Question for all of you

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had some PM questions from some of our pg girls about whether they should keep posting here, and about their siggys, and how much information to divulge about how they are doing. My response has always been something to the effect of stick around, we'd miss you, don't worry about the siggy, we all love to hear how you're doing, and that we are more like a family and have gone (or are going) thru the same issues to get the same result. Sorry if I was speaking out of place. But, now that I'm in "that" boat......it got me wondering how everyone REALLY does feel about those issues.

I honestly don't think we have a drama type of board and that we really are a family. That's one of the reasons why I left another board a lonnnnng time ago....it was all drama and the new girls would get a bfp and sometimes it felt like it was being thrown in the face of those of us that were having issues trying to get there, and there were some problems with posting how the pg was going and with siggys being posted, etc. But, I really would like to know how everybody here feels. You can post your feelings here if you'd like or if you want you can PM me with your thoughts.

Thanks, girls!

April 16th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Kellica's Avatar Super Mommy
I for one would still love to hear from the girls who got there BFP and how they are doing. I've gotten to know them and it would be a shame for them to leave us. We are a family here going through all the same struggles. I have no problems whatsoever with them posting, talking about there pg or there siggy's. Please stay!!!
April 16th, 2009, 08:48 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellica View Post
I for one would still love to hear from the girls who got there BFP and how they are doing. I've gotten to know them and it would be a shame for them to leave us. We are a family here going through all the same struggles. I have no problems whatsoever with them posting, talking about there pg or there siggy's. Please stay!!!
That's exactly how I feel too! The pg mamas are so sweet to be taking how we feel in consideration, but for me I definitely don't want any of you to feel you can't post here or show your siggys. You girls are my family and if you don't post here with us, I have to get my stalking hat on and hunt you down.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
April 16th, 2009, 08:55 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
This came up recently on one of the other boards I’m active on.
The success stories and progress are comforting to me. I love hearing how everyone is doing and what’s going on in their pregnancy. Because we have all dealt with some of the same, or similar or even just had issues, it gives me hope that I will succeed also.
I would much rather at this point in my whole TTC journey hear about our ladies here than (ok may be slightly offensive-sorry) the early 20 something’s whose SO looked at them and they got pregnant and have never even had a bump on the whole journey. Not that I am not also happy for them, but it makes me sadder to think that they got something so easily that I (we) have been striving for, for so long.
So, I for one would love the ladies to stay, and also don’t worry about hiding your siggy’s.

jmo.

April 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also want people to feel comfortable sticking around and telling us how they are doing. To me you have shared your journey this far and I want to see what happens next! I'm excited for all of you and would hate to have you just disappear (Like Becky, I'd just end up stalking you somewhere else).
April 16th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
One thing that I hate on the TTC boards (especially when I've been on them so long) is that you get to know people, then they get their BFP and *POOF* they're gone! I sometimes start to feel lonely as I have to re-form relationships with the new members (not that I wouldn't anyway).

IMHO - don't leave. If I have a problem (or pity party), about someone's BFP - that's my problem and I will get over it. I have the ability not to read a post if I choose not to (but usually I do).

Ladies - I don't have the time to track you down. So just stay here!
April 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
I'm glad that you gals all feel like that...I was actually thinking about this the other day when I was reading some posts. I like hanging with you. Before I got my BFp, I was happy to hear from the others that had because it gave me hope that it could happen to me too....So if you gals don't mind, I would love to hang around...besides I'm getting a headache everytime I go into the DDC and try to keep up with the posts.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
April 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with everyone. Occasionally someone disappears after getting their BFP (probably with the best of intentions and not wanting to upset anyone) and it's like whoa where'd they go?? When it's someone who posts a lot, you really notice when they're gone!

As it's only been three weeks since my miscarriage, I admit it would be hard for me to read about a million random BFPs and pregnancies on a standard TTC board at the moment, but with you girls (and being a smaller board too where we know everyone), I know what you've been through to get where you are and therefore I'm just so happy for everyone and that's why I haven't felt the need to take a break from here.

So yes, please hang around!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 16th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that with us being such a small board, we get to know each other fairly well, and I really like seeing the siggies and tickers-I know I'll want to share my pg with your girls someday, and I'm hoping you'll all share your's with me, too. Just don't leave me behind once you all get pg, okay? It'll be just me in here with the tumbleweeds blowing through-please stay!!

Lucky mother to five!

April 16th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Delsol's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree -stay, stay! And I love the sticky for belly pics and ultrasounds. What a great idea!

April 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You girls are all awesome and wonderful and you're making me cry!

April 16th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica C View Post
You girls are all awesome and wonderful and you're making me cry!

Must be all the hormones!!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 17th, 2009, 06:36 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jess, I'm so glad that you got this dialogue going! You are all such amazing people! I was definitely worried about upsetting anyone, but you all had such great points. I still want to be able to encourage everyone and share what's going on too. I'll be honest, my sept. DDC is a bit overwhelming -I lurk there, but it has been hard for me to put myself out there. I feel like I only have one group of ladies that I "belong" to!

April 17th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Veteran
I know I haven't been posting here long, but I'm with everyone else-I love hearing how you pg ladies are doing and honestly, it gives me hope that I'll be joining you soon.

Nancy

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain
April 17th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Londa's Avatar At the Crossroads
Stay -- Share --- Post

April 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering the same thing so I havnt been posting here much. I am glad you got the conversation going Jessica. I just started posting over in pregnancy over 35 and I feel lost over there. I havnt been here that long but I feel closer to everyone on this board than the rest of JM.

April 17th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
I think you should all stay! You give everyone hope, and we're happy for you!!!!

April 18th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Veteran
I say stick around. I want to know how everyone is doing. I would be lying if I said I didnt feel a bit jealous of those preggers but hey thats natural. I still don't want you pregger girls to leave!
April 18th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainermom View Post
Jess, I'm so glad that you got this dialogue going! You are all such amazing people! I was definitely worried about upsetting anyone, but you all had such great points. I still want to be able to encourage everyone and share what's going on too. I'll be honest, my sept. DDC is a bit overwhelming -I lurk there, but it has been hard for me to put myself out there. I feel like I only have one group of ladies that I "belong" to!
I agree completely. This board is 'home' for me and this is the group of ladies that I "belong" to.

April 20th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad it's ok to keep posting. I've checked into the Dec DDC....and boy does it move FAST! This 'ol brain is having a hard time keeping up with it! This is my JM family and I'm glad you don't want to boot me out of it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search