Need Your Thoughts Ladies

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so af showed up full force on Wed Feb 5 and my temp was 99.0 that morning well CD2 my temp was once again 99.0. I didn't take it on CD3 because I had a really restless night and didn't think it would be accurate. On CD4 it was 98.7 and today (CD5) it was 98.9. These are not normal pre O temps for me. They usually range from 98.1- 98.4 with an occasional 98.5 or 98.6. Most of the time on CD2 it drops significantly and this month it hasn't.

I know that I am not pregnant because I have had a couple of days of really heavy flow and several clots. I haven't taken my Progesterone since last Tuesday but I am wondering if my hormones are out of whack. Last year when I took Clomid in Feb and I was being monitored they checked my Progesterone after I O'd and they found that it was a little low so since then starting 2DPO I am to take Progesterone until af starts.

Do you ladies think that I am getting ready to go through menopause and that is why my temps are staying high? I don't have the money right now to go to the dr and get blood work done. I would really like to have my CD3 blood work done so I could get the results and see how everything is and if I am still producing viable eggs.

My other concern is the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy (though it is probably not likely) but the Friday before af showed, I kept having sharp stabbing pains in my left ovary. They would last for about 30 seconds and go away but it did that all day from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (I know this because I put in my notes on FF for that day). Usually when I have af my ovaries will hurt on both sides and this month they have not done that. I am also worried about my bleeding usually I bleed heavily the first 2 days and then it will slack off and go from spotting to a light flow but this month I am bleeding a lot more without the usual stop/start that drives me crazy

I would love to hear your opinions/thoughts as to what you think might be going on and what you think I should do. I need to get my yearly exam (pap) done and it doesn't cost us anything for that so I might see if my DH will let me get some CD3 blood work done because I doubt if it costs that much to do it!! Thanks for reading and sorry for the novel

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by katydae88; February 9th, 2014 at 03:13 PM.
February 9th, 2014, 03:48 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I don't think you are ramping up to Menopause. Hormones can get out of whack for sure, but usually, they decrease in levels as you get older, so chances are you have less progesterone during LP, so your temps would be lower than normal.

Sudden fluctuation in hormones during menopause would also cause hot flashes, mood swings, headaches, muscle aches, IBS, etc. I went through all of these symptoms and more about 7 years ago due to illness, so your body can simulate menopause without actually being there.

That being said, are you on clomid now? That can cause all sorts of craziness in your hormones. Have you had trauma to your body?

Lastly, most women do not show signs of ectopic pregnancy for several weeks and most aren't diagnosed until around 6 weeks or later - usually through U/S or because of heavy bleeding and abdominal pain that does not go away. The pain starts off mild and increases until it is unbearable. Ectopic pregnancies cause heavy bleeding and pain from a rupture in the Fallopian tube. The pain doesn't subside and after 24 - 48 hours, you start to get a pain in your right shoulder from blood that does not exit the body. Don't ask me how the pain goes to the right shoulder, but that's what every medical journal says and my OB told me the same thing when I asked her.

So if this is just AF and it's not following the usual schedule / routine, it doesn't hurt to look at diet, exercise, schedule, etc to see if there have been any changes that could affect your cycle.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
February 9th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Leia for responding No I am not on Clomid now as a matter of fact I only took it that one cycle last year in Feb. I haven't had any trauma and I haven't had a change in diet, schedule, etc. I haven't really had that much pain from cramps like I normally do. I haven't changed how many blankets I sleep with or what I wear to bed. I am at a loss as to what is going on!!

My Ovulation Chart
February 9th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Could be just a wonky cycle. I'm with Leia.

February 9th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies You are both probably right and it is just a wonky cycle. I just hope that I can tell when I O because normally I O around CD1o but it might be delayed this month since I am bleeding longer/more than I normally do

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search