Television Tuesday!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2008, 05:39 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

How many TVs are in your home?

Do you subscribe to cable, satelite service, or use rabbit ears?

How much time do you end up watching TV each day?

For current Mommies, do you limit the time your children watch TV?

For future Mommies, do you plan on setting limits?

What are your guys must see shows?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

For me,
How many TVs are in your home? - I just realized that we have 4 TVs in our home, 5 really but the 5th one is rarely used. One in our family room, our downstairs living room, and one each in our bedroom and DH's Mom's bedroom. (Mom lives with us 6 months of the year, the other 1/2 in Greece.) So for 2 1/2 people, we have alot of TVs.

Do you subscribe to cable, satelite service, or use rabbit ears? Rabbit ears, so yes we're affected by the 02/09/09 date of everything converting to digital. We've already received our 2 $40 coupons and used them to buy 2 converters. We still need to buy 2 more, but will wait a few more months. When Mom is here in the States, we do get 1 satelite channel - a greek channel that is only active while she's here. The 5th TV is an older one we have set up in Mom's sewing room/guest room and it's rarely on.

How much time do you end up watching TV each day? Maybe an hour or so in the evening, usually catching the news before heading to bed. During weekends, we'll tend to watch more, or throw a movie in the DVD player.

For future Mommies, do you plan on setting limits? At this point, I do believe we will set some limits. I don't want our future children to be hours in front of the TV each day when they should be outside, active, etc. We'll see . . .

What are your guys must see shows? The only one I'm usually good about having to see on Tuesday evenings is House. The others I like to see when I can are CSI, CSI Miami, Cold Case, the new show Fringe looks interesting, Grey's Anatomy, ER. Those I rarely catch at their scheduled times, and usually catch a few minutes or watch them on the internet.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 23rd, 2008, 06:14 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM

How many TVs are in your home? We actually have 3, but only 2 are being used at this time, but we will have 3 set up when we move into the new home.

Do you subscribe to cable, satelite service, or use rabbit ears? We have dish and will keep it when we move.

How much time do you end up watching TV each day? On my days off, I tend to watch a little more. But usually 2 or so hours a day.

For future Mommies, do you plan on setting limits? I think so because I don't want them inside watching TV when they could be getting fresh air.

What are your guys must see shows? The only must see TV show I have is CSI on Thursdays. But even that I tend to miss a lot because of work.

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 23rd, 2008, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How many TVs are in your home? One

Do you subscribe to cable, satelite service, or use rabbit ears? Cable, but it is included with housing so it is pretty basic.

How much time do you end up watching TV each day? Two or three hours a day

For future Mommies, do you plan on setting limits? Yes, I want them to be out in the fresh air when possible and interacting with the rest of the family on days when the weather does not allow outdoor activities.

What are your guys must see shows? We are almost addicted to the reality shows on the History Channel and the Discovery Channel, so now watching them in reruns until the new season starts.

September 23rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy

How many TVs are in your home? We have 2, one in the family room and one in our bedroom.

Do you subscribe to cable, satelite service, or use rabbit ears? We have cable (just basic)

How much time do you end up watching TV each day? On my days off I watch a little more, about 4 hours. On days I have to work...get about 1 hours in.

For future Mommies, do you plan on setting limits? I'm not sure...I think I will, I would only let him/her watch educational shows

What are your guys must see shows? I like Heros, Chuck, Jon and Kate + 8..but I can only watch it every-other week ...every-other-week I work night so I would miss it, so it hard to watch wkly show b/c my work skd change wk by wk. Becky you are right Fringe does looks good...but I would only get to see it everyother wk..I hate that.

September 23rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy

How many TVs are in your home? 3, 1 in the living room, 1 in the family room, and 1 in our bedroom

Do you subscribe to cable, satelite service, or use rabbit ears? Direct TV

How much time do you end up watching TV each day? If I'm home I don't necessarily turn the tv on, so it's hard to figure out, and in the evenings after I get home from work it's usually between 1 and 3 hours. DH likes to fall asleep with the tv on, so that's some time too. I'd have to say that "a" tv is on for probably an average of 7 hours a day (over a week) but that doesn't necessarily mean it's being watched.

For future Mommies, do you plan on setting limits? Definately. I know our tv is on a lot, but that doesn't mean it's being watched, so we'll have to keep an eye on that.

What are your guys must see shows? Two And A Half Men, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?, CSI on Thursdays (but, I don't know how long I'll be watching that with the current goings on of people leaving), baseball during baseball season and DH LOVES Forensic Files.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search