February Roll Call

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree71Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Leia go medicated. There is no way I would feel more empowered if I went natural..BLAH! Needles are the worse, but as long as I don't see it, I'm fine.

Go with whatever name that you and DH can agree on. Are we talking First and middle the same First and Last name of this past KKK leader?

You are now 2 days away from 36 weeks. Your pregnancy is going by so fast.

Renee
February 28th, 2014, 09:58 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just kidding on the KKK thing. His name is Nathaniel Bedford Forrest and I don't like any of those names, so I wouldn't use them. I like Jameson, but DH says if we name him that, everyone will know I was a drunk in college.

I know, 36 weeks, can you believe it? I haven't done a thing either - no nesting at all. I've done more cleaning in the chicken coop. I need to get my butt in gear.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
February 28th, 2014, 11:53 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL on the kkk name thing. haha

We already have names picked out. DH was commited on talking about it. A boy is named after his dad and mine.... Lawrence James (LJ for short) and for a girl Ciana Pearl (Ciana is Irish/Italian which I have strong Irish ancestry and DH has Italian and Pearl was my Bigma's name.)

February 28th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelila View Post
Lots of new starts! Renee, how are you feeling?
Katy, how are you feeling after those shots?
Anyone hear from Vicky lately?
I am still not feeling the greatest....coming down with a cold or virus or something sore throat, sinus drainage and headache. I didn't sleep too well last night. The methotrexate has a lot of side effects to it and liver damage is one of them. One of the nurse's from my OB's office called and told me that my liver function is good (they did blood work on Wed). I am relieved to know that!!

She also told me that my HCG was 20 so I am hoping that when I go back on Monday that they are even lower than that!! I forgot to ask the OB Wed when I was there how long we would have to wait to ttc so I will definitely do that when I go on Monday!! I am still getting sick to my stomach from the Methotrexate it doesn't matter if I eat or don't eat, I still get sick. One good thing is that today my boobs are not as sore as they have been the rest of the week. It is really depressing to still be having pg symptoms and not be pg anymore. I am hoping that it doesn't take too long for my body to regulate now and I O soon and get one cycle out of the way so that I can be that much closer to ttc again!!!!

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by katydae88; February 28th, 2014 at 06:17 PM. Reason: fixed a spelling error
February 28th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Pray, then pray some more
I hope so too Katy, it's depressing as hell really.
katydae88 likes this.

February 28th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Katy I'm sorry you are going through this. Praying your HCG numbers going down and your able to start TTC when you're ready too.

OK I still haven't got any packing done. Right when DH got home we put on Breaking Bad. We are on episode 13, actually we are on 14. We are trying to finish the series. Personally I'm so tired from waking up at 5.

Renee
March 1st, 2014, 08:42 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Katy, hang in there. It sucks, I watched my sister go through it twice and she was miserable. It will eventually get better and before you know it you'll be ttc, again. What I am saying probably doesn't help you much right now, I know. As far as your HCG goes, when I had my m/c, I read about how the body metabolizes the HCG hormone. It has a 24-36 hr half-life. So, basically every 24-36 hours your body is rid of the HCG by half of what is circulating. With a number of 20, you are looking at a little over a week, give or take, for your body to be rid of it altogether. But, you should be less than 5 (what is considered negative for preg) by 3-5 days. Hang in there, Katy!

Pam--I'm trying to add my BBT to my signature, and I noticed yours...we are both on CD 4...I guess we'll be cycle buddies, lol!

Leia--I like Jameson! Although, it could describe my college years as well! Isn't your shower this weekend? Have fun and enjoy
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 1st, 2014, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Leia is your Shower this weekend? I'll stalk your FB page for pictures.

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Renee
March 1st, 2014, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Paula, thank you for the encouraging words I am really hoping when I get my bw done on Monday that my HCG is down to 5!! From what I have read you need to wait until your HCG is that low before you start taking folic acid; the methotrexate depletes all of the folic acid in your body and that is why you have to wait at least 3 cycles to ttc because you have to build up the folic acid in your body.

It is just depressing to me that we have to wait so long; my DH turned 47 on Feb 25 and I will turn 43 in Aug. It took us a little over 2 yrs to get this pregnancy and I really hope it doesn't take us another 2 yrs to get pregnant again...my DH already sometimes says that he doesn't think he can physically handle having a LO He has diabetes (which makes him feel awful sometimes), high blood pressure and just general aches and pain.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search