Opinions needed Pic included X-Posted

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By vickyblueeyes
  • 1 Post By LauraTTCat42
  • 1 Post By Celine
  • 1 Post By vickyblueeyes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I took two OPK's this morning. The Answer OPK was neg and the Clear Blue (not a digital) had a faint blue line.

I held my urine for 4 hrs and 10 mins and took two more OPK's a little before 5:00 pm my time. I thought Iwas getting close to O'ing because yesterday I had a lot of EWCM! I am hoping since I am temping this month, my temp will rise so I will know that I did indeed O!!

Here is the pic:

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing | Photobucket

The Answer OPK had a faint pink line (not sure if you can see it in the pic) and the ClearBlue digi was pos. Which one should I believe?

I haven't ever used the ClearBlue digi so I was wondering how accurate it was for others?

Thanks for any input or advice. I was able to talk my dh into bd lastnight so we bd 2x yesterday
January 15th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Shelz@_@'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use clearblue digi.. sometimes I had false positive due to the dye. but for the part there are right
January 15th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Super Mommy
id say the cb ,i dont use the line ones any more due to the is it isnt it a positve ,im using the smily faces .no face neg smily happy face positive ,they cost a bit more but i use less of them to .

with o tests both lines have to be same colour or the line has to be darker then the control line for a positive o test ,

ff will give you your crosshairs after you o to ,so you will know that you did in deed o,
watch your body and fluid more cm the better ,i dont get a lot of it atm so im using pre seed this mth that seems to be wking really well ,
LauraTTCat42 and Shelz@_@ like this.

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
January 16th, 2013, 02:12 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Stick with the afternoon testing with the OPK's, it takes a while after you wake up for the LH to build up in your urine.

I have never used the CB opk, but if it has a smiley get in as much bd as you can. If possible, try to bd at least once a day until you see the 3 days of thermal shift to confirm O. It might be a bit extra on the bd, but hopefully you will get your bases covered just in case the CB is not being accurate for some reason.

Good luck hun, hope you confirm O soon and catch that eggy!
vickyblueeyes likes this.

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
January 16th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never used an OPK but it looks like a smiley big positive. DTD girl! And good luck!

Is it worth using the OPK in your opinion?
vickyblueeyes likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 06:18 AM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
IMO - yes, it is worth using. Our bodies don't always O on the exact same day, so you have a better chance of timing your bd well. Follow that with charting and you can start to pinpoint your O quite accurately

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
January 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never got any lines if I tested in the afternoon. The last cycle I tested FMU and then again at 6 PM and I got good progressions to a positive and then lighter and lighter everyday after that.

I say if you get a smiley, DTD! I wouldn't miss the opportunity. JMO

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 16th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
Def worth using the o tests . As u can pin point when u are gonna o. As laura has said we don't always o on same day each mth .some times we may not o at all . But the o tests an temping together wk really well. Iv been using o tests for a year on and off .this is my second mth temping.I wished I used both mths back. And I'm hoping for a bfp this time. With o tests tempting and watching for my cm .I now know my body so well lol . So I got to bang it on the head thus mth . And hit the jack pot !!!! .
LauraTTCat42 likes this.

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4