Sorry for being MIA

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry ladies, for going MIA on you this weekend and I don't expect to be online tomorrow either. I was supposed to have had a relaxing & fun weekend, looking forward to a family get together on Saturday, and then my Mom was going to stay with us for a couple of weeks. Instead, we've been at the hospital all of yesterday & today, and again tomorrow.

To make a long story short, my Mom has multiple health issues. She started having heart problems in the last year, and during Labor Day weekend she ended up being hospitalized down where she lives with my youngest brother. After they did their tests down there, her doctor wanted her to see a Cardiologist, but there wasn't any one close (maybe one 3 hours away). Her doc gave her permission to come up here and visit me for a couple of weeks as long as she took it easy and in the meantime he was going to search for the closest doctor and hospital down where they live for her to have her heart checked out. Mom lives in a very rural area (I call it the boondocks). Saturday morning (up here) Mom started having severe chest pains and the nitro pills weren't working so they transported her to a hospital here. She didn't have a heart attack, but it could have turned into one. So basically it comes down to they are going to do the test up here that her doctor was wanting to do down there, a Cardiac Catherization, to look at the heart & arteries and they can fix a blockage if they find one at the same time. They'll be doing this tomorrow morning, and if they don't find anything then she can come home with me tomorrow evening. If they do a stint or balloon, she'll be staying another day or so and then she can come home with me.

I was looking forward to having some Mom time, but spending it at the hospital wasn't quite what I had in mind. But since I've always got to find something to laugh at & keep my spirits up, I do have to admit this is keeping my mind so occupied that this 2WW is flying by and I'm not obsessing over any symptoms right now.

Take care all of you, and I'll update when I can.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 29th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear about your mom and your weekend! Please keep us posted.

September 30th, 2008, 01:04 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Becky! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! KUP -nothing like a little 2WW distraction, huh? I hope she's ok.

September 30th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear about your mom and your weekend. You and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of both myself and DH. Please keep us posted.

October 1st, 2008, 03:22 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! My Mom is home with me now. We got some good news/bad news in her situation. Good news is that she didn't have a heart attack and they found no blockages. Bad news is that there isn't much they can do to prevent this from happening again. Apparently, Mom has VERY small arteries and has chest spasms which in her case causes temporary blockages, severe chest pain, and can cause a heart attack if the spasm does not go away in a timely manner. She is to continue keeping her blood pressure & cholesterol under control, have the nitro pills with her at all times, and if the spasms don't go away after taking the nitro pills to immediately head to the emergency room. The poor thing is all black & blue from being poked so much these past few days, and is quite weak but is starting to feel better. She's currently enjoying her coffee (decaf of course) and some wheat toast for breakfast. She's an early riser like me, and has been up for a little while. I have to go back into work today, but will check in with her frequently.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
October 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM
safeway0027's Avatar Super Mommy
Becky, I'm so glad your mom is during better. She is in my t&p....I'm sure she is glad to be at home. Hope her health will be better each day.

October 1st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you know the cause of the pains. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search