'Home made pregnancy test' (adding info on storebought tests)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tinky
  • 1 Post By Tinky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I was on youtube trying to find the version of Christina Perris 1000 years that plays in breaking dawn 2, when I found myself wandering about. One video led to another that led to another (you know how it is) when Low and behold I see a video marked Homemade pregnancy test. I of course clicked it and have found some interesting posted videos on using bleach to test for pregnancy. I have no clue any more details than what i saw. i have not yet researched it. The basics being that you pour a capful of bleach into a glass container with i cup of urine and if there is HCG the urine will foam and keep foaming for some time. If there is no HCG it will stop foaming pretty quick (seconds later). I did read that there are bad fumes so the suggestion is to wear gloves and mask and do it outside if you are going to try it. i read reviews that say it doesnt work and some that swear it does. Not that i am suggesting anyone try it, but I was curious to have a conversation on the ladies of TTC-OM about this method. so.....wdyt??

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Edited to add some of what I have found.
Homemade Pregnancy Test
Homemade Pregnancy test and their reliability | Pregnancy Symptoms Before Missed Period

copied and pasted something I wrote on another post for the info:
In refrence to Answer test:yup, worldess and capless. I am an oddball though I suppose. I'll take a wordless, capless set of three over printed, capped set of two any day! I also saw at Kmart the other day that answer now has a 5 pack with cup, of little strips like ICs. I think it was $5. I know most of the ladies order in bulk online, but that might be good to know in a pinch waiting for tests to arrive! I mean, you CAN go to walmart and get 5 of the 88 cent ones but maybe this will make us look a tad less obsessed? OHHH!! I also just found out our dollar store has raised prices on dollar tests. They are now $1.15
LauraTTCat42 likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13

Last edited by Tinky; November 27th, 2012 at 03:34 AM. Reason: adding info
November 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
There is one where you pee on a bar of soap too, I think it is a soap sold in Brazil. This particular soap will foam if you are pg and won't foam if you're not. Something like that. Never heard of the bleach one though.

I want to try the bleach thing, LOL. Can you imagine what my neighbors will think when i go onto the balcony, wearing a mask and rubber gloves, drop my brooks and pee into a cup full of bleach.

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
November 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It could be the next viral video!!
LauraTTCat42 likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
November 23rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Hahahaha! Oh gosh NO!!!

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
November 23rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wonder what would happen or what answer you would get if you did the test? I mean after the week you have had with testing and all?

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
November 26th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Shelz@_@
wow that is crazy

Topic Tools Search this Topic