Update on Me XP Update #7

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Believingforonemore
  • 1 Post By vickyblueeyes
  • 1 Post By Believingforonemore
  • 1 Post By Shelz@_@

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so I went to the dr on Friday (Feb. 8) for my sonohysterogram. The good news is that there is a polyp but it is NOT blocking my cervix so it didn't have to be removed

The not so good news is that it took my dr forever to get into my cervix to do the sonohysterogram. My cervix was closed up tight and did not want to be disturbed!!! He asked me if the other dr who did my HSG had any problems getting the catheter into my cervix and I told him no he did not. He ended up having to use a dilator to get my cervix to open up enough for him to get the catheter in. I bet it took him at least 30 minutes if not more!! My hooha is finally feeling better today I bled and spotted Friday and Saturday but today it seems to be doing ok. Unfortunatley we haven't got in any BD because I have been too sore and I will be Oing some time this week!!!!

He also did an ultrasound because I took Clomid this cycle and he could see a couple of small follies on my right side and none on my left side. I am supposed to go back tomorrow at 11:15 and have another u/s done to see if the follies have got any bigger. I asked him how long he wants us ttc on our own before we move to doing an IUI and he said 3 cycles. He wants to monitor me while I am on the Clomid to see if I am actually Oing. I had mentioned to him last month that I was going to start temping and he basically told me that it was old-fashioned and to just use OPK's but I am still temping so that I can see if I O or not and it DID SHOW that I O'd last month!!!

We found out a few weeks ago that my Progesterone levels are low and they said that Clomid should help with that. So this week when I get a positive OPK, I am supposed to call them and go in next week and get my Progesterone levels checked again and if they are still low, they will put me on Progesterone. I asked my nurse if I could have suppositories since I have heard about the side affects of taking it orally and she said that it is a gel like pill so I could use it either way. She said that if I used it as a suppository that it gets to where it is supposed to be faster but it wouldn't show up in my blood as much as it would if I took it orally.

Sorry this turned out to be so long. I am just slightly frustrated that we have to wait 3 more cycles since we have been trying 16 months now and haven't got pg. I will be 42 in Aug and I am afraid that I am running out of time to have a successful pregnancy!!

Thank you ladies for letting me vent and being there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on

Last edited by katydae88; February 21st, 2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: update
February 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Wow Katy that is good news. No surgery yeah! The dilating of your cervix OUCH. I think I'm hurting a little for you. I do have to wonder why it was closed so tight? It sounds like a dreadful Dr's visit. I know three months sounds like forever and I know exactly how you feel about your age. I'm right there with you. Maybe you need a new project to help you pass the time and take your mind off all of this. I started a new flower garden this month and I really think if I hadn't I would have had a break down this month. It's really helped me to keep busy with something besides TTC. I so hope this is your month!
katydae88 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

February 10th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Super Mommy
Oh hun doctors vist sounds just nasty for you .I'm hoping the clomid works for you .and that you don't have to go on to have any more treatment . I do agree, find your self a project to pass the time .ttc drives us all mad at the best of times let alone with the added stress you are under hun . Good luck .
katydae88 likes this.

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
February 10th, 2013, 11:40 PM
LauraTTCat42's Avatar Proud Host TTC-OM
Sorry about the difficulties with the procedure and the pain caused. Definite YAY that sugery was not required.

Waiting 3 more months does sound like a drag, but taking the Clomid first for a few cycles then going for the IUI sounds like a good plan.

Jun/July2012 - Cycle 11 started charting
February 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went back this morning and had my u/s. It showed that one of the follies is 11 mm and the other one is 14 mm (they are both on the right side, he still didn't see any on the left side). I have had cramps off and on on my right side. I took 1 OPK yesterday and 2 today and they were all negative.

I am supposed to go back Wed at 8:00 am for another u/s. My dr thinks that I will O that day but I am not sure about that. FF says I will O on Valentine's day but I don't know if that is accurate eiher. If I do O this week, I am supposed to go next week and get my Progesterone levels checked again and if they are still low they are going to prescribe Progesterone.
February 11th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Pray, then pray some more
That sounds pretty promising Katy! yeah on the ovulating!
katydae88 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

February 21st, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I meant to come in here sooner and let you all know how everything turned out! I went on Feb 13 and had the other u/s. One follie was 18mm and the other one stayed at 11mm. I had a -opk before we went for my u/s and my dr told me to test again that afternoon and the next morning and if they were still neg then I would have to come in and get a hcg shot to make me O. Well they both ended up being neg so I had to go in on Valentine's Day and get the shot.

I also went to my regular dr that day because I had been sick for over a week and had been taking otc meds for it but I wasn't getting any better. I ended up having a sinus infection and was put on an antibioitic. I finished it on Mon and I am feeling a lot better although I still have a bit of a cough and runny nose. I went and saw the reg dr before I went and got my hcg shot so I asked my nurse if taking my antibiotic would interfere with my O'ing and our bd and she said no it would be ok to take it.

I go tomorrow to get my blood drawn to check my Progesterone levels. I have a feeling that it is still going to be low Every cycle until last month and this month, my nipples would hurt and be super sore after I O'd and then a few days after O my bb's would hurt up until af showed. I still haven't had sore bb's this month and that is why I think my Progesterone is low and that I will have to start taking Progesterone.

Thanks for letting me ramble. GL ladies! I hope we all get our BFP's soon
February 23rd, 2013, 12:22 AM
Shelz@_@
good luck hun rooting for you.
katydae88 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search