Progesterone after O

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 02:58 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
I am referring to the naturally occuring rise in Progesterone levels after O.

Pretty sure O was yesterday for me, hoping to see the next 2 days temps rise to confirm O

For the past few months I haven't really felt anything noticably different after O compared to pre-O, just have cramps randomly throughout my LP. So I was starting to think I might have progesterone problems. Even my temps don't rise really high above coverline compared to other ladies charts.

For the first time in forever I am having tingling in my boobs today and I am hoping this is a good sign that my progesterone levels are going to be good this cycle. Does that sound reasonable or do you think imaybe the tingling doesn't mean anything? Do any of you experience changes like this in your LP from cycle to cycle? Does it vary month to month or pretty much the same?

I know I need to be tested but I have to wait until the New Year when I upgrade my current medical plan before I can go for more blood tests. Just being extremely hopeful I guess!

I tried to google it but not coming up with much.

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
October 18th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Super Mommy
Hi hon . And maybe I noticed my boobs arnt as sore as before.and with having a chemical last Nov not fulling pregnant I thought same thing .so I got some cream of the net .I used last mth tbh when I remembered too . I haven't used it enough to give u my take on it tho . But hay us girls will try anything
October 18th, 2012, 09:29 AM
2ligit2quit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my boobs get so sore each month its almost unbarible..and Im not shure if its to much estrogen...what I should do is this month is take my opk to see if I get sore before or after O I never really paid attion but now I think I have to.. that might be my problem why it wont stick.. I hope you get tings figured out hun..
October 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Super Mommy
I thought my egg were meeting his sperm having a little jig .then not being able to nest too . That's why I got the cream . But don't really know
What more to do about that side . I know my boobs get big sore o time then goes seems to come back around period time .where's before they be sore from o to period and it was very painful .now just uncomfortable .
October 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I have no input but just wanted you to know I was reading and rooting for you!

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
October 18th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I noticed my body has changed during LP since we started TTC last Sept. My 2WW I would have tingling, swollen boobs and over the last few cycles it has just sort of stopped so I figured it was my progesterone. This is only my 5th cycle charting and my memory is getting bad (LOL) so I can't remember about when I started to feel different during the 2WW (well feeling nothing at all for the most part)

I started dieting about 2 weeks ago, took out most unnecessary carbs (this is good for my IR related to the PCOS) and now starting to wonder if the "bad" carbs were messing up my progesterone levels during my LP. I guess time will tell

Thank you for responding ladies!

October 19th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Well just received a call from the school informing me that 2 of the lil ones from my DD creche have been confirmed having a very contagious strain of Strep If my DD ends up having it I know I will get it, and that just spells disaster for this cycle before I even get a chance to have hope for it since Strep is my one major pregnancy danger. This really sucks

Last edited by LauraTTCat42; October 19th, 2012 at 06:50 AM.
October 19th, 2012, 08:56 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
have you ever had your natural progesterone level tested at 7DPO?

i can't give much advice here b/c my natural progesterone level is low so I now have to take prometrium each cycle starting at 2DPO...but wanted to share that one of the side effects of it is def. the tingly boobs so I would guess what you're experiencing is being caused by rising progesterone levels. It's also been a good sign for me (prior to being put on these prog supplements) of pregnancy, so i'm crossing my fingers that this means something really good for you!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
October 19th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Super Mommy
Oh I didn't know that about the tingling boobs ! That's good to know . I dint really get that I get ichy boobs lol . And Laura I'm keeping everything x for you hun . That you don't get it . Keep positve and keep smiling x
October 19th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh dear no strep!!

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
October 23rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Lara - I am going to go for the progesterone test in January, really convinced more then ever that it is a problem since my post-O temps are getting lower and lower every cycle. Is 7DPO the best time to get tested then?

Well the tingling boobs stopped on Saturday and my post-O temps have been on a terrible downward spiral since then. So not investing anymore effort or concern into this cycle. Think I am going to take it easy and stop with active TTC until I can get the testing done in January (meaning no OPK's, no HPT's and no symptom spotting) I am only going to do my temps because I paid for an FF subscription and I hate the thought of wasting it, LOL

October 23rd, 2012, 11:01 PM
Super Mommy
I don't do temps just have no understanding of them .but could be stress as well for u . I had some spotting yesterday . And went straight on line to look up lol . Spotting between periods can be a sign of low prodestrome.thought that info may be helpful to you Laura . X
October 23rd, 2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks Vicky I haven't had any spotting between cycles yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if I did start spotting. Oh yeah as soon as I get something strange happening to me I "ask google", LOL

I have learned a lot about my body with the temping. Once you get the hang of doing it consistently, it becomes like 2nd nature. I can see patterns developing in my charts (temps and cm) which is pretty cool.

October 24th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Super Mommy
Lol by the time iv finished with google iv got everything under the sun ! But its a good basis to start with .

I may start temp chartting in Jan . But hoping I won't need to .

We live in hope ! .
October 24th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Darn laura. I was hoping the boobs were a good sign this cycle.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
October 24th, 2012, 05:12 AM
The sore boobs were just to taunt me and get my hopes up my temps keep falling, worried what I am going to wake up to tomorrow - 0 degrees and no pulse, LOL
Tinky likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
welllll....if you wake up like that call a magazine and get rich!!
Your ticker always gets me, cause in the morning(for me) it says one thing and by supper it changes. Its that mental kick that you live away.
LauraTTCat42 likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
October 24th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Like the idea of getting rich, hehehe

October 25th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes. I like the idea too. TOO much maybe.
Naw, I'm j/k. We always tell people who ask we'd rather live on hotdogs and ramon with many kids than steak and win with few. Just a preference. (and yes, there have been snide remarks as to what we could do and have if there were less in the house.)

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
October 25th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I love a busy house. With the 2 kids, 4 dogs, cat, snakes, fish and my nieces and nephews visiting on weekends the house is constantly ALIVE.

I secretly wish that when we do become preggers we will have fraternal twins (boy, girl) don't tell DH though - he might stop BD'ing all together, LOL
Tinky likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search