New Intro

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shelz@_@

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Hi there. My name is Stefanie. I am 41 as of January and I have had four consecutive miscarriages since March 12 of 2012. The first two were chemical and the last two were lost at 8 and 9 weeks. This is kind of an odd situation for me because technically we are not "trying" to conceive. After the last loss, which was pretty horrible, DH said he just couldn't do it anymore...which is totally understandable. However, i feel differently. We both want it, but the constant let down and the physical aspect of miscarrying gets to a person. Well, this past week, we DTD unprotected only once and he finished the job...:wink: much to my surprise. As of recent, it has been the pull out method or a condom. So after all was said and done, I looked online at ovulation calculators. I input my info...LMP 2/21 lasting 7 days with 29 days between my miscarriage and my period. BTW 29 day cycles is my norm and after each miscarriage, i returned to normal the very next cycle. So with that being said, all the calculators said my ovulation day should be around March 8....we DTD on March 7. I thought back over that week, and i did have ovulation type pains and ewcm on the 6 and 7 then woke up on the 8th with a lot of ewcm...not semen....sooooo i guess i am in the tww....
I came here because no one really understands the age thing on some of the other boards, although I love them all and all the ladies are awesome. I have been told that my miscarriages are all due to old age.... anyway...thats my story and i hope to hang out here for a bit ...good luck to you all in your ttc journey

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
March 14th, 2013, 06:05 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Stefanie - I remember you from some of the other boards. I'm so sorry you've gone through so much. It's heartbreaking. I too have been told my losses are due to old age. I really hate that. There are so many wonderful stories here and on other boards of women our age that have gone on to have beautiful children, even after multiple losses. Don't lose heart.

Are you on folic acid? My OB put me on a mega pill - almost 2 mg, which is more than double what most women go on - because of my age.

I'm sorry you have to be here - but welcome!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 14th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Pray, then pray some more
Hi Stephanie, I'm 41 also and hoping for a healthy baby. I won't listen to anyone telling me I'm too old. That's a easy excuse in my opinion to not look any further. I'm hoping you caught that eggie! Good luck in your 2ww!

March 14th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Super Mommy
Hi hun. I have seen u from some other boards also. I am so sorry for your loses.I have had 2 loses early on .but it hurts no matter how far along you are. I had a friend years ago who had 22 loses she couldn't carry past 9 to 10 weeks.the doctors ran lots of tests in the end and she lacked a hormone . They pumped her full of it .and she went on to have a healthy baby boy .I'm sorry I can't remember. What hormone it was .but don't lose heart. We all understand how strong that pull is to have a baby even at our ages .I'm 40 in june !! Sometimes doctors take the easy route and cop out with oh its your age .I think that Is crap .don't give up. hang in there hun

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4

Last edited by vickyblueeyes; March 14th, 2013 at 12:28 PM.
March 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Shelz@_@
welcome to the older group i say age smage. lol sorry for your losses I couldnt imagine going throught that over and over again but I do understand what hubby means mine keeps telling me Im a mom and should be happy and not want to start over.. he is doing this for me he does really want anymore but he knows its what I want so..again welcome hun

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search