Breakthrough bleeding/cramps after 4dpo/Ectopic or Vitex??

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Ok, Im trying to figure out what could possibly be going on with my body.
Last month I coudnt catch the LH surge but ff gave me CHs anyway (dotted) after my temp went up. Then I had a fallback rise and nothing but ewcm throughout the entire cycle.

So when the new cycle began I decided to take some supplements I had ordered a while back. They are called Fertile Regime and its mainly chinese herbs and prenatals with vitex. I only took them for 2 weeks. Then I ovulated and 4 days later I started to spot. The next day I had a light flow and so did I yesterday. So I went ahead and started a new chart. I also had cramps, but mild.

Anyway, I went to get my blood drawn today because I want to check my progesteron. But when I got in the nurse started asking me all sorts of questions about LMP and O date and she then said she was going to order an fhs and a beta to see if I am pregnant. I told her there is no way I could be but she said that given my bleeding and cramps she wants to make sure its not an ectopic.

I highly doubt it and I am wondering if two weeks of Vitex can possibly be causing this?
Ive had fibroids and polyps before in my uterus and these were not the symptoms. So I feel at a loss as to what could possibly be causing this breakthrough bleeding.

Any ideas?
October 24th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Super Mommy
Iv used the vitex and didn't have anything like bleeding . They didn't do much for me tbh. The temping I can't help you with . But I have heard that o testing sticks can miss the surge sometimes . You may be pregnant . Ie it may be one of those things that we never get to the bottom of . Good luck and I hope you are pregnant .
October 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I don't know either. It is a good thing they are keeping an eye on things just in case. An ectopic is nothing to mess about with. I am hoping it is spregnancy as well. That would be a wonderful surprise.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
October 24th, 2012, 05:54 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope and pray it is not an ectopic, I've had that once back in May of this year. I had gotten pg while on the mirena iud. I had a new one in place and it just has not been the same for me. DH and I wanted to TTC in December and my doctor was giving me a hard time about removing it. I am 40 and she feels that at my age it would be tough...so I switched OBGYNs, I go on the 30th of this month. On 10/4 I was in a lot of pain and felt blah and I was reading some board discussions on the IUD. I was surprised of all the details I did not know about. I removed it myself actually, popped right out. I had some heavy bleeding from the 6th - 12th then it stopped for 2 days and than came back for 4 more. We have not been TTC yet, but have not really prevented it either. Ectopic is not something I would ever want to experience again. Good Luck!!
October 25th, 2012, 05:31 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Rather safe then sorry and I hope the nurse ran the tests she wanted to.

I have never experienced an ectopic but I have read that you sometimes get shoulder pain associated with it, and unusual bleeding although the bleeding could be a few things.

You can get spotting after O from the release of the follicle although I dont think it is very common, ovarian cysts that burst can cause bleeding, fluctuations in hormones and implantation bleeding although 4 DPO could be a bit early for IB. It is possible to have mid cycle bleeding and still get pregnant, but you need to determine what the bleeding is from first.

Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon!!!

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search