Anyone trying anything new for 2013 for TTC?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
I just wondered if anyone had any new "stuff" they were going to try out in regards to TTC for 2013.

For January I'm doing Lemon Water in the a.m. & Charting. Lemon Water is going good, Charting, not so much. Charting is probably going to be a fail for me as I have early rising insomnia & am almost never up at the same time, but we'll see.

If January doesn't work in February I'm doing Dr. Oz's 3 Day Cleanse & quitting caffeine. I'm doing them at the same time since both of them will make me miserable.

Anyone else doing new stuff?
January 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Super Mommy
Iv also just started lemon water .jan .got to say I drink it but its yuk for me .also started on soy d 2 to 6 .meca still . Vit b .frolic I am cutting down on coffee but can't cut it out . Will also use peppermint tea after o . Let's see if I get a bfp adding all this lot in .

I put alam on take my temp write on back of my hand while still in bed and go back to sleep unless my 3 year old is up by then .

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 9th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been researching and wondering what everybody is doing to up their chances, too.

I started drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice (half a lemon am and the other half with dinner) this cycle. I drink it like a shot just the juice. It's not bad like that. I don't like lemon water that much. I chart and noticed my Luteal Phase is short and am now taking 50mg of Vitamin B6 to lengthen my LP.

I am also cutting out caffeine. I only drink 1 cup of Green tea in the morning.

I am trying really hard to eat more healthy and have bought a bunch of veggies and fruit.

And lastly, when it's ovulation time I will try the fresh pineapple core DPO1-5. The pineapple is already here waiting.

DH said that I will stand on one leg, turn counterclockwise and hold my left pinky in the air if I read that it will help conceive after I told him about the lemonjuice. I haven't even told him about the pineapple core. He will probably think I am completely nuts if I do. I will let him think that I am just into fruit right now.
January 9th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Super Mommy
Iv been looking and reading up too . Spend my lazy times of google lol .what can help with ttc.iv heard some good things on the pineapple hun.I'm gonna try the lemon juice like a shot tomorrow . As the lemon in warm water is to much to for me. Its just finding the right mix for what helps and wks .

My dh thinks I'm nuts and obsseive with the teas and vit and herbs !!!! As if lol .he don't seem to get at my age I can do with all the help I can get ! So now not gonna say what the tea is for . Just that I'm cutting back on coffee . Makes life easy that way lol .

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Super Mommy
I've also heard good things about the pineapple core. One person recommended using it in a smoothie (that way you get other good fruits/vegetables too).

I'm thinking about adding Evening Primrose in a couple months to my current supplements (Fish Oil, COQ10 & Multivitamins). I'm actually quite the convert to the supplements as even though they haven't fulfilled their main purpose (BFP), they have kept me from getting sick when everyone else around me was down with the flu.

As soon as I talk about trying some new thing (like the lemon water) my SO just rolls his eyes 'cause he knows its TTC related & he does not want to hear all the details of that (he thinks its weird/overwhelming).
Celine and vickyblueeyes like this.
January 10th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyblueeyes View Post
also started on soy d 2 to 6 .meca still . Vit b .frolic I am cutting down on coffee but can't cut it out . Will also use peppermint tea after o . Let's see if I get a bfp adding all this lot in.
What is meca? Which Vitamin B are you taking? B6? What is the peppermint tea for? I tried to look it up and it said it contains the natural form of Folic acid and other vitamins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyblueeyes View Post
iv heard some good things on the pineapple hun.I'm gonna try the lemon juice like a shot tomorrow . As the lemon in warm water is to much to for me. Its just finding the right mix for what helps and wks .
Have you tried the pineapple core?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
I've also heard good things about the pineapple core. One person recommended using it in a smoothie (that way you get other good fruits/vegetables too).

I'm thinking about adding Evening Primrose in a couple months to my current supplements (Fish Oil, COQ10 & Multivitamins). I'm actually quite the convert to the supplements as even though they haven't fulfilled their main purpose (BFP), they have kept me from getting sick when everyone else around me was down with the flu.

As soon as I talk about trying some new thing (like the lemon water) my SO just rolls his eyes 'cause he knows its TTC related & he does not want to hear all the details of that (he thinks its weird/overwhelming).
Oh I like the pineapple smoothie idea. Any recipe you can share? I agree with you that the good fruits will make us more healthy. I really believe that it will be have a positive effect on fertility.

How are you doing with the fish oil? I tried that a few years ago and couldn't take the smell of it. Plus the pills were humongous.

LOL. I think it's funny how our DHs/SOs roll their eyes at us when we do all the work and are trying so hard. I don't share everything with DH either.

What multivitamins are you all taking? Anybody doing the Geritol? I read Geritol is supposed to be better than the prenatal Vitamins. But I am taking regular prenatals right now.
January 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
The fish oil pills are pretty big, but I haven't had a problem with them. Also I had the "burpless" version and they don't really have a smell attached to them.

I don't have a good smoothie recipe, but I think if you did one of those Green Monster smoothies the pineapple core would blend in.

I'm just taking the Target brand prenatals. I've considered the Geritol pills as people say good things, I just haven't got around to taking them.
January 10th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Super Mommy
I'm on vit b 6 .meca is from a plant its really good for helping hormones and o .iv been using it a few mths..my period has gone dead on 29 days also I used to only bleed for 3 days a med flow then 3 rd day spotting .last mth I went 5 days and it was the kind of period I used to have.looking same this mth too.also my boobs hurt more like they used to .so I'm taking that all as a good thing .I also take ttc vits .if you going for meca get the tablets .as powder tastes yuk. Its a 1000 mg a day .
I read great things on geritol but I can't get that in uk . Iv just started soy which iv read is being used instead of clomid . So I'm giving that a go .I tried vetex for 6 mths it did nothing for me . But we all different .

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 10th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Super Mommy
Ps peppermint tea is also for hormones drink after o till first-day of period

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 12th, 2013, 07:27 PM
How is everybody doing on all those additional supplements? Do you feel different?

I thought the lemon juice might cleanse me or something. But I don't feel different at all (yet?). I am drinking more water but that's all the changes I have noticed so far.
January 13th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Super Mommy
i dont feel any changes yet ,but it may take a few mths to kick in too , like the meca did .

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 13th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Veteran
LEMON JUICE?!?---I can't stand the taste of plain water, and I add 2 tbsp of Pure Lemon to 2 liters of water every dang day---it's been a habit of mine to drink that much as I'm ALWAYS thirsty!!! (and yes, I have been repeatedly tested for diabetes---but always come up negative, so I'm just one hydrated wo-man ) I had NO idea that would make any difference! WOW
January 13th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I tried somehthing new. I BD 6 times in 72 hours around O this month in desperation. It took 14 months and IVF for a BFP with DS and we've been trying for another year this time. Having sex until I couldn't walk was about the only thing I could think of before we start paying a doctor again.
vickyblueeyes likes this.

January 13th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
Well, I tried somehthing new. I BD 6 times in 72 hours around O this month in desperation. It took 14 months and IVF for a BFP with DS and we've been trying for another year this time. Having sex until I couldn't walk was about the only thing I could think of before we start paying a doctor again.
reading your post did make me lol .you go girl ,heres to hoping it helps you get your bfp !!!

i may have to take a leaf out of your book at o time <and get in as much as possable i may just take to my bed for 2 days lol .good luck hun , keep us posted .

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 14th, 2013, 06:27 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Going to the dr in March for a referral to the RE. Yep!! I have given in to medical assistance. But I am only going as far as IUI, anything beyond that then we probably won't get our BFP. Going to be 44 in Sept this year so this BFP needs to come sooner then later

I have been drinking warm fresh lemon water every morning for the last 6 months, but I didn't know it helped with TTC. What is it supposed to do??
katydae88 likes this.

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
January 14th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Super Mommy
lemon juice is a cleanse for inside our bodies meant to be really good when ttc ,im also using lots of pre seed this mth . along with my other vits im taking ,im starting to rattle lol

as for the medical help i dont blame you hun , we all do what we have to do to get our bfp , good luck laura x
LauraTTCat42 and katydae88 like this.

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 15th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Super Mommy
The lemon juice is starting to not be so bad. It actually makes me feel healthy (rather than drinking soda in the a.m.). We'll see what happens.
January 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Super Mommy
I can't take the lemon in water.so shooting it straight.its took a week I can down it now without my eyes watering lol .iv taken soy this mth for the first time d2 to d6 like clomid .I must say I were a moody moo on them .feel ok now I'm not taking them. Fingers x they give me healthy eggs .

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 16th, 2013, 02:04 AM