Five on Friday!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2008, 05:29 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Weddings</span></span>

1. What are your favorite and least favorite wedding traditions?

2. Wedding Gifts: Do you buy from the registry, find something else, or give money?

3. Are you more likely to slow dance or participate in the chicken dance?

4. If If money (and vacation time) were no object, what would your dream wedding be like?

5. Share a wedding tip, suggestion, stress reliever, etc. that others might not have heard of.

For me . . .

Favorite for me was DH not seeing me in my wedding dress until I walked down the aisle. The look on his face was priceless. Least favorite is when brides & grooms smash the cake in each other's faces. I never did like that tradition and DH wasn't raised in this country and had never seen that tradition.

2. Wedding Gifts: Do you buy from the registry, find something else, or give money? It depends on the couple, and I usually will buy from the registry or give money. Greek weddings are typically cash given as the families have usually taken care of most registry items.

3. Are you more likely to slow dance or participate in the chicken dance? I'm very klutzy, so slow dance is the "safest". But I do enjoy the Greek circular dances which are easy to figure out.

4. If If money (and vacation time) were no object, what would your dream wedding be like? I would have loved to have had a Christmas themed wedding with reds & greens.

<span style="color:#4B0082">5. Share a wedding tip, suggestion, stress reliever, etc. that others might not have heard of.
I made an activity book for the kids with coloring pages, matching words, scavenger hunts, connect the dots, etc. It was so much fun to do, and I knew that the kids would need something to entertain themselves with after sitting in the church for over an hour. I had the books and crayons at the reception, and everyone helped themselves. I knew the adults would like them too, so I made alot extra and it's funny to look at the pics and I see at least one book on every table even when there weren't any kids.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 19th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Weddings</span></span>

1. What are your favorite and least favorite wedding traditions? My favorite is the first dance...My least favorite is Something old, new, borrowed, and blue

2. Wedding Gifts: Do you buy from the registry, find something else, or give money?
I ALWAYS give money ( I buy off the registry for the shower)

3. Are you more likely to slow dance or participate in the chicken dance? BOTH!!

4. If If money (and vacation time) were no object, what would your dream wedding be like? I had a pretty nice wedding ( I would have invited more people) And I would have like to go on honeymoon to Figi (I went to Punta Cana)

5. Share a wedding tip, suggestion, stress reliever, etc. that others might not have heard of. Hmmmm..I was just a bridesmaid last Saturday so let me think.....my 2 yro is screaming in my ear so all I can come up w/ is take advil so you feet don't swell. Oh and bring Pepto bismol

For me . . .

Favorite for me was DH not seeing me in my wedding dress until I walked down the aisle. The look on his face was priceless. Least favorite is when brides & grooms smash the cake in each other's faces. I never did like that tradition and DH wasn't raised in this country and had never seen that tradition.

2. Wedding Gifts: Do you buy from the registry, find something else, or give money? It depends on the couple, and I usually will buy from the registry or give money. Greek weddings are typically cash given as the families have usually taken care of most registry items.

3. Are you more likely to slow dance or participate in the chicken dance? I'm very klutzy, so slow dance is the "safest". But I do enjoy the Greek circular dances which are easy to figure out.

4. If If money (and vacation time) were no object, what would your dream wedding be like? I would have loved to have had a Christmas themed wedding with reds & greens.

<span style="color:#4B0082">5. Share a wedding tip, suggestion, stress reliever, etc. that others might not have heard of.
I made an activity book for the kids with coloring pages, matching words, scavenger hunts, connect the dots, etc. It was so much fun to do, and I knew that the kids would need something to entertain themselves with after sitting in the church for over an hour. I had the books and crayons at the reception, and everyone helped themselves. I knew the adults would like them too, so I made alot extra and it's funny to look at the pics and I see at least one book on every table even when there weren't any kids.[/b]

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 19th, 2008, 06:24 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM

Weddings</span>

I too liked the fact that DH didn't see my dress until the wedding. I almost blew it though, because there was a Tim Hortons commercial playing in the months leading up to the wedding and in it the wedding party goes to TH for the wedding. Well the bride was wearing my dress!!! I almost said something in front of DH and caught myself just in time....lol My least favorite would also be the whole cake thing. I was smelling cake for a week....

Depends on the couple. For our closest friends we tried to find things on the registry that was something that they wanted but that would be something that we would do anyways. But if it's someone that is not real close, we usually just send a card and check.

If my nephew is around, the chicken dance cause that's his favorite. But if not, depending on the song, I love to slow dance with DH.....

4. If If money (and vacation time) were no object, what would your dream wedding be like?
I had my dream wedding. We got married outside at the lighthouse. Everything was great, although if it had been about 15 degrees cooler it would have been perfect. The reception I would have loved to have had longer, more time to dance and hang out. But the honeymoon was great and we can't wait to go back to Aruba....

Don't let people in your family (and his too) tell you too much what to do if you are planning your wedding. Listen to your own mind and DH's and don't let anyone else influence you that you don't want to. This will just add stress. Keep things simple. And when choosing music for the reception, be sure to think about who is going to be there and make sure that you have a really good selection of music. Don't just pick all of your own songs, choose some that others might like. Some ideas are choose family memeber's wedding songs to play, like your parents or his. And don't tell them before either.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy

Weddings</span>

We really didn't have one. One tradition is that the dh side of family would came over to my parents' house and the would bring over gifts...like olden days they would brings goats...thing like that in exchange for me. Wait a minute...it's like my parents sale me or something like that....it was fun.

Mostly money.

both

I had my dream wedding would be on the beach somewhere warm that the whole family can come.

Just do what you like to do...if you ask for input...you get alot and it turn out a mess. On the day of the wedding just have fun...nothing will go 100% your way, so just have fun!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search