First Appt Yesterday! And competition...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By jeragiz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 11:25 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday was my first PN appt.

We went in, spoke to the doc and she surprised us at the end with an U/S - the baby is big enough that we could use an abdominal US, no need for vaginal! I'm measuring 8w3d, 3 days ahead if you count by LMP or 2 days behind if you count by Ovulation date. Either way, I'm very happy. HB was 170 and we could see it fluttering away and it was good and strong over the speakers. My son did not know we were expecting so when it dawned on him what he was seeing he was super excited.

So today MIL shows up and DS BLABS about the baby. MIL is FURIOUS. Her daughter has been trying for a year now and is also expecting (we think twins) in mid-sept like me! MIL doesn't want her daughter to have to share the spot light.

I have to admit, I'm NOT happy about SIL expecting as well. I don't like her (there I said it). DH and I call her and her husband the moron twins, because they are absolutely clueless about everything. She professes to love kids, but screams and yells at any of her young nieces or nephews for the slightest offense. She nearly passes out when a dirty diaper or puking baby is near her.

I don't know what is wrong with me, I'm just so mad about it. I feel horrible that I feel this way at all. I certainly don't want to be negative about anyone's pregnancy. I guess I'm just being a spoiled baby about it. I'll have to get over it.

Thanks for listening girls! Be well and BFPs to you all!!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
February 9th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Veteran
Hello friend!

Oh--MANY MANY MANY congrats on your baby!!!!! <3

Yay--no more vaginal u/s! GAWD, I hated that fricking wand!! How cool was that for your DS to realize what he was seeing....so sweet

Ok....hope I say this right...I don't think you're being a spoiled baby (there, I said it ). I don't understand those who have kids who constantly are yelling at their other kids or other people's kids---I'm always thinking "don't you see what a gift these children are???" Every mommy and daddy has a bad day (or ten) but some take it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there with the yelling and screeching---and when I hear those type folks want *more*, I'm scratching my head wondering....why...? As for your MIL, well sheesh lady---just enjoy that you'll have another grandchild to love and that since they'll be close in age, maybe they'll be good pals ....just trying to think positive . Forgive me as well---I've had such negative IL DRAMA for years---when my MIL found out and how she found out (LONG story, the relationship between her and DH had been sour for years due to actions of hers from YEARS before I ever met my DH, but of course, that's all still somehow *my* fault ) anywho---she was furious too...babies are definitely to be CELEBRATED IMHO, but there are definitely those who get angry about 'their' spotlight, or those who try to make your pregnancy about themselves. I have to pray extra hard for those folks as it boils down to I didn't get pregnant with my husband in order to make someone else happy....know what I mean...? I hope that didn't come across too snarky.

Last edited by IBelieveInAngels; February 13th, 2013 at 05:51 AM.
February 10th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Shelz@_@
sorry for all the drama hun but glad your doing good... keep the faith this is your time..
February 10th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Super Mommy
Hi sweetie . I'm so happy for you . And ad you and baby are doing just fine . Your post did make me lol about other one being pregnant too . Sod them I say and enjoy your time being pregnant !!!! I will Dec be joining you soon lol . Sending hugs to you . X

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
February 10th, 2013, 11:13 PM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Great news about your baby

You're not wrong with the way you feel. MIL isn't being very fair. She should be just as happy for you!!

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
February 11th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Super Mommy
Glad to hear everything is going well with the baby.

Some people are just like that, but I wish your MIL was being nicer.
February 20th, 2013, 10:15 AM
jeragiz's Avatar Veteran
I agree with the other ladies and also about those wanting or having kids tbat just yell atothers kids or dont care for one they have. I have two cousins due in April when I shld have been delivering and one yells and expect kids to be mini adults while tbe other just doesnt care for her kids one with his father and otber bounces betwen hr mother and aunt just makes no sense to be,sorry probably shld have posted elsewhere but yeah
vickyblueeyes likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search