Which would be bbetter???

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Super Mommy
In the morning when taking your temp. would it be better to do it right as you wake up even if it isn't your "normal" time or try and wait it out being as still as possible?

September 23rd, 2008, 10:11 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me it depends on what time it is, if my bladder is full, etc. I'm usually an early riser even on the weekends and typically take my temp around 5:00am, and I can usually go back to sleep afterwards and catch some more sleep on days I can sleep in some. Other times, I wake up at 3/4:00 and cannot go back to sleep. So, I normally take mine as I wake up. If I do go back to sleep, I'll take mine again when I wake up again. Sometimes I use the temp adjuster in FF to see what they say it would have been at my regular time. I don't really know what is "better", that's just how I've done it.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 23rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha! I just had this same dilemma this morning, Hallie! My boys woke me up at 2:30 this am and I could not get back to sleep. I finally did fall asleep and maybe got a couple of hours in. I went ahead and took my temps both in the middle of the night and after I woke at my usual time. My earlier temp at 2:30 was really low (97.0) and my temp 3 hours later was what I would have expected it to be (97.7). Who knows? I did look it up in my Natural Family Planning manual and this is what it said, "If you cannot take your temperature at the same time, taking it a half-hour earlier or later generally won't affect your waking temperature too much, but more than that will probably affect it one way or the other. Your temperature's low point is during the very early hours of the morning when you are normally sleeping, and it starts to go up about the time you normally wake up. It continues to rise at the rate of about 1/10 of one degree F each half hour until it reaches your normal high temperature when you are active, generally around 98.6 degrees F." And in another section of the manual, I found this, "Light activity such as taking care of a child during the night will not affect your normal waking temperature. Even if you are up quite a bit during the night, your waking temperature will usually be undisturbed if you have been able to get a good hour's rest or sleep before taking your temperature. If your temperature should be unexpectedly way up, consider it a "disturbance" or discarding it." I hope this helps. You might have to experiment if that happens to you again and take it twice like I did to see how much of a difference you find.

September 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat this wk...I would have one day of sleep okay and the next day I would be in and out of my sleep. So my temp been up and down all wk..so hard to tell if I Oed or not. Not really sure what the correct answer is ...I guess I would take the temp right when you get up ( as long it is 3 hours of sleep). GL sorry I was not much help here.

September 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
For me it depends on what time it is, if my bladder is full, etc. I'm usually an early riser even on the weekends and typically take my temp around 5:00am, and I can usually go back to sleep afterwards and catch some more sleep on days I can sleep in some. Other times, I wake up at 3/4:00 and cannot go back to sleep. So, I normally take mine as I wake up. If I do go back to sleep, I'll take mine again when I wake up again. Sometimes I use the temp adjuster in FF to see what they say it would have been at my regular time. I don't really know what is "better", that's just how I've done it.[/b]
I know FF says to have 3 hours of sleep, but sometimes you just can't do that. If possible, I'd temp right when waking, even if you lay still you're body is waking up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search