GTKY Tuesday Edition

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 3 Post By Eleanor-Abigail
  • 1 Post By Renee360
  • 1 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Are you you organized when you go grocery shopping? Clipping coupons, going with a list? Only buy things on sale? Do you budget for grocery shopping?

[/URL]Renee
July 23rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Yes! Coupons, budget, list. I come home with everything on the list and nothing that isn't. I bargain shop, compare prices and buy bulk if necessary. We shop only once every 3 - 4 weeks and it takes about 3 - 4 hours.

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
July 23rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Leia! I am very unorganized. I go to the store and have no game plan. I go weekly spending typically anywhere from $120-200. We go to Costco once a month and typically spend anywhere from $300 to $600. Depending on the trip we buy just random things. I never have any type of meal plan for the week.
I have this little gadget that you just record your grocery list and when it comes time to grocery shop, you print it out and it organizes it into the different categories. Still have not got in the habit of using the darn thing.

[/URL]Renee
July 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Oooh, I'll have to get that gadget on my phone. We grow almost everything we eat, so our shopping is limited to what we can't grow. I WISH someone would discover a paper towel tree. I tried to grow rice, but we don't have the climate. We butcher our own meat and hunt and fish as well, so our freezer is pretty stocked. We preserve everything that comes out of the garden. I plan as many meals as I can, freeze left overs, make chicken stock from the chicken parts during butcher time and venison stock from venison roasts.

This has nothing to do with organization and everything to do with being CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.

Wife to Big Bull 39

July 23rd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am envious of you. I bet the meat taste so much better then the store bought crap.

I can't coupon since most of the stuff they have for coupons are things we don't eat or use. I use to love watching extreme couponer's and these people stock pile things that they have enough for 5 years but expire within a year or two. Doesn't make all that much sense to me.

I only have the different grocery store apps. But going from from grocery store to another seems way too time consuming. Not too mention my children would drive me nuts. For Real!!!

[/URL]Renee
July 23rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Yeh those extreme couponers don't use all that stuff. Most do it for charity or churches or camps. I used to watch it too, but I got tired of it. Grocery stores around here don't allow more than 1 coupon for the same item here and those stores that those couponers were at caught on quick and put limits to their coupons.

Wife to Big Bull 39

July 23rd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Pray, then pray some more
I go to the store and get what I need and what is on sale usually. I'm not organized at all. I usually shop around once a week so we can have fresh veggies. I am impressed with some of you though wow!

My Ovulation Chart

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

July 23rd, 2013, 04:26 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
I usually to stick to my list but also buy stuff on sale. I also do the "horseshoe" - stick to the outside of the store, focusing on fresh stuff, dairy, etc. and away from the processed stuff.

I got snookered into buying TEN "Honest Teas" last week at the store. W/ the coupon and sale price, getting ten made them $0.17 each! Unfortunately the zero calorie lemonade sweetened w/ Stevia is TERRIBLE. I thought, yay something besides diet soda but it does me no good if I don't like it!

My problem is, I'm vegetarian but DH & DD are not, and I'm a terrible cook. I have zero skills and just don't feel confident in the kitchen. I would love to grow/can/freeze/etc.

My Nana would NEVER make a list! (I make lists for everything!) She had her Lucky's that she'd gone to forever. I went with her one time, and we went (slowly!) down every.single.aisle. She would stop and say, "oh...I think your Papa wanted cookies...what kind did he want...?" At the time it drove me up the wall, but it's a cute memory now.

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
July 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I don't grocery shop hardly ever- DH does on his way home
I HATE the grocery store- everything about it.
I send him a list. I also have groceries delivered sometimes and use Amazon Prime for bulk items.
I do go to Costco about 1/2 the time and send DH 1/2 the time. We buy pretty much the same things every time we are there so I don't organize for that.

I wish I did coupons but I am lazy. I know DH would be fine with it. He saves the ones the stores give him and buys bulk when there is a good sale.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 23rd, 2013, 04:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jennifer we use to have a grocery store Lucky's, not sure if it was part of a chain?
Cute story about the cookies.

I also buy my kids snacks from amazon. I like the subscribe and save. I hate now that you have to wait until you ship date to get any new items. Primes rocks though. It makes me shop more then I would knowing that things ship free and take 2 days.

[/URL]Renee
July 23rd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
Lucky's was a grocery chain in CA...don't know if they're still in business.

One of my goals, once I'm graduated, is to actually plan meals and shop in advance. I have a cookbook I like, "Saving Dinner the Vegetarian Way" that has seasonal recipes, and grocery lists, week by week. I'd like to try some "one Sunday a month" bulk cooking/prep, too.

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
July 23rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Love me some Amazon Prime.

My Ovulation Chart

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

July 23rd, 2013, 07:29 PM
Gwen - we subscribe to Bon Appetite and love it. We aren't great cooks but I do at least one vegetarian meal a week (with all the venison and chicken in the freezer it's hard to get one in) and I really rely on online / recipe books for good ideas.

I grow all my own spices and have learned good spice mixes and have a little tupperware container with pepper/garlic/onion/salt that I use on grilled veggies. A great recipe:

Zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower with the above seasoning and olive oil grilled until tender and served over rice. For the meat eater, add shrimp or steak.

Wife to Big Bull 39

July 23rd, 2013, 10:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Leia you need to help me with meal planning. Most of the meat we eat us beef chicken and lamb. I can not get my boys to eat fish so I stopped buying it. I lied once and told them the salmon was chicken and they kept wondering why it was pink. Ok, so I lie to my children. Thanks to my DH he told the children the truth and they were so shocked that I lied to them.. Busted!

Jennifer I grew up in S. California and Lucky's was around. I can't remember when it stopped being around.

Prime is so worth the annual fee. My state(WA) has always taxed on the items so I didn't get that added benefit. Although legally whatever you buy online that isn't taxed you're suppose to pay when doing your taxes. I'm pretty sure I've never done. My Bad!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search