Doctor vist today...nervous/excited

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
Hi ladies,
Well I go to see my OB/GYN today. Today is also one year exactly since I had my 1st post-partum cycle (LO was almost 18 mos!). So, one year since I thought I could "try" for #2. In that year I've had a whopping FIVE cycles. Blah.

I'm bringing printouts of all my charts to show the dr and see what she says. I'm excited to find out if I can kick-start my fertility again, but also nervous that she might say I'm peri menopausal and forget it.

I have really gotten wound up about this over the last couple of weeks. It's good to come here and read all of your silly comments. You make me laugh!

Please send me "chill out" vibes and keep fingers crossed for me? Thanks!

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
July 9th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Sending you some positive thoughts!

Hopefully your Dr. takes active steps to get your fertility back on track.

KUP and try not to stress too much.

[/URL]Renee
July 9th, 2013, 09:38 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending you lots of positive vibes. Hopefully your Doc will say "Honey you AIN'T perimenopausal, you're in your PRIME! Now go home, shake this rubber chicken while dancing naked by the light of a full moon and DTD!"

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
July 9th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Super Mommy
hope everything goes well with you at the doctors, its hard trying to chill when all you are doing is thinking !!!! and over thinking ,but after I saw my doctor last mth it made me feel positive ,even tho I know im prob not wking right inside ,there are other things the doctors can do for us ,good luck ,sending lots of positive thoughts your way ,

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
July 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks so much everyone! The sermon in church this past Sunday was all about how you can't be super anxious and controlling and simultaneously let God into your life. I'm not an overly religious person but to me that said, "get out of your own way and be ready for what is next, Jennifer!" I do tend to over think everything and be all OCD, and TTC/pregnancy/parenthood are TOTALLY ripe for that, LOL.

So I will work on not "trying and figuring," and work on just "being" instead.

Nov '12
July 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Super Mommy
that sounds about right to me ,I should take a leaf out of your book ,as I over think too lol , and your so right tcc does do that to your head ,

sometimes just being is good hun

sometimes things are just how it is ,

not much we can do about it all apart from staying positive praying and hoping each mth

what will be will be ,

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
July 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Shelz@_@
good luck hun hope things goes well
July 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Love it! Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. I've kinda been on the same journey.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

July 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
So I went into my OB, showed her my charts, and she confirmed I'm not ovulating. Since I took a HPT Sunday and got another BFN, she said we could count that as "CD 1" and prescribed me Clomid to take CD 5-9. Then BD on CD 12, 14, & 16. Then I'll come back on July 26 and they'll do a blood test to "see if it worked." I guess that means check progesterone and maybe HcG?

They also tested my prolactin levels today to see if that's hindering things. I weaned my daughter last October at 20 months but can still hand express a few drops of milk. Sorry,

The weird thing is, she said her nurse asked why I was there, and dr told me she told her nurse, "oh, she's here to get the Clomid I told her she should try months ago." I do NOT remember her saying that! Whatever. She might have suggested it and I misunderstood, or just thought she suggested it. Water under the bridge at this point.

I've heard Clomid can dry you up. I might ask the TTCMA ladies if any of them have used Fertile CM w/ Clomid. Didn't someone on here just get a BFP using Clomid + Fertile CM?

At any rate, woo-hoo for trying Clomid! I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I'm hoping it moves me off center.

Nov '12
July 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you had a great Dr. appt. Yay!!

Hopefully the Clomid does the trick and you ovulate this month. I bought EPO, but I haven't actually tried it. A lot of good it's doing for me. LOL!

[/URL]Renee
July 9th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Super Mommy
good luck with the clomid ,I start next cycle from cd 2 to 6 ,then trigger shot around cd 11/12 hope the clomid wks for us ,im now on cd 21 and wishing tis cycle away so I can start the clomid ,just want to be doing something anything now instead of bfn every mth

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
July 10th, 2013, 12:59 PM
What's a trigger shot? My dr didn't mention anything like that.

Nov '12
July 10th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
A trigger is a shot of HCG. Once you get your trigger it releases all the eggs that have matured. Maybe something to ask your Dr. about.
vickyblueeyes likes this.

[/URL]Renee
July 10th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Shelz@_@
just popping in to see how u are doing..
July 11th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Sorry jumping in here...
I am surprised she didn;t give you provera and then have you start clomid. I have never heard of taking it so late in the cycle and I have been at this on an off for years. Maybe you can ask for more opinions in the TTCMA forum? They would know for sure!
As far as CM, i haven;t used fertile CM but have used mucinex and pressed as well as many of the other ttcma ladies. I don;t relly have CM issues on clomid but I do have lining issues which you have to watch for!
Good luck to you!

Oh and one last thing... Your prolactin level is more likely elevated and causing this. Some women take longer to dry up. I was able to O with clomid when i could still express some milk.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 11th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Sorry jumping in here...
I am surprised she didn;t give you provera and then have you start clomid. I have never heard of taking it so late in the cycle and I have been at this on an off for years. Maybe you can ask for more opinions in the TTCMA forum? They would know for sure!
As far as CM, i haven;t used fertile CM but have used mucinex and pressed as well as many of the other ttcma ladies. I don;t relly have CM issues on clomid but I do have lining issues which you have to watch for!
Good luck to you!

Oh and one last thing... Your prolactin level is more likely elevated and causing this. Some women take longer to dry up. I was able to O with clomid when i could still express some milk.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 11th, 2013, 06:46 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vicky's getting a trigger shot and is going to end up with 5 more kids all at once! Good luck Gwen, I hope the Clomid works!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
July 11th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Huh. Dr didn't mention a trigger shot or Provera. She's wondering if I have trouble building a lining, and said Clomid also helps w/ that. She also said it can help to sustain a pregnancy that otherwise might be harmed by inadequate lining. Huh.

I wonder if she didn't prescribe Provera b/c she wants to do one thing at a time, or b/c I didn't bleed before. Although, she did say yesterday that the fluid observed on u/s could've been a cycle caused by the Provera. She said she didn't do a sonohysterogram in March; just dilated me and took a peek inside because she thought my cervix was stuck closed after the d&c. Huh. Again. That would explain the pain I had "down there" in Jan/Feb, and why I immediately had a bleed after being dilated.

I dunno...so many questions! I just want to do what I can to get my lady bits working again!

Nov '12
July 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Oh yeah - about the prolactin: dr said what I did (just a little squeeze, I thought) was "excessive" stimulation and that can really jack w/ prolactin levels. I didn't know that! I thought it would take something like nursing/pumping to do that. At any rate, she said if yesterday's prolactin comes back elevated they'll just consider that invalid and test again.

Nov '12
July 12th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guenivere View Post
Oh yeah - about the prolactin: dr said what I did (just a little squeeze, I thought) was "excessive" stimulation and that can really jack w/ prolactin levels. I didn't know that! I thought it would take something like nursing/pumping to do that. At any rate, she said if yesterday's prolactin comes back elevated they'll just consider that invalid and test again.
sorry I haven't been on but I was busy making the most of our English summer lol ,mini heat wave !! the infor the ladies have give you is right as far as I know , I also like lucy think its late in the cycle to be starting clomid ,I did look into why doctors ask you to take it at different times ,here is what I read ,the earlier you take it in your cycle its for making more eggs ( so would give you more of a chance that you catch one ) the later you take it is for one good quality egg that matures and releases hopefully,this is only what iv read on line ,google is a good tool

my doctor offered me to take clomid d2 to d6 and bd hoping for the best ,or d2 to d6 oand see him around d11 scan to cheak size of eggs then a trigger shot to make sure the egg or eggs realise .then dh and I bd when doctor tells us prob with in 24 to 36 hrs , I opted for the trigger shot ,as at my age thought it may work out better .

if you are not happy with your doctor go back ask questions also go on to the medical *** board the girls on there have so much insight on going down this root , hope this helps , good luck
Eleanor-Abigail likes this.

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4