age and family/friends

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Super Mommy to be
Do you think your family will have anything negative to say about you having a baby at 35 or older? Not that we care what they think right (well maybe a little, we don't want them to hurt our feelings) but just curious what type of reception you think you'll get when you finally break the news. Anyone here just having their first?

What about friends?
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
August 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Pray, then pray some more
I think my family will be excited. I don't know about his family. And honestly as bad as this sounds I don't really care. My friends will think I've lost my ever loving mind. And that's ok lol
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

My Ovulation Chart
August 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
My family would be excited along with our friends. We have quite a friends new and old that recently or are starting their families.

I doubt anyone would have the courage to say anything negative.

[/URL]Renee
August 19th, 2013, 05:12 PM
2ligit2quit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think everyone but 1 of my brother he thinks Im to old and Im not being smart says I could ruin a childs life if he or he has defects for downs.. it so not fair it makes it hard to be excited.
He calms you.
August 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
*Jen*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone would be excited! Only our parents and siblings know we are trying and they are supportive.

August 20th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My parents think I'm nuts. They think bringing a child into this world at any age is tantamount to child abuse. My siblings and I aren't close. Some I haven't spoken to in 15 years. I have a few cousins who will be thrilled and some who will be extremely jealous.

My husband's family will pretend to be excited but will talk behind my back that I'm too old.
New Baby Boy Born March 24. Our second miracle!
August 20th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
I've told my friends & family that we want another child. Got lots of good people praying for me & wishing me baby dust.

We weren't "trying" w/ our DD (2.5 y.o.) but when I announced at the ripe old age of 38 I was met w/ nothing but support. I think a lot of my friends think I'm younger than I actually am, and friends & family had been secretly hoping we'd have kids for a long time. My SIL clucked a bit about my age, but she's a "not smart donkey" (ahem) so I didn't care.

My BFF accidentally "outed" me at our 20th HS reunion (I was 14 weeks & had only told parents) but I was one of THREE ladies pregnant at the reunion w/ our first! One friend's youngest was 9 months old.

And finally...Elizabeth Woodville had her last child at 43...without an epidural...in the 15th century! If anybody throws shade at you for having a child "at your age" throw that little nugget at them!

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12

Last edited by Eleanor-Abigail; August 20th, 2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Oops...I had a naughty word in there!
August 20th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Super Mommy to be
I'll have a lot of snide remarks as its my first ... all in all most people will be happy though..... and yea some will still talk behind my back..

Lelila how old are you? I'm mid 30's and like I said it'll be my first.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
August 21st, 2013, 12:01 AM
Im so tired of people talkin smack about it . its my body my choice just deal with it lol
He calms you.
August 21st, 2013, 04:38 AM
What does it matter really. We will be the ones raising the child.
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

My Ovulation Chart
August 21st, 2013, 08:11 AM
Super Mommy to be
Of course it will be us raising them. It was just a question for conversation purposes. Many ladies talk about the reception they got or predict they will get especially if their 'older' or already have a lot of kids so I just thought I'd ask.
Glorious Ruins
August 21st, 2013, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't mentioned to anyone that were TTC even if people ask if we are done having children. In case we don't get #3 I don't want to have to explain to anyone. I think the more people that know is added stress and pressure. By his is why I come here to talk about TTC.
left_field likes this.

[/URL]Renee
August 21st, 2013, 04:37 PM
No, I know what you mean, it is a good conversation of topic. Has anyone thought of how they might break the news. And what your answer might be when someone says don't you know what causes that?

Rae

My Ovulation Chart
August 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know I'll pretty much blurt it out. I know I won't make any cute announcements. I'm just not that creative.

There will always be naysayers out there so all you can do is do what makes you happy. If you're having a bad day, take it out on that naysayer! I'm inly half kidding

[/URL]Renee
August 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM
I have no idea but Im not telling anyone until I past the danger zone.. at least family anyways,,
He calms you.
August 21st, 2013, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ligit2quit View Post
I have no idea but Im not telling anyone until I past the danger zone.. at least family anyways,,
Like you would hold it back from us!

I think I'll tell everyone here before I even told my DH unless he's home when I test.

[/URL]Renee
August 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Super Mommy to be
LOL, instead of don't you know what causes that we'll get you finally did what causes that because this will be our first! SO I'll get all kinds of oh changed your mind uh? etc....... I'll wait probably until the beginning of the first trimester if not longer....guess it depends how quick you start to show also....
Glorious Ruins
August 22nd, 2013, 12:10 AM
lol ya u guys will know before hubby does lol as well
He calms you.
August 22nd, 2013, 04:37 AM
I figure you all will be the very first to know. I won't be able to keep it from DH very long he's always asking when AF is due. So he'll know soon enough. But he doesn't know I'm a closest obsessive tester.
Renee360 likes this.

Rae

My Ovulation Chart
August 22nd, 2013, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If my DH had a clue how many times I test he would think that I was off my rocker. I have a couple test in our closet in the bathroom. My stash is in our guest bedroom closet. A place DH never has a reason to go into.
2ligit2quit likes this.

[/URL]Renee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search