Going to see OB/Gyn on Tuesday

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, I've got an appointment with my OB/Gyn for next week Tuesday. I went into my Outlook calendar and had AF notes from March 08 to present still left on the calendars. I've made markings on a 12-month calendar page so we can see when I had AF, when I skipped it, and when I had just the light spotting/flow.

Here's what I found:

March: 4-day AF
April: 4-day AF (started after CD-32 of previous cycle)
May: 4-day AF (36-day cycle)
June: No AF
July: 4-day AF (62 days after 1st day of last period)
Aug: 4-day AF (heavy spotting 1st day, then light spotting the other 3 days; 29-day cycle)
Sept: 3-day AF (light spotting only; 22-day cycle)

The no AF in June screws thing up, but I guess if I average those months out to two, 31-day cycles, that gives me an average of 30 days per cycle over the last 6 cycles. June, August, and September are the anomalies. I've had just one "normal" AF over the past four months.

If I were PG, I'd definitely be getting a BFP on a HPT by now, wouldn't I?

September 27th, 2008, 04:56 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you got an appointment, now hopefully you'll get some answers. It's very good that you're taking a calendar with AF marked. I also recommend printing & taking your FF chart. These last 2 cycles in particular with AF showing so early.

As far as the BFP on an HPT - I have yet to have a positive but I've heard of other ladies who don't get a positive BFP until they were further along in their pregnancy. I think they said it was something about their body had too much HCG for the HPTs to register. Maybe you can have some bloodwork done.

Good luck & please keep us updated!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Karen, I'm glad you've got an appointment (I've got one on Thursday). I'm not sure what to say except make sure you take your charts with you to your appointment. Hopefully the doctor will have some answers for you soon. Becky's right about getting late BFP's. And, there is something called the Hook Effect where there is too much HCG in your system with FMU and the test can't recognize it, the thing to do with that is to not use FMU because then it's a little diluted. Good Luck and KUP!!

September 28th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Well, I posted the date wrong....

I'm going to the OB/Gyn on Oct. 7 which is fine. I'm fairly LMAO right now b/c FF has definite CHs on my chart. I highly doubt that I O'd on CD-8!!!

The days following the light spotting (that I'm considering early AF) seem to have been all over the place. I think I blame that on turning on the heat in our house at night because the low temps make my DD's room chilly and she wakes up more often. Like I was told, even the slightest changes can affect the BBT. So, stalk if you like and let me know what you think about this latest on my chart! I'm having a good chuckle, but the good thing is that if that were true, at least DH and I BD'd the night before!

September 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Your charts are enough to drive anyone crazy. Have you tried removing the "light flow" from your chart and having it as spotting and see what FF does then? CD8 seems awful early to O, so maybe if you did this it'll make it one long chart and you just now O'd. Either way, you'll be seeing the doc soon and hopefully they can give you some answers. Good luck!!!

September 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Your charts are enough to drive anyone crazy. Have you tried removing the "light flow" from your chart and having it as spotting and see what FF does then? CD8 seems awful early to O, so maybe if you did this it'll make it one long chart and you just now O'd. Either way, you'll be seeing the doc soon and hopefully they can give you some answers. Good luck!!![/b]
I have sucky charts, huh?

Becky, I changed the "light flow" days to spotting and here's what happened:

I still supposedly O'd but it put it a day earlier which turns into CD-30 (OMG!) but it's still solid lines for the CHs. We BD'd the evening of the supposed O'ing so.....

Again, my body is just wacked out! Not O'ing until CD-30??? What's that??? Ugh. I can't wait to talk to the OB/Gyn. I hope she has something to help me!

ETA: Forgot to mention (and I'm sorry in advance b/c this is probably TMI) but on CD-29 (the day before ovulation) I had a TON of stretchy, clear CM. I mean LOTS - it literally dripped off the TP when I wiped and brought it in front of me to then throw in the toilet! So gross!!

September 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Karen, I've O'd on CD29, 35, 45, & I've not O'd at all and ended up taking progestrone to bring on AF. So, it's not impossible to O on CD30. To me, it looks like your body tried to O earlier, but I really don't think you ever did. Were you under any additional stress, sick, etc. earlier in your cycle? Alot of things can make your body go a little wacky and you O later. Hopefully you can get some answers from your doctor and again take all your chart stuff with you.

Good luck!!!

September 28th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Well, the days where my temps dipped (Sept. 18-21) we travelled to Chicago for a long weekend for 1) my uncle's funeral and 2) a wedding on Saturday. Huh......didn't really think about that until just now.....

September 28th, 2008, 07:16 PM
That will add stress, so it could be the cause. Our bodies do like to drive us crazy. I just hope you can get some answers soon!!!

September 28th, 2008, 07:22 PM
So, you think I should leave my chart as it is now (a long ongoing cycle)? I guess it would make more sense, huh...

Here's an additional question about a possible symptom of me O'ing late.....when DH and I BD'd a couple days after the O date, it felt almost like I was bruised inside while we were at it. Wow! I'm glad we BD'd a couple nights before that! That is right, isn't it? If you O and still BD on the same day, it's a good thing? Or is it too late by then?

October 1st, 2008, 12:16 PM
Quote:
So, you think I should leave my chart as it is now (a long ongoing cycle)? I guess it would make more sense, huh...

Here's an additional question about a possible symptom of me O'ing late.....when DH and I BD'd a couple days after the O date, it felt almost like I was bruised inside while we were at it. Wow! I'm glad we BD'd a couple nights before that! That is right, isn't it? If you O and still BD on the same day, it's a good thing? Or is it too late by then?[/b]

I think your chart looks better now as a long ongoing one, and I hope you can get some answers from your doctor. With me, after I O my cervix becomes lower & firmer so it does feel different when we BD as compared to before we O when my cervix is higher & softer. Maybe that is what you mean by feeling bruised.

With your BD timing, I've heard that it's usually best to have the spermies waiting up there for the eggie, but the eggie lives for up to a day after being released so I would think you would have a chance since you BD the day of O.

Good luck!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search