38yo TTC 3rd child after 4MC

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2013, 06:07 AM
clinester05's Avatar Veteran
Hello all,
I'm new to this particular board, but not new to Just Mommies. I have a healthy 6 year old boy and a healthy 4 year old boy who I did not have any issues with while pregnant. I did, however, suffer miscarriages before each pregnancy and have suffered 2 more over the past year. I'm 37 years old and I know my clock is ticking fast. People think I'm crazy for trying to have 1 more at my age, but I don't care what people think, it's what we want for our family. I have been to a fertility Dr over the past 5 months and nothing at all is coming up as an issue. He ran a bunch of tests on me, did sonograms, chromosonal testing on both of us and nada! The only other suggestion he had for me was to try Clomid. I'm reading mixed reviews on it. I see that most women take it if they suffer from PCOS, but I do not. He seems to think that it will increase my chances of fertilizing multiple eggs and then the bad ones will terminate and hopefully keep the good egg warm and safe. I'm not quite sure what else to do at this point. I've had 4 miscarriages and 2 healthy pregnancies and do not have issues getting pregnant at all. All of my miscarriages happend by the 9th week, so I'm praying something works and I get past the 9th week next time. Any help, suggestions and insight is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

sorry, I'm 38, not 37 :-)
August 1st, 2013, 07:39 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm sorry for your losses. It is never easy. Hop into the boat. So many of us here don't have a problem getting pregnant. It's keeping those precious beans in there long enough that plagues us.

Clomid may help. There are several girls on the board that are having trouble getting pregnant and are on clomid. Hopefully it does the trick.

Have you been to an RE? It sounds like you have. Unfortunately, my fertility/ob docs have told me that my 'unexplained' losses were because of my 'age'. I hate hearing that.

You will find so many suggestions here and on the net. Take them with a grain of salt. We are all struggling, grasping at straws, and are willing to try anything to finally get pregnant and stay pregnant. Soy, no milk, lots of milk, baby aspirin, hanging upside down like a bat, praying and my all time favorite - the naked chicken dance. We've tried them all.

So far the only thing that's worked is luck and of course, the good friends and laughs here on this board. I wish I had something better to offer you.

So welcome, again, and I hope you get pregnant fast and stay pregnant.

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
August 1st, 2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks you lelila! My fingers are crossed and am hoping for some positive news! I am seeing a RE and this is what he suggested. I forgot the name of the test, but my egg quality test came back 0.27 when 1.06 is normal. He said he's seen a lot worse, so I just don't know what to think any more. I had my first two miscarriages at age 30 and 32, so the reason for those is unknown too.

Just out of curiosity...at what point did you all have your miscarriage(s)? All mine occurred on or before the 9 week mark. And how old are you all? This is my only way to deal with it, by hearing others stories. I wish you all the best!!!!
August 1st, 2013, 09:33 AM
Wow, you had your M/Cs young. I had both of mine in the past year. Both after I turned 39. I turn 40 in 6 weeks.

My first one was between 5 and 6 weeks (we think) and the second was at 11 weeks.

I know it sounds morose, but the only way I was able to come to grips with my losses, especially the last one, was to see that other women went through it too.

Wife to Big Bull 39

August 1st, 2013, 12:54 PM
Super Mommy
hello and welcome ,im sorry for your loses it is always hard when you lose a baby no matter how pregnant you are , I lost my last baby 2 yrs ago and no bfp since ,like Leia has said we have all tried everything anything to get pregnant , im now 40 like you im aware of the ticking clock so im now under a doctor ,had lots of tests it turns out iv a blocked right tube but all else is ok , its more a age thing doc has said , so im on first mth of clomid and trigger shot , I have 5 good follicles and did my trigger shot 2 evenings ago , a few of us on this board are taking clomid ,and for me it has done its job as in made my body work , no idea if this Is the mth for a bfp but time will tell , I would give it a try and maybe ask how your hormone levels are and the lining of your womb which are all factors with mc then your doctor can maybe help you with those if there is a problem along side the clomid .

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
August 1st, 2013, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Welcome to TTCOM!

I'm sorry to hear about your losses.

I'm Renee 40 in September. I have 2 boys 7 and 6 yrs old. This is my 5th cycle going onto my 6th cycle. I tried Clomid this month and will try it again next month along with trigger shot.

Jump right in and start posting. We try and be as supportive as we can be.
vickyblueeyes likes this.

[/URL]Renee
August 1st, 2013, 01:18 PM
Shelz@_@
Im sorry hun I know it can be heartbreaking Im sheila I had my first miscarrage at 19. yes I young but all the same it happened I have 3 kids girl 19 boy 17 boy 11 been trying for our 4th for 3 years without any help.. good luck and please do jump right in..
August 1st, 2013, 02:38 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Welcome to the board. I'm Rae, I'm 41 so see you are young compared to me I've very sorry to hear about your losses. It's a fear that just seems to keep you paralyzed.

Have you ever heard of inositol? Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pure Encapsulations Inositol (Powder) 250 gram

It might help with egg quality. https://sites.google.com/site/miscar...chiro-inositol

The other thing I would suggest is maybe trying acupuncture. Just know that whatever happens we'll be here to help you through it. Good luck on this journey.

My Ovulation Chart

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

August 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
Thought I would throw my story in here....
I have 2 sons 15 ad 13, both completely uneventful pregnancies. I then had a miscarriage at 32, about a year later I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism so I kinda assumed the miscarriage was related to that condition. A few years later I started a new relationship and we decided we wanted to have a baby. I became pregnant right away and miscarried around 7 weeks. Thinking it was a fluke we waiting until my beta levels were normal and we tried again, got pregnant and miscarried again. Since that was number 3 I had testing done and everything was normal, so we blamed it on age/bad luck. We tried again, got pregnant and had loss #4. I went to an endocrinologist did a cycle of femara, had the 5th loss. Did another cycle of femara, had loss #6. At that point I decided I was done I didn't want or need any more children. I decided I was happy with the 2 boys I had. I was scheduled to have my yearly exam and planned to discuss tubal ligation on Aug 1, 2012...on July 17th I had a positive pregnancy a week after having what I thought was a period, since that is how most of my losses went I assumed I was having loss #7. I had a few bumps over the next 8 months (SCH, gestational diabetes, etc) but here I am with my sweet 4 month old baby girl Ella--considering trying for 1 more.....GOOD LUCK everyone!!!!
Renee360, Shelz@_@ and lelila like this.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

August 2nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Sandy, thank you so much for your story. It's a breath of fresh air. I can't imagine going through that so many times. But I bet that sweet baby girl makes it so much better. If you decide to try again we'll be here through the ups and downs with you.

My Ovulation Chart

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

August 3rd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Shelz@_@
you have alot of courage sandy I dont know if I could gone and kept going..what a beautiful family u have
August 3rd, 2013, 06:34 AM
Sandy, I'm so glad you stopped by. Your story gave DH and I the courage to keep trying. I'm only 5 weeks along but we keep a little bit of hope alive everyday. I hope you keep posting!

Wife to Big Bull 39

August 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Wow Sandy, I got chills reading your story, what an awesome outcome!!!!!! I give you a lot of credit to keep trying after all of the losses. I thought I had it bad at MC #4, but then I always say to myself, there are so many people out there who have it worse then me. I'm lucky to have 2 beautiful healthy boys and if that is what is in the cards for me, I'm 100000000% happy and lucky to have them. We didn't think it would hurt to keep trying for #3 though. There are so many inspiring stories out there, it's endless. My heart goes out to all of you ladies who are going through this pain. All I can say is keep trying and if it's meant to be, it will happen.

I'm starting Clomid for the first time today. My RE did an ultrasound and bloodwork on me this morning and I will see what comes of all of this in the next few weeks. The thing with egg quality doesn't sit right with me though. I think to myself, how could something improve egg quality? They are what they are, no? It's like how is it possible to rejuvinate an egg? Maybe it's just my stupidity, I don't know much about any of this, but I'm willing to give anything a shot at this point. My clock is ticking and I want another baby in the worst way! Like all of you.... Thanks for listening to me and I am throwing baby dust out to all of you!
August 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see you back Clinester!

Wishing you the best with your upcoming Clomid cycle. Sending you tons of Baby Dust!

Hope you'll continue to post here.

[/URL]Renee
August 19th, 2013, 10:42 AM
I certainly will Renee...thanks so much for the well wishes.
MC#1 12/2005, DS born 1/2007, MC#2 6/2008, DS born 6/2009, MC#3 8/2012, MC#4 3/2012
August 19th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Super Mommy
good luck with clomid cycles. Wishing you a quick bfp

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
August 20th, 2013, 03:16 PM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
I am not sure if anything can really improve egg quality. I think the clomid and femara really work to increases the number of eggs ovulated in order to improve the chances of getting a good egg. All we can really do is try.
good luck ladies!
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

August 21st, 2013, 06:02 PM
I am sorry for your losses. I myself had 15 m/c. I have 3 kids. 2 mc before my 1st 13 yrs daughter then 10 mc after then I had 2 other children 11 months a part 3 and 4 yrs. I did every test and all came back normal. Not knowing that my progesterone levels are normal before pregnancy and as soon as I get pregnant it drops. It took me this year to figure this out . Now I am on 200mg progesterone capsules once a day as soon as I ovulate. I m praying I get pg this month.... And you Are not old. I'm 37 and trying for #4 . Good luck with the clomid.
August 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
FlickyFace sorry to hear about all your losses. I'm glad that they you now know it's your low progesterone levels.

Hope your TTC#4 is an easier journey. Tons of positive vibes.

Feel free to make yourself comfortable here in TTCOM.
vickyblueeyes likes this.

[/URL]Renee
August 23rd, 2013, 01:39 PM
Thank you Renee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search