CD2 appt - big changes & good and bad news

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2012, 06:34 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
From title alone you know last cycle was another bust for us...and the CD2 scan yesterday went pretty much as they all have, everything looks fine and i had 7 follies starting (5 on left side, 2 on right). But our protocol with Femara is done...basically RE said even though i've had 2 pregnancies (one on Clomid, one on Femara) we've run our course with the effectiveness of those meds for me, and he think my stress level is so high that it's actually counteracting the meds (LOL how sad is that?).

So we're moving on to injectables - 150 (forget the metric) Follistim/day starting tomorrow, so CD4-8. I'll go back in for a scan on Wed after xmas and again that Sat. RE wanted to combine it with IUI as apparently it works best that way or with IVF but since we literally have half the universe staying with us for week of xmas i just couldn't deal with it. We'll consider IUI next cycle if this one doesn't work.

Bad news is - this makes the whole TTC thing a LOT more expensive for us suddenly. We've been happily coasting along paying maybe $100-200/cycle and when RE started telling me cost for just the Follistim is was a wake up call on the spike up in cost once you move beyond Clomid/Femara!

Good news is, totally unexpectedly, while my insurance covers only some cost of IUI and zero cost for IVF should we go that route, apparently my prescription plan covers Follistim almost completely so the jaw dropping $1k/month estimate RE quoted me looks like it'll be waaaay more reasonable, hopefully under $100 for the meds. And i guess they started checking other IVF meds for me too and said basically if we do IVF almost all my med costs would be covered under insurance.

I told RE i wasn't sure I wanted to do more than a couple of cycles on injectables (esp when i thought the cost would be all out of pocket)...I think if we don't get lucky next 2 cycles we may take a cyle or 2 off and then go straight to IVF, although i say this without having seen an actual cost estimate for me of what that would look like

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
December 20th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
well thumbs up and down for you then!

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
December 20th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are friends with a couple who went on injectibles and then went on to IVF. They mortgaged everything they had to pay for one round of each with no success. She only had one follicle and egg to harvest. Their marriage suffered from the stress and disappointment.

That being said (and not said to discourage you) you certainly have a better chance with the amount of follies you have. But if stress may be a factor, maybe try couples yoga or meditation to help clear the mind and allow your body to do what it has to.

Either way, FXd for you!
December 20th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry about last mth .think we are all with you on the stress front . No matter what you are doing when you are trying to get pregnant it is stressful ! And we can't seem to stop it.got fingers x for you hun . So hoping this all works out for you .

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4

Last edited by vickyblueeyes; December 20th, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
December 20th, 2012, 04:42 PM
2ligit2quit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry hun I wish you the best of luck either way
He calms you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search