CM question

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Veteran
So my last day of my period was yesterday. My CM is clear with some white is this right? I thought after your period it was more sticky. I know it had some blood left from my period...just tinted so not sure what is really normal. I just dont know what is normal since I just started this whole TTC thing. So I am really trying to figure this all out.

Ok I jsut checked my CM (sorry tmi) and its very very little and my cerivx is high. So this is what is usually normal for me. Thw cms this morning was what I was referring too. So I am assuming it was end of the period deal.

I hope FF will tell me when I O and temps rise. I do have to get out of bed and walk like 5 steps t the bathroom to temp. I then sit down and do not move. I can not do it in bed cuz of the dogs they literally try and get it out of my mouth. Also I wake up around 545 and Rob does not budge till after 7! So I am long gone by then. Only time I can lay in bed is on Saturdays or Sundays when he gets up early. I did test it and take my temp in bed, then walked the 5 steps to the bathroom and the temp did not change so I think I am ok there as far as temping. I am just really anxious to get this right!!! I want to offically start trying this month when I O!

Anyway I am babbling now
September 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jen, I think it's more accurate to take your temp before you do anything. My cat used to try to steal the BBT from me - so I know where you are coming from!

I would strongly suggest reading "Taking Charge of your Fertility". I'm nearly done reading it and I've learned a ton about charting!

Good Luck!
September 18th, 2008, 04:51 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Jen, I think it's more accurate to take your temp before you do anything. My cat used to try to steal the BBT from me - so I know where you are coming from!

I would strongly suggest reading "Taking Charge of your Fertility". I'm nearly done reading it and I've learned a ton about charting!

Good Luck![/b]
what Kimberly says - it's best to take your temp before you do anything. I've taken my temp in bed and then after my few steps to the bathroom and mine has gone up several tenths of a degree (97.01 to 97.12). I know it's hard with our furbabies, my kitty likes to bat at it in my mouth. (Silly cat) Jessica also has a dog, when she's back I'm sure she'll give you some pointers and what she's done so she can temp in the morning.

And "Taking Charge of your Fertility" is a great book. I checked it out of the library a few months back, and found it very helpful. There is also alot of good info on Fertility Friend as well to read.

Your CM is unique to you, and it's only after you chart a few cycles will you begin to see what is "normal" for you. I feel I'm only now getting to the point of figuring it out.

I'm sure you're going to do just fine with charting, just try not to stress too much over it to begin with. I did that and tried to analyze every little temp dip or spike, and was driving myself crazy. Just take your temp every morning, and hopefully in a couple weeks you'll see that nice upward shift in temps indicating you've O'd. Those first CH's from FF are always nice to see.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 18th, 2008, 05:55 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the thing to remember, too, with taking your waking temps is to always do the same routine EVERY morning -same time, whether in bed or out. Just keep things consistent. I hope that you will not be doing this long, but with each month you'll get to know your own patterns and tendencies. It is a very cool thing -been doing it for 10 years, both TTC and for birth control. Also the book that the girls have mentioned is very helpful! Good luck!

September 18th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Super Mommy
I am also in your situation! I just started charting and I am really excited about it. The first thing I do in the morning is take my temp, use my clearblue fertility monitor, check CM and then get on the computer and log what I found out. The CM thing is still a mystery to me. I look forward to the day when I have figured out my CM cycle and don't have to wonder hmmm... what is this? Is this normal??? lol lol...

September 18th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There is no real "normal" when it comes to CP and CM. Like Becky said, each of us is different. And you'll come to figure out what is normal for you. You'll also figure out how things change with different things that happen in your life....when you're stressed, tired, happy, etc. When I first started charting I was so excited....I too got on the computer right away to see what was going on, doing chart comparisons and it can make you crazy like Becky said. And, yes, those first CH are a joy to see and you jump up and down all excited. Consistency IS the key. But, it doesn't take much movement to see a change in your temp, even if it's only a couple of hundreths - that's a lot when you are charting. I do have a dog, and when I first started, the alarm would go off and he'd start going ballistic on me and I didn't want him waking DH. So when he'd come to see me after the alarm went off, I'd grab my BBT and stick it and then gently pet his head so he'd stay calmer. Now, he hears the alarm is a tad restless while I temp then I get up and take care of him after it beeps at me. The tought mornings for me are the weekends, I don't set my alarm clock, so a lot of times I rely on the dog to wake me up since he seems to have his own internal alarm clock.

September 18th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Veteran
I have three hyper dogs so temping in bed is impossible. The second the alarm goes off all three jump on the bed and lick me and bark to go out to potty and eat.

I will try it but so far no sucess. I just cant wait to see a temp rise!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search