Dr. Appt Today- Sorry So Long (X-Posted)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By katydae88
  • 1 Post By vickyblueeyes
  • 1 Post By katydae88
  • 1 Post By LauraTTCat42
  • 2 Post By lelila
  • 2 Post By mommyjones

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to my OB/GYN today for me regular checkup and I talked to him about it being over a year for us ttc and not having any luck getting pregnant. Just a little background on us: I have 2 children from a previous marriage and I had my tubes tied when I was 21. My DH doesn't have any biological children. We got married in May 2010 and he said he didn't want any kids. Fast forward to April 2011 and he decides he does want children We go through fertility testing to ensure we are both fertile before I have my tubal reversal. We both check out fine except he has low motility (34%) but they said we could work with it and be able to get pg.

I had my tubal reversal on Sept 30, 2011 and we started ttc in Oct. 2011 although the dr told us to wait until I'd gone through 2 cycles. We are now on cycle #15 and I am getting very disappointed over all the BFN's I have got in the past year!! I started taking Clomid in March 2012 to help me O but I wasn't temping and charting so I am not sure if I am actually O'ing or not.

I am scheduled to go to the hospital this Friday to have dye put in my uterus and see if I have any blockages in my tubes caused by scar tissue. He also wants to check my hormones (progesterone?) and make sure they are where they are supposed to be. He also made it clear to me today that as soon as I get a positive hpt, I am to go to the clinic and have blood work done because I am at high risk of having an ectopic. He also said that if I do have low progesterone, that if I get in early enough we might be able to prevent a miscarriage.

I told him that I was starting to temp this month and he told me to throw it out and to just use opk's. I am disappointed that he thinks tempingis old-fashioned but I am going to keep doing it anyway!! I want to make sure I am really O'ing.

We also talked to him about doing IUI if it comes to that and they gave me a paper that tells the cost of having it done as well as the cost of u/s's, shots, etc. I am just hoping that everything works out and I can get pg. I feel better now after talking to him and having a tentative plan of where we can go from here once my testing is done.
LauraTTCat42 likes this.
January 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Super Mommy
your doctor seems positive ...not !!!!!!!!!!!! after what u have been through with the op i think its best to do what u can to get pregnant .temping may not be his cup of tea .but for me ( my first mth temping ) after ttc for same time as you nearlly ,its done me no harm and iv learned a lot from it ,like today my temp has took a dive like i new it would as im 29 days and due to start af today,

what doctors dont understand is that we are all different what wks for one may not wk for another ,and that we have feelings they should understand how hard this is on our hearts and minds too
katydae88 likes this.

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 7th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
what doctors dont understand is that we are all different what wks for one may not wk for another ,and that we have feelings they should understand how hard this is on our hearts and minds too

I agree with you!! It has taken a big toll on me both emotionally and physically. I never thought it would take this long to get pg
vickyblueeyes likes this.
January 8th, 2013, 01:37 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
The HSG might be a benefit for you in TTC. Not to get your hopes up but I have seen quite a few ladies on here come through with BFP's not long after having the HSG done.

I really hope that your dr is able to help you in the long run. If you feel comfortable temping, then do it. All it is going to do is help you see what your bodies patterns are.

Stay strong hun
katydae88 likes this.

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
January 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A friend of mine and his wife tried for 9 years to get pregnant and found out she had blocked tubes by having the test. She had a minor procedure done to clear them out and now they have 3 kids.
vickyblueeyes and katydae88 like this.

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Veteran
I have also heard of many women getting preg right after test. my Ob told me that they are not suppose to tell women that because of policy but it works like a charm. Best of luck to you.
vickyblueeyes and katydae88 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search