We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So title gives away that obviously this last cycle was a bust...I wasn't expecting much, even though everything looked great, simply b/c i have never gotten pregnant 1st cycle off of a loss and especially not where it was completed via D&C.
Anyhoo, the CD3 scan went fine - 11 tiny follies developing. Treatment plan is identical to last cycle, 5.0mg Femara from CD3-CD7...then ovidrel, and then at 2DPO prog + baby aspirin.
RE talked with me a bit about IVF, he was just back from some big conference and said that the technology for testing embryo cell prior to transfer has come a long way and that they can do a full scan of 23 chromosomes now and thinks I'd be a good candidate for doing this. I'm not ready to go IVF route quite yet, but I think we're approaching a crossroads in the next 6 months - if we either have any issue conceiving on current treatment ("issue" for me is taking longer than 3 cycles) or we suffer one or two more losses then I think it may be the last step we take in this journey. I struggle with the idea of spending the $ and going through everything it takes for IVF to potentially lose again due to RPL issues...the chromosomal testing would remove that at least (hopefully) from the risk profile, but I'd still have risk associated from diagnosed (and potentially undiagnosed) RPL issues. SIGH...any advice?
Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
I dont have any good advice, just something my friend once said to me. She had to decide if she wanted to give up or do IVF and for her the not trying the route would eat away at her more than the potential risk if she went through and was unsuccesful.
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
Sorry about last cycle, every cycle it just gets more and more disappointing. We haven't gone the MA route yet, so I am not familiar with the treatment plan you have in place right now. However I agree with what Rachael's friend said - if you give up you may never know and it will eat away at you so try the IVF route even with the risk it may be unsuccessful, you won't know until you try.
It's very reassuring to know you have an RE that is looking for new "technology" and information, your TTC journey sounds pretty safe in his hands and I would be inclined to follow his lead
When we chose to do IVF ( I didn't always have five kids!), we just had DS1 and couldn't get pg for love or money. We chose to do an ivf cycle because I wasn't prepared to give up without trying everything available to me, and if they will do genetic testing, even better. They refused to do pgd on me, but I was a failed cycle anyhow as a poor responder and two months later we met our adopted twins. But I knew I wanted more than one child and my best chance was IVF at that point, so that is the way we went. What are you willing to live with?