Tuesdays Tips

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2011, 07:22 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
(yep posting the same topic on two different boards. Brain can not come up with two different ones.)

Whats a TTC tip that you have come across?

Mine is Geritol- I really believe it helps!

October 25th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Regular
I'm curious as to why Geritol? Is there something particular in Geritol that you think helps?
October 26th, 2011, 12:44 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Hi Sam, I am also curious about the Geritol?

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
October 26th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Geritol is suppose to act kind of like a super vitamin for fertility. It's more of an internet rumor, but I think it helped me!

October 26th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
NOT A RUMOR!!!!!
On the TTCMA board, there were a dozen or so women that did the Geritol/Lemon Water experiment...and over 75% conceived without medical assistance!!!!

I had heard before that there was a baby in every bottle. I got my niece started on it and her baby is due Nov. 23. That's after an ectopic pregnancy in February. She was pregnant again two weeks after her surgery!

So, take one Geritol tablet (and it's good for him to take them too!) and drink the juice of one lemon in water every day...and let the BD'ing begin!!!

Always with love!
Dawna
October 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Regular
Hmmm. Can't hurt right? Do you think it would be ok to take Geritol along with the prenatal's I'm taking?
October 26th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbusenbark View Post
Hmmm. Can't hurt right? Do you think it would be ok to take Geritol along with the prenatal's I'm taking?
You take instead of a prenatal- otherwise you are overdoing the vitamins.

October 26th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Regular
Think I might have to make a stop at Wal-mart tonight

Thanks Sam!
October 26th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tried a bottle once when we were doing ivf, had to bring it up since we can't get it here--didn't work for me.

Lucky mother to five!

October 27th, 2011, 08:11 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I am totally curious about this Geritol thing. I already drink a lot of lemon water (it's good for you anyway and I don't like plain water) so I am ready to take on the Geritol! My bottle of prenatals is almost gone so I think I'll switch. One question...does it have enough folic acid or should I start taking those pills in addition? I think I'll put my Geritol in my prenatal bottle so my BF doesn't start making fun of me!

My tip would be honey/cinnamon for helping with CM. I have been taking that, along with Mucinex, EPO, & green tea to help my CM and one or all of those have definitely helped. I also think keeping well hydrated is very important.
October 27th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
Just my input from ttc, I did the lemon water for sure (helps with your bodies PH balance) and a tablespoon of honey with cinnamon every day! I used to put it in tea or applesauce and eat it every day!
October 28th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
Ok, I am totally curious about this Geritol thing. I already drink a lot of lemon water (it's good for you anyway and I don't like plain water) so I am ready to take on the Geritol! My bottle of prenatals is almost gone so I think I'll switch. One question...does it have enough folic acid or should I start taking those pills in addition? I think I'll put my Geritol in my prenatal bottle so my BF doesn't start making fun of me!

My tip would be honey/cinnamon for helping with CM. I have been taking that, along with Mucinex, EPO, & green tea to help my CM and one or all of those have definitely helped. I also think keeping well hydrated is very important.
I had to laugh when I read about you putting your geritol pills in your prenatal bottle

When I went to Wal-mart to buy mine, I couldn't find them and I was too embarressed to ask anyone for assistance. How silly is that?

That's a great question regarding the folic acid. I would imagine it wouldn't but it's easy to supplement.

Tags
gtky , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search