a wedding and me and all the other bridesmaids took Advil so our feet would not swell in our shoes, so I wonder if I had the pains and didn't feel um cause of the Advil Also TODAY I had a big temp rise so I'm not sure what to think Can you girls take a look at my chart and tell me what you think??

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm definitely not an expert on this whole charting thing, but with the OPK showing a + on CD 17 and the way your temps look.....hmmm.....it would make more sense to me if that was the O day and then your temps keep rising after that....

GL!!! I think we're cycle buddies! I O'd just a few days before you.

September 17th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm definitely not an expert on this whole charting thing, but with the OPK showing a + on CD 17 and the way your temps look.....hmmm.....it would make more sense to me if that was the O day and then your temps keep rising after that....

GL!!! I think we're cycle buddies! I O'd just a few days before you.[/b]

Well CD17 was the first O day they gave me but w/ dotted CHs. They changed it to CD19 w/ solid CHs today

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 17th, 2008, 12:36 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joanne, I'm not an expert either but here's what I think - it could be either CD17 or CD19. You had your positive OPK on CD17, and for me I usually O 1-2 days after I receive that 1st positive OPK. (I get multiple days of positives.) You don't indicate what your CM was on CD17 either, so CD19 has fertile CM which may also be why FF gave you solid CHs on that day and removed the dotted CHs on CD17. Let's see if FF moves your CHs again, and either way it does look like you've O'd. Yay! I hope you were able to get some BDing in!!!! Good luck in your 2WW!!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 17th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Becky. I think FF has your CH at CD19 because it was a couple of days after your positive OPK and your CM for that day. As Becky mentioned, you don't have what your CP or CM are for a few days in there. If you were to enter those, they CH might change again. I'm guessing that with your temps the way they are, your CH will probably stay where they are unless you enter more past data. Good Luck!! And I hope you got some BDing in to catch that eggie!!

September 17th, 2008, 02:33 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also agree with Becky. As far as your high temperature, it could be anything from taking your temp a little later than usual to your body trying to fight off an illness (I notice my temps go up like that just before I get a cold or something). It could also just be a high temp for no apparent reason. Just keep charting and wait for a trend. I will say from my own experience that as you get closer to when AF is to arrive and your temps get really high like that, it can be a very promising sign. Good luck -hope you caught that eggie!

September 17th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
From your temps alone, I would say that you O'd on Friday or Saturday. Keep watch on your temps and see if they stay up.
September 17th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
Joanne,

I was clicking my way through some FAQs on my FF chart page and came across a Q & A on this topic. I thought it might be helpful.

Quote:
My chart shows that I ovulated the same day as my positive OPK. I thought ovulation happened the day after a positive OPK. Is it possible to ovulate the same day as getting a positive OPK?

When you are using ovulation prediction kits (or devices that measure luteinizing hormone), you can usually expect ovulation to occur the day after your first positive result. This is because (LH) luteinizing hormone, the hormone measured by OPKs and the hormone responsible for triggering the rupture of the ovarian sac, typically surges the day before ovulation. In some cases, however, you will see ovulation on the same day as the positive result. There are a few factors that can help explain how this happens.

First, remember that when you are reading your OPK, you are seeing a snapshot of your LH surge. You do not really know whether you are seeing the beginning, peak or trail of the surge. What you know is that your LH is at a level that is detectable as a surge by the kit. It may have started to surge soon after your test the previous day and be starting to trail, or it may be just starting to surge. In a case where it looks on the chart as if ovulation occurred the same day as the surge, here is what may have happened:

1. LH started to surge during the night or early in the morning and was detected by your OPK in the early afternoon.

2. Ovulation occurred sometime in the evening or night, several hours after your positive OPK, possibly several hours longer than when the LH actually started to surge.

3. Your temperature is up in the morning, indicating ovulation for the previous day, the same day as the positive OPK, even though many hours have elapsed between the LH surge and your temperature rise.[/b]

September 18th, 2008, 11:37 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Hope you will catch an eggie. to what everyone has already said. GL hope that this month will be it for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search