Saturday Night

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tinky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
And My big excitement is going to be finishing Laundry before bed. if I dont I will be really disappointed. I would have been done already by I was bumping clothes. (Bumping what each kid has outgrown or won't wear into the next kids drawer or into a donation basket)
*The 17 1/2 year old just gave stuff he doesn't want. He'd rather have less clothes and less wash responsibility. So male, I swear!
*The Almost 15 yr old has 4,389 shirts(not really) and 4 pairs of jeans. She has sweat and such but she turned her jeans into shorts over the summer. i could kill her! I had gotten her a bunch of shorts but they were the wrong kind and she donated them and then cut her pants up. GRRR I have to do some shopping to get her some variety for winter, otherwise she will steal my clothes!
*The almost 5 year old has grown soo much this year! It is insane! He was in a 4T start of summer and now he is in a 6/7. I will have to hit some sales and stock up on 7/8 so I am ready for his next growth spurt. His sensory processing disorder makes buying clothes for him somewhat of a challenge.
*The 3 1/2 year old has 4T and a few 5T in his drawers. I have most of the 5T put away for later. I might pick up a few things for him too, just because It is nice to have some things that are JUST YOURS.
* My almost 2 yearold has his drawers full of 24 mths and 2T items. I know some will be alittle big, but I also know he will grow. He has a box of 3T my 3 1/2 yr old bumped out today.

The kids actually look forward to bump time. They like getting new to them clothes and they like giving to those less fortunate than ourselves. The are a good little bunch
LauraTTCat42 likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
November 26th, 2012, 12:52 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
That's really sweet of your kids to bump their clothes.

Totally know what you mean about the SPD. My son has sensory integration/processing disorder. Clothes are so difficult for him, everything bothers his skin, the fabric itches, the tags have to be cut out, the sleeves too long, etc. He would rather be naked I think, LOL.

Hope you made it through laundry day!!!

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
November 26th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I was only somewhat disappointmed. i did not finish but I got so much done it was close. I made my laundry soap last weekend, and have earned of anothe recipe that i am going to try. Mine was powder, and the new one is going to be liquid. It makes 5 gallons of concentrate. I got to thinking about the holidays and the recent struggles some may have due to things like Hurricane Sandy. While we donate non-perishables at all times of the year, and clothes, toys, and household goods whenever i get a box full I want to do something more. I had seen a commercial awhile back about flooding I belive? I think it was Tide, and they stated that while People need these items, most people don't think beyond that. What other items are needed? SOOOOOO I got to thinking that I could make a few batches of the laundry soap, and bottles of homemade body soap, and package for individual families. I could drop them off with other stuff I donate at the community center and they could give the soaps to nedy families who get clothes or food packages. I know i feel better with a full belly, and clean body and clothes!

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
November 26th, 2012, 06:10 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
We do the Santa Shoebox Project here. We make up boxes of goodies for the underpriveleged children. It's not just a bunch of toys though, we give them toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, face clothes and they appreciate it so much. So I think you are totally spot on with your idea. When you think about how much washing powder costs I am sure they will be more than grateful for your additional gifts!!

And how cool you make it yourself

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
November 26th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Super Mommy
Wow.we don't do much in the uk .the only thing I know of boxing food and soap etc for the troops over sea 's .and food parcels for the old people who spend it on there own. Some familys just leave them sitting in the chair all day. And most of familys that do it only live up the road from them . Does make me a bit mad ! Sorry rant over lol
November 26th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Shelz@_@
we do that all the time.. I Llove knowing some family somewhere has clothes to wear... good job hun..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search