we had sme bad news yesterday

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vickyblueeyes
  • 1 Post By 10thtimearound

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Super Mommy
dh and i had some bad news yesterday ,dh health hasnt been to good these last few mths,over the last 2 weeks he startted drinking gallons ! so up to the doctors we went for blood tests,and yep got a call back same day to go back to the doctor.his sugar levels were 27 very high his others were just as high, so dh is diabetic .his been given meds to help get his sugar down and now has to be on a strict diet ,doctor said this could be why we cant get pregnant , im gutted so is he ,it just feels like there always something stoppng us haveing our baby ,i dont know what to do,carry on ttc or just give up !!! well untill his health under control .fels like we had another blow and knock down ,just so fed up girls ,trying to be positive but its so hard to be ,feels like my dream of our baby is slowly slipping away and there nothing i can do about it ,

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
February 15th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Shelz@_@
oh hunnnie Im so sorry nobody wants to here that kind of news.. I dont think you should give up just yet.. did he give a time frame for when you can keep trying? just want to give you a hug hunnie..
February 15th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Pray, then pray some more
I'm sorry perhaps a change of diet and maybe a month or so to get his levels straightened out and you can go back to ttc? You know stranger things have happened. Anything is possible my friend, anything.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

February 15th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Veteran
Oh friend, I'm SO sorry--this is not something either of you needs to be going through!

I'm an eternal optimist...so please don't think I'm trying to patronize you. The first painful reaction would be so "well, that's IT"--but, maybe not...I'm living proof of someone who TWO doctors told a woman she'd "NEVER" have a baby whatsoever---and that case of bad heartburn that wouldn't go away when she was 38 turned out to be me---and that was after my mom had suffered 4 miscarriages. Or I have a very good friend who 5 years ago her husband almost left her as he was 110% convinced she had went out and cheated on him--his 'proof'?---he had a vasectomy a year prior and she wound up pregnant--she denyed with all her heart that she had strayed, but he didn't believe her and he even moved out and she fought the divorce with all her might---and sure enough when the little boy was born, DNA testing proved it WAS her husbands---God just had other plans for them despite her husband having the vasectomy!

These scenarios are different than yours....just trying to show that happy things *can* happen when least expected...
February 16th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Super Mommy
thank you girls for your thoughts and for being there for me. dh and i have talked ,we not giving up just yet on having our baby,we have made some changes to our diets ,eatting healthy foods low fat no sugar, his started his meds and is starting to feel better. im doing it with him so we both being strict with food ,losing some weight may even help me full pregnant. as you girls have said it can happen when we least expect ! may be this is a kick up the bum that was needed ,to make us eat healthy and live a more healthy life ,iv put on 2 stone in 18mths so i def need the weight off lol ,and i know from the past that i full pregnant when im smaller ,dh has put on 6 stone due to another med his been on ,that med has side affects >weight gain and dieabeties wish we had known ,so that med his come of now .even tho what he has is not great i think someone was saying wake up get healthy and you will have your baby, i know sounds mad lol ,but i beleive in my heart thats why ,so we are ttc till our baby gets here .

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
February 17th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Shelz@_@
I agree I joined a gym but its not enough I have built muscle but not lost any weight so hubby is tired of gaining as well and got us an ellipitacial machine yesterday and it kicked my *** today I cant feel my legs my doc even told me if I loose even 5 pound I would have my cycle back to normal.. can I get in time before june I hope so good luck hun really proud of you
February 17th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Pray, then pray some more
Sounds like an awesome plan! When life throws you lemons make lemonade!

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

February 17th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Super Mommy
D you will lose that 5 pounds I know you will .you way too head strong not to .if it hurts it works lol . We can all do this our babies are waiting for us . And lemonade hell yeah hun

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
February 17th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry about your dh but I am so happy that you still have a game plan to get your bfp I seriously think I need to lose weight myself! GL and I hope everything works out for you and your dh
February 17th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Super Mommy
thanks katydae staying positive losing weight and we are still going for it lol
katydae88 likes this.

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
February 25th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Veteran
(((Hug))) I hope you start getting some positive news soon!
Irene Mom to 9 and ttcing #10
Married to my best friend 23 yrs!
5 Girls and 4 Boys

9 First Trimester Angels
Elija 17w Angel
Angel 17w Angel

DS 22(Mar12) DD 20(Jan3) DD 18(July6) DD 11(Oct18) DS 10(May18) DD 8(Jan9)
DS 7(Sept27) DS 5(Sept20) DD 2(June2)
TTCing #10 with unexplained infertility and 1 tube.

My Ovulation Chart
February 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks. 10 life has got to get better .I'm sure it will

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
February 26th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Shelz@_@
how are things holding up vickie with the diet change and hubby hope things are good
February 27th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by divermom View Post
how are things holding up vickie with the diet change and hubby hope things are good
hi hun ,well dh startted dieting a few mths back and his lost 4 stone !! but he is a big guy so its coming of quick .his meds for the diabetis are wking well i think ,the healthy food which is now no sugar ,low fat and salt free is a bit boring lol but we doing it together iv lost weight too i think neally a stone but have a way to go yet ,i want to lose 3 stone .i hadnt realised how big id got till other day 13 stone !!!! im now 12.12 so a few pounds are coming of bit by bit lol .so things are better dh dosent feel ill like he did his feeling and looking so much better , so fingers x our healthy living will pay of for a bfp at some point this year .as well as controlling his diabeties a bit better, we had it doctors the other day and the diabties is a side affect of one the medecation he was on !! would of been nice to know before he took it ,so they now have chanced that med ,and now his lost some weight his chest is a little better to (as you know he has a lung condition) so things im hoping are now startting to look good .hope your ok hun .xx

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
February 28th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Veteran
Wow great news!! Things are looking up
vickyblueeyes likes this.
Irene Mom to 9 and ttcing #10
Married to my best friend 23 yrs!
5 Girls and 4 Boys

9 First Trimester Angels
Elija 17w Angel
Angel 17w Angel

DS 22(Mar12) DD 20(Jan3) DD 18(July6) DD 11(Oct18) DS 10(May18) DD 8(Jan9)
DS 7(Sept27) DS 5(Sept20) DD 2(June2)
TTCing #10 with unexplained infertility and 1 tube.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search