Update on me (CD12 appt this am - frustrating!)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Happy Song

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
So I knew something was off as soon as we started the scan and RE is remarking on how good my uterine lining looks (it was a 10.7) and says "oh you must have something positive happening" yeah so the something "positive" was that I apparently ovulated yesterday so no trigger shot needed (obviously) and we're flying blind this cyle with no idea on # of mature follies, although he only noticed one that had clearly popped (and several smaller that had not).

What's weird is that I took 2 different OPKs 2x yesterday (spaced about 10 hours apart)...in the first round, CBE digi gave me a happy face, the FRER was negative. In the 2nd round later that evening CBE gave me a happy face again, FRER was much darker, maybe a borderline positive although still lighter than control line so i'd have guessed close but negative.

Luckily we TTC'd last night, but I feel like this is going to be another blown cycle as we get our best results when we TTC in advance of O as well as after

Frustrating for me is that it seems that either my cycle is getting wonky or the Femara is messing with it, this is what it's looked like so far having done 4 cycles on it:

1st cycle (May '12): O'd on ~CD9 w/o trigger, missed timing completely - BFN

2nd cycle (June '12): O'd ~CD14 with trigger, timed well - BFP (ended in m/c)

3rd cycle (Oct '12): O'd ~CD13 with trigger, timed well - BFN

and now cycle 4 (Nov '12): O'd ~CD11 w/o trigger, timed after - ??

SIGH SIGH SIGH SIGH

Is it odd that I was getting + OPKs during and possibly after ovulating? I thought those were supposed to give you a 24-48 hour lead on ovulation....

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
November 7th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Well that definately sounds frustrating! I hope against hope that you caught that elusive eggy! I guess it was just trying to be stealth on you I hope two years from now you are complaining about your baby Houdini.
LauraTTCat42 likes this.

November 7th, 2012, 09:55 PM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
I also thought + OPK's were ahead of actual O, not during? The frustration is going to be not knowing for this cycle, sorry.

Hopefully your TTC timing was good and you will catch the eggy

What is Femara used for?

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
November 8th, 2012, 09:10 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I'm supposed to take femara + ovidrel (the trigger shot) to help boost my body's ability to produce progesterone naturally b/c my levels are low (repeatedly) on unmedicated cycles. Femara is actually a fertility med to encourage follicle growth and ovridrel is designed to help women ovulate...technically i don't have any issues with either, i ovulate regularly without any meds, but with my body producing weaker levels of implantation & pregnancy sustaining hormones, RE is essentially trying to trick it into working harder. I honestly toy with dumping the fertility meds b/c for what little help they're giving me, they keep screwing up what used to be very regular cycles and essentially causing me a bigger issue with missed timing

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
November 8th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
UGh is all I can say

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13