10 wk appt

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
So I had a very scary experience at the doc's today. I went in expecting to have a PAP and full exam. Not too bad. Didn't realize that they were not doing an u/s, so DH really didn't need to be there, but I'm glad he was. The doc decided that I didn't need the PAP because it's only been a couple of months since my last one. So instead we talked about my back issues and some other stuff then she said that we were going to listen to the heartbeat!!! That's when it started. She pulled out the dopler and tried and tried but couldn't get anything. She kept trying for about 10 minutes or so. Then she said that my uterus was probably tipped back, so everything else was in the way and that's why she couldn't hear it. And she said that she wasn't worried. But in my mind, that didn't help. So I think she saw the panic on mine and DH's faces. So she ordered an u/s. I had to go back to work for 2 hours then go back for the u/s. That was the longest 2 hours I've ever had. I did loose it at work too thinking what is going to happen. The girls at work were great in trying to cheer me up and to get me to think only happy thoughts. So then DH met me back at the doc's for the u/s. Sure enough, there she was...moving all around...heart beating fast as can be...180...so we felt better. (See 180...I told ya it's gonna be a girl!!!!) The tech is always so nice and she knew why we were there and as soon as she started the u/s (internal) she said "There it is..." We even got to hear the heartbeat through the u/s machine...It was the greatest sound I've ever heard....She said that the doc shouldn't have even tried the dopler until after 11 weeks. But the baby was moving around a lot during the u/s and she said that could have done it too...I'll tell ya....I've never been so happy...And I get to stop all the injections!!!! I just wanted to share with you girls, as you are like family.....and I didn't anyone else to experience this alone....So I go in for my Downs screening in two weeks then another appt two weeks later.....As soon as DH gets the printer hooked back up, I'll post the u/s pics....It looks like a baby now, not a grape!!!!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
April 28th, 2009, 02:53 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Casey! What a relief! I can imagine that the two hours at work were torture. It is very common to have difficulty getting a hb on the doppler at 10 weeks. I had the same experience at 9 -luckily they were planning on doing an u/s anyway b/c I was spotting. I'm so glad that everything is ok!!!!

on a side note: our hb was also 180!

April 28th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Casey, that must have been a difficult wait. I'm glad you were able to finally hear the heart beat and that you can stop the injections!
April 28th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
That is stressful! I can't imagine having to go to work like that. I'm so glad the baby nongrape is doing great!!!!

April 28th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Delsol's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You poor dear! Doctors should be VERY careful about what they say and how they say it! Glad to hear everything is alright, though - week 10. Wow!

April 29th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how you went back to work for two hours - I'm so glad everything was okay. Sounds like your doc should refrain from even trying to find the heartbeat until someone is past 11 weeks (going from what the tech said).

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 29th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Kellica's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad everyting turned out great! I'm sorry you had to experience that kind of panic. Can hardly wait to see the pics!!!
April 29th, 2009, 06:35 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I too have no clue how youwent back to work for two hours! I'm so happy your little bean is doing great!!

April 29th, 2009, 06:51 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything was alright Casey. I have had that happened before with Ariana's pregnancy and with the first attempt for this surrogacy. I cant believe they made you wait 2 hours. I would have ended up losing it to. I am very glad to hear everything is alright.

April 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Casey! I'm so glad everything's great! I too can't believe you were able to go back to work for 2 hours. *sigh of relief* I'm so happy for you and DH!! 10 weeks! Wow, time is flying!

Last edited by Jessica C; April 29th, 2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: spelling
April 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
The only reason I was able to go back to work was my coworkers....They just kept me busy so I couldn't think about it and when I was starting to get upset again, they would just comfort me and say things like "Think positive." "Don't worry. You've come too far to worry yourself like this." "And we are here for you." If I had been working with other people in the store, I don't think I would have made it as well....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search