saw my DR today

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well...we have a plan in place. I am so nervous now that the ball is finally rolling . He explained everything to me and seems to think my C-section is why I am having trouble conceiving now So here is the plan.
This week I have to go get a HSG.(if they can give me an appt in time)
Next as soon as I get a pos OPK I have to call him that day and then he wants me and DH to BD the next day and then we have to go to the DRs office 4 hours after so he can do some CM test on me
Next I have to get my progesterone level checked a week after I O, then again 2 days later.
I also have to get a endometreal biopsy CD 23-26.
I missed the CD2-3 blood test so I have to wait until next cycle for that.
Oh and DH has to get the SA done
sooo I am very excited but very nervous. Especially for the endo biopsy if I did get pregnant than that would ruin it...right?
For all of you that have gone through this is this how it normally goes??

Oh and he also told me some interesting facts...
1. If you get AF after 5:30 pm then day 1 doesn't start until the NEXT day
2. Do not use preseed only Vegtable oil

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 28th, 2008, 05:52 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! It's so exciting to have a plan! I wish that I could be of more help to you. I don't really know anything about an endo biopsy. My thoughts were the same as yours as I read your post. Just take it one step at a time and definitely KUP. Quick question, how exactly does your C-Section affect your ability to conceive? Does it affect implantation? Just curious...Good luck! I'll be praying that you are able to get some answers AND do-able solutions.

September 28th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Wow! It's so exciting to have a plan! I wish that I could be of more help to you. I don't really know anything about an endo biopsy. My thoughts were the same as yours as I read your post. Just take it one step at a time and definitely KUP. Quick question, how exactly does your C-Section affect your ability to conceive? Does it affect implantation? Just curious...Good luck! I'll be praying that you are able to get some answers AND do-able solutions.[/b]
I'm really not sure...he never really explained that part. He goes off on these medical tangents and totally looses me

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 28th, 2008, 07:41 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy you got some answers & a plan in place, Joanne. (I still find it funny that you can get doc appointments on Sunday.) I haven't had an endo biospy, just several on the cervix, so I can't answer that question either. Good luck with everything & please keep us updated!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 30th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Super Mommy
Two things I have never heard of:

1. How can the dr. get an accurate idea of your CM after BDing?
2. Vegetable oil? I always heard you shouldn't put anything inside you that wasn't meant to be there????

Any thoughts?

September 30th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Two things I have never heard of:

1. How can the dr. get an accurate idea of your CM after BDing?
2. Vegetable oil? I always heard you shouldn't put anything inside you that wasn't meant to be there????

Any thoughts?[/b]
I don't know about the veg oil...thats just what he said. As for the CM test , it is an actual test they do to see how well your CM is treating the sperm.

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 1st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I believe the CM test is called a "post-coital" test. And, it is to see if the CM and the lil swimmers are compatible. As for the vegatable oil.....?? That's a good one. I have been told (thru a post here on JM) that you could use real egg whites, but that it could also cause an infection.

YAY for a plan Joanne!! I see the doc on Thursday, so we'll see what my plan will be. I too don't understand how a c-section can cause troubles with ttc. But, "they" are supposed to be the experts, right?

October 1st, 2008, 05:11 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for the info on preseed...I can't believed that it's veg oil...wow...I guess I better not use it.

I'm glad dr got some answer for you. Still don't know why c-section is the cause of it(the only think I can think of is scar my cause it?)..keep us posted on that. Yay for a plan...GL

October 1st, 2008, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Thanks for the info on preseed...I can't believed that it's veg oil...wow...I guess I better not use it.

I'm glad dr got some answer for you. Still don't know why c-section is the cause of it(the only think I can think of is scar my cause it?)..keep us posted on that. Yay for a plan...GL[/b]
Wait..lol I am confused....the preseed isn't veg oil. He said to Use veg oil...lol

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 2nd, 2008, 03:28 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never heard the veg oil thing. But the c/s thing can be problems with implantation due to the scaring. And some scaring can cause growths which COULD block things.
C/s Issues are more likely to be an issue with emergency c/s scars (the ones that go belly button to pelvic bone). The routine/emergent c/s scars (hip bone to hip bone) don't have as much of an issue.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search