Introducing Myself :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By katydae88
  • 1 Post By Shelz@_@
  • 1 Post By LauraTTCat42
  • 1 Post By Papasgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Everyone,

I just thought I would introduce myself on this board I was lurker on here for a few weeks before I became a member. It was great to stumble across this website and I wish I had found it sooner!

My name is Lana. I am 41 and my DH is 45. I have two kids from my first marriage: 22 yr old DS and 20 yr old DD. I have been married to DH for 2 1/2 years now. On Sept 30th of last year, I had a tubal reversal. My DH doesn't have any biological children (he and his first wife had four miscarriages) but he does have 4 adopted ones who are all grown and out of the house and sadly, only one keeps in touch.

We have been ttc for 13 months now. I am so tired of the disappointment of not being able to get pregnant. I have got to the point to where I don't take hpt's anymore. Although I did break down this month and take a FRER on my 12th DPO and it was negative and then I started my af a day early I am on day 5 of my cycle. I can honestly say since I had my tubal reversal that I don't bleed near as much as I used to and my cycles are anywhere from 26-28 days now like they were when I was younger

My brother-in-law and his wife had been ttc for about 7-8 months and she got pregnant in Nov. Af had come just 3 days before I found out she was pregnant and I just bawled my eyes out. I am happy for them but it still upset me when I found out. Nobody around me understands how I feel. I am in college finishing up my bachelors in Early Childhood (I had started college years ago and just never finished) and the majority of my classmates are a lot younger than me and they don't understand what I am going through.

We are taking this month off from ttc. I feel like I need a break. My DH doesn't understand how much of an emotional toll this is taking on me. I cry a lot and I just feel like I am all alone BUT coming here has helped a lot. I just wish that all of us could get our

I am sorry this is so long and that it turned into a rant. I just needed to vent to someone who understands EXACTLY what I am going through.

Thank you for letting me become a part of this group
LauraTTCat42 likes this.
December 12th, 2012, 01:59 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Well hello! I (We) understand how you feel all to well. You can get some good support here and rant anytime you want.

Have you guys done anything medically for TTC or you guys just trying on your own?
In my opinion getting the RE is your best chance.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
December 12th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are just trying on our own. My DH had said something about once I finish school maybe trying to do something more about ttc but I won't finish until next Dec (FX anwyay) and I will be 42 and him 46 by then. I am just afraid we are running out of time

My gyno told us to come back in a year if we hadn't conceived but my DH is resisting that idea right now. He is the only one working and he stresses about paying our bills and I know that doesn't help us with ttc either!!
December 12th, 2012, 05:32 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm sorry you have to be here at all, I wish you had gotten your BFP right away. We can certainly relate to the "time running out" and the frustration of each cycle ending with another cycle starting.

I hope you don't need to go on fertility meds, because you get your BFP.

Keep us posted!

Leia
December 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Shelz@_@
welcome and Im sorry that you are struggling with it. Im 39 hubby is 44..been trying for our 4th for almost 3 yearshis second with me I have 2 from a previous marrage..18. and 17. our youngest is 11. I only have until june before hubby is pulling the plug. were gonna give up when I turned 39 but he said he would give it 1 more year and not a day past.lol. good luck I hope we all get our wishes soon
katydae88 likes this.
December 12th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Super Mommy
hi hun and welcome every one of the girls on here know how you feel,rant away we all do it , we all help eachother too ,its funny from the time i joined jm iv found out so much about ttc just by talking on here ,im sorry that you are finding it hard fulling pregnant, iv been on a little break but am now back ttc ,the heartbreak every mth does get you so down ,but somewhere inside you find the strengh to carry on ,but sometimes we need to step back from it for a few weeks , so i get that as iv just done the same ,
December 12th, 2012, 10:05 PM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Hi Lana & to our board

Sorry about your struggle to get a BFP, but like the other ladies have said you are more than welcome to share those struggles here with us. Vent away, ask questions, anything - we're all here for each other

Do you chart or use OPK's to help determine when you O?
katydae88 likes this.

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
December 13th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Hi there. I'm stefanie and will be 41 in January. Im sorry you are struggling with getting pregnant. It is so heartbreaking each month and I totally understand your frustrations. I hope you get your wish soon and we are all here to listen and to offer support. I don't come on very often, but when I can I am ready to help or be helped...lol.... i hope your day gets brighter
katydae88 likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
December 13th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I will be 43 in Feb. I understand the complete panic you feel because of our age. I can see how DH doesn't want to the expenses right now with him being the only one working but will he regret that later if the window closes on you guys? That is something to ask him in a non confrontational way.
If there is anything I've learned from this process is how to handle DH. You need him to be onboard for sure or it doesn't work for obvious reasons.

Yes- are you charting and using OPK's with TI? If not that should surely help. Also your OBGYN would probably give you a month or two of clomid and that doesn't cost much at all. Usually less that $25.00.
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
December 13th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been charting. I am thinking about starting doing that next month when I have my next cycle. I do use OPK's to track when I am supposed to ovulate. I used Clomid for a few months but stopped using it in July. I actually have one refill left on it. We have been using PreSeed for the past several months and it just seems like nothing is working!

Thank you all for welcoming me to the board. It is just so nice (although I hate it that you do!) to have other women who understand what I am going through!!
December 13th, 2012, 10:00 PM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
You should find charting helpful, it takes a few months to get the hang of things and see patterns but IMO it is worth trying in conjunction with the OPK's.

We just started using preseed last month, can't say it has helped us with conception but the product itself is really nice

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
December 14th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Refill your clomid perscription! Don't let it expire! USE it! Next Cycle so you can get out of here!
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
December 14th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Super Mommy
i took clomid for 2 mths bfn and it made me feel like poo dh put them down loo ,as he couldnt stand my moods anymore ,we just waiting for his semen test to come back ,then i may have the dye put in my tubes ,if all comes back ok ,i may try clomid again ,but will have to watch myselfs with the moods .

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4

Topic Tools Search this Topic