Eleanor-Abigail

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 05:53 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started watching the White Queen. I have to say, I'm super disappointed. It doesn't follow history at all! They portray Elizabeth as a WITCH! ARGH!

I could write on and on over the history discrepancies, but I'll stop there, turn the channel and watch something that doesn't make my head hurt more.

How did you like it?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
August 25th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
I liked it, but i've read 2 out of the 3 books it's based on, so I sort of know what to expect. Also, Max Irons.

Elizabeth and her mother Jacquetta were suspected of witchcraft and in fact her mother was put on trial for it (BS charges but whatever). Did I mention Max Irons?

The series got panned by the Brits for anachronisms like railings on stairs and drain pipes in the background. I didn't notice that, because Max Irons.

Somebody got stabbed in last night's ep who actually lived out a long life. Eh, The Tudors also had Henry FitzRoy dying as a toddler instead of a young man. It's fiction. Also, Max Irons.

Seriously though, I'm sorry you don't like it! I think people who haven't read or didn't like the books aren't impressed by it.

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
August 25th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Super Mommy
its been on in the uk for a few weeks now ,its a good story , but was to slow for me so didn't watch past the first one , I think I will get the books tho , as I love reading and the books are normally better ,

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
August 26th, 2013, 06:58 AM
So, I guess you're watching it for its "women in history" theme eh?

I didn't know either of them were suspected of witchcraft, or maybe I did and forgot. You do now that Max Irons is a kid right? Well, ok, maybe not a kid, but he's WAY too young for any of us. Now his Dad, He's more my speed.

Wife to Big Bull 40

August 26th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
What are the books called? White Witch? We got rid of our cable so I can't watch it unless of course the episodes are available through Amazon.

[/URL]Renee
August 26th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I always wondered if they wrote those books using the same style as the "White King" books. Remember that book?

Wife to Big Bull 40

August 26th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
I had not heard of a book called The White King. I will check that out!
Renee, the books the miniseries is based on are The White Queen (Elizabeth Woodville) The Red Queen (Margaret Beaufort), and The Kingmaker's Daughter (Anne Neville). Other books by Philippa Gregory about the Wars of the Roses are Lady of the Rivers (about Jacquetta of Luxenbourg Elizabeth's mother) and The White Princess (about Elizabeth of York, Edward IV & Elizabeth Woodville's daughter).

Yes, Max Irons is quite young - and beautiful! I think it's the doublets & boots that got me. DH and I have watched "Red Riding Hood" and "The Host" in the past year, and I didn't give him a second thought in those movies.

It's funny how the "hunks" change for us over the years. Mel Gibson was dubbed "Sexiest Man Alive" when I was drooling over boys in Tiger Beat so I didn't understand the appeal. Then I saw "Mutiny on the Bounty" years later and I was all, "he-llooo there!" (Now I think he's he's a wrinkled crazy anti-Semite, but that's neither here nor there.)

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
August 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Shelz@_@
I saw that on tv looks interesting..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search