March Roll Call!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree58Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2014, 05:30 PM
Pray, then pray some more
I'll probably stop my progesterone tomorrow since I can't get a bfp. It worked good at keeping the spotting away though.

March 22nd, 2014, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Rae your LP is usually 15/16 days and you're only going to be 12DPO. Maybe take it at least for a few more days?? What kind of HPT's have you been testing with?

DH has been a Busy Beaver all day long. Me, I've only tackled the mounting laundry.

[/URL]Renee
March 22nd, 2014, 07:27 PM
FRER and wondfo and another cheapie. So far some bad evaps but mainly bfn's. I don't want the progesterone to just prolong AF I figured it needed about three days to get out of my system. Perhaps I'll stop it on 13dpo if I test - on 14 dpo then I won't take any that night. We'll see what happens with my cycle this month. Hopefully it won't be too wonky.

My cervix are closed up tighter than Fort Knox. So the progesterone is doing it's job.

March 23rd, 2014, 05:40 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Late last night I thought AF was starting and even ran to the bathroom with a pad ready. But there was nothing. Just alot of cm. Early early saturday morning I had the pin sized drop of blood and the day before that had cramping and watery cm. Still alot of cm this morning.

But looking at my charts... I seem to have a temp drop, then spike before AF so the temp hike could be nothing. But all my other temps this month havent been that high and level compared to the other months. So i dont know. I prepared myself that AF was coming then this. Is it my body giving me one last kick of hope before it crashes it with AF tomorrow?? We will see.

I read that implanting late means a higher rate of miscarriage. With my age, it's already high to begin with. If I am pregnant, will I have to worry about that? sigh

*When I wake up more I'll read everyones posts and catch up. Had to go to a family funeral. A cousins on DH side's daughter OD'd and passed away in her sleep. I didnt do well at all being a bereaved parent myself. Brought flashbacks.

Last edited by ctymom; March 23rd, 2014 at 05:43 AM.
March 23rd, 2014, 05:56 AM
Just found this on Justmommies site.... Implantation Bleeding Statistics

March 23rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
Well ladies, I'm out, bfn this morning. I think I'll go ahead and stop the progesterone. I want to start by Friday so I have have my scan done by the weekend.

March 23rd, 2014, 08:23 AM
Why do you think you're out? Alot of people dont get their bfp until after 12dpo. Your temps are still up. When is AF due?

March 23rd, 2014, 08:32 AM
Update, I've also had some spotting this morning so no baby.

March 23rd, 2014, 09:28 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Rae--So sorry! I just knew deep down to my core that you were going to get a BFP this month! Perhaps this first round of the Femara will just get your body warmed up for the next month to be successful. Hang in there, friend!

Pam--I'm so very sorry about DH's cousin's daughter. That must have been very painful for you, I can't imagine how difficult that service was for you and everyone there. Sending you thoughts and prayers your way.
As for the implantation spotting and risk of m/c, let's face it we are all at a higher risk of m/c--our eggs are scrambled and are doing the best they can to keep holding things together. I believe that when I got my BFP and worried, that some very wise women told me on this very board, to simply take it one step at a time...so, for now, I'm hoping that it is implantation bleeding and not an early visit from AF. Keep us posted! I would tell you not to obsess over it, but I know I'd be wasting my breath, lol

Renee--your post cracked me up! I'm not a doctor--I'm a nurse anesthetist. But, I have become best friends to A LOT of laboring pregnant women right after I put in their epidural...funny how that works I didn't ask the gal how old her kids were, I only knew that it was like her 3rd or 4th kid. But, still, 46 years old!!! Wow!

Sherry--well, the beauty of not temping is that you don't obsess over it! Looking forward to your update next week

Leia--I was just thinking about you yesterday when I was in L&D...did you ever figure out how to deal with the MIL? I know it has been brought up before, but you might want to think about having the nurses run interference for you if it becomes a problem. They will have no problem telling her how to "let you and the baby rest" and to come back later. OB nurses don't play around!

AFM--I'm unofficially throwing in the towel for this cycle. I know, I know, it isn't over till AF shows up, but I have really no significant symptoms that give me any hope to being pregnant. I got another BFN this morning. So tonight, I'll quit using the progesterone suppositories. That's the deal I have with my OB--I use them from when I ovulate until I'm supposed to get AF. If I get a BFN, then I quit using them until the next go around. So, rather than try and avoid the inevitable, I'm out! It's a shame, too, because I really was digging my chart this month, lol! I had an awesome drop that looked like it could've been implantation...but, now I've got nothing to show for it! Oh well, sigh, what's a girl gonna do...I think I'll just move on to the next go around. So, this is me moving on....
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 23rd, 2014, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Rae not sure what that stupid spotting means since you're on progesterone. I get why you would want to stop taking it to bring on AF. I know when I think I'm out all I want is AF to start so Incan get a new cycle started. I still like what your temps are doing.

Pamela it's great to see your temp rise, but why the open circle? Sorry you had such an emotional day.

I would love nothing more then to have a very lazy day in bed. Must get up and get ready.

[/URL]Renee
March 23rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
It's open b/c of the time I took the temp. I didnt get home from the wake and in bed until 1am then I woke up at 6:15am. I usually temp around 5:30am. Either way... I woke up feeling warm and I was kicking off the covers so I noticed my temp was higher than normal. i would just think it's my body gearing up for AF if I didnt have that spot of blood the other morning and the O like cramping before that along with the very watery cm. So we'll see in the morning. i did start to walk to the bathroom to test and then I talked myself out of it. LOL

March 23rd, 2014, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Paula I would of still fell in love with you if you had anything to do with taking away pain! Seriously your chart looks amazing and you had one heck of a BD'd Marathon. I would of love my chances this month if I had your chart and I had a BDing Marathon.

Our eggs need some new life restored in them.

Pamela it's definitely a temp rise. I've woken up completely hot and sweaty and had really low temps. FX'd that AF stays away and you get you BFP.Do you have the day off? Maybe go plan something nice for yourself and invite DH along. If he doesn't want to go, go by yourself! Hugs!!

[/URL]Renee
March 23rd, 2014, 09:51 AM
Paula, we're moving on together. Love you girl!

Pam, digging the temp rise!
Posgo001 and ctymom like this.

March 23rd, 2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks.... I'm just going to wait and see if AF shows in the morning. If not, I'll test then. We have today off and chilling at home. That's all I seriously want to do is do absolutely nothing. We are always on the go. So much that our neighbors have mowed our grass for us! On both sides of us they help us out. So I'm perfectly happy with a do nothing day and maybe crochet and play call of duty ghosts. LOL Talked to Dh this morning about my recovery issues and he apologized and removed the video from his facebook. I showed him my photos of me severly anorexic and he sees for me, it's not joke. I'm not some little highschooler only eating salad b/c omg, i'm so fat sorta thing thinking it's cool. Hopefully it's real.

I just saw you are 8dpo... my FX'd big time for you!!

March 23rd, 2014, 03:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ladies sorry I haven't been around much. I am sad to say that all the things I was talking about doing still haven't been realized...I just can't seem to get motivated to do them I am not sure if it is because I am depressed over my m/c or if it is from the bcp. I seriously hate taking them I have had no sex drive whatsoever; we have only had sex one time this month, my face is broke out with pimples like I have not had in a looonnnngggg time, I can't sleep very long at night because I wake up sick to my stomach and I am afraid they are going to mess my body up

I have had bleeding for the past 3 days but it has only been spotting/light flow and including today I just have 4 pills left to take. I am thinking about just talking to DH about using spermicide or something for bc instead of taking those awful pills. They make me feel worse than I did when I was actually pg!!! I also know that with the pills you don't have a real af just withdrawal bleeding. I want to be O'ing the next few months so that my body can get rid of any of the eggs that might have been affected by the shot I had before we decide to start ttc again.

I don't know how long it will take my body to regulate from my m/c since it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet since my HCG levels went back to normal. I normally O'd around CD10 or CD11 but occasionally it was later than that (CD12-14) As crazy as it sounds I miss temping and not knowing what is going on with my body and my cycle I think that if I started temping again I would have a pretty good idea of when I was going to O (and of course if we used spermicide or something that would help too) and keep from getting pregnant.

My OB told me that being on the bcp would help to regulate my body faster than doing it on its own...which at that time I was sooo tired of spotting/bleeding that I was all for taking them (and it did make me quit for a little bit) BUT now I am ready to have a real af and get my cycles back!!! He also said that they would make me more fertile after taking them for 6 months BUT I have read so many stories on this forum about the pills messing women's cycles up and them not O'ing for even up to a year!!! I don't want to take the chance of that happening to me...I am just hoping that one month didn't mess me up too much I am not getting any younger and I REALLY don't want to wait another 2 yrs for another BFP

Sorry ladies for the long vent...I just needed to get it off of my chest. I know that all of you know what I am talking about and can relate (maybe not necessarily with the m/c but to some of my other fears) to what I am going through. Sorry if some of this was rambly and didn't make much sense but in a nutshell: I am sad, depressed, and missing my sex drive!!!!

My Ovulation Chart
March 23rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
Pam, I'm glad you were able to make DH see. Sometimes men can be the biggest jerks. It's like they think all women make stuff up just to control them. Katy, vent away. I'm so sorry you're having to wait so long to TTC. That would kill me at my age. Time is just too precious. I'm beginning to think it's never going to happen for me again either. I think I might skip the b/c also and just use other protection for a couple more months. Dr's only know what their books tell them. I'm praying that this time flies by for you here.
katydae88 likes this.

March 23rd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Pam--I hope you were able to stay at home and do nothing...I call those PJ days, because I usually shower and put on another pair of PJs--call me lazy, it's okay, I'll own it I can't wait to see how the test turns out tomorrow, you have some pretty interesting things happening on your chart!

Katy--this is definitely the place to vent, friend! We can all relate to the time crunch you are on to ttc, that's for sure. It already stinks that you have to wait so long, but to miserable on the BCPs just isn't fair. I wouldn't blame you for taking yourself off of them...temping & other means of protection can be just as effective as preventing pregnancy. Statistics of the success of methods other than BCPs are so skewed. It all depends on how reliable you really are when using them. I can tell you that I know plenty of devout Catholics that do temping and natural family planning--and only have the number of kids that they wanted! If I were having the horrible side effects that you are having, I would take myself off of them in a skinny minute!

Okay, now that Rae & I have thrown in the towel, it's left up to either Renee, Pam, or Sherry to bring home the BFP for the group

BTW--Am I the only one that gets in to March Madness? I absolutely LOVE college basketball! So happy my team won this weekend and are heading in to the sweet 16...Go Cats Go!!!
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 23rd, 2014, 07:05 PM
katy.... I'm sorry you're going through all that. I don't even know what to say b/c I have a hard time with doctors in general and trust them. I'm sure you feel you're between a rock and a hard place. I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. I wish I had some sort of advice or answers. *hugs*

Paula... I'm not sure why you feel you are out. Not until AF shows her ugly head anyway.

I had a day full of absolutely nada!! I even took a couple naps. LOL But dangit I still feel tired. Now watching my Walking Dead and then off to sleep again. Then hopefully Monday does start with AF b/c monday's stink enough on their own! lol

March 23rd, 2014, 07:05 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yay! I finally figured out my typing problem- the a/A box on the right was clicked "on". I'm sooo happy to be able to post normally again, lol.
Pam- good luck tomorrow, hun! I'll be checking for an update on my lunch break tomorrow
Rae, Paula- I'm sorry :/ here's to a new cycle, new start
Katy- its ok to vent here, that's what we're here for. If u are miserable & want to try something besides bcp, then maybe u should. *hugs*
Renee- we're 2ww buddies, lol & at about the same place, too. When are u testing?

I'm thinking about Wed am. And getting a 2-pack, so I can test again Fri morning. I should def know either way by then. I'm getting married April 5. What a nice surprise that would be to top it all off

Paula, no...no March Madness for me! My fiance has been watching somewhat. I'm more of a football girl. Baseball too, but mostly football. I've been watching football histories from the 70's and of the Steelers allll day, lol. We also record " A Football Life"...love them!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

Last edited by berrygirll; March 23rd, 2014 at 07:07 PM.
March 24th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Well... still no AF this morning. I feel like it could start so maybe it will tomorrow. I'm 15dpo today. My luteal phase averages 12-13 the past 4 cycles. I took a dollar store hpt and after 30 seconds i didnt see a line and threw it away. Have to wait another day I guess and see if AF shows tomorrow. I feel like she's going to start. Unless it's going to different this cycles from my whole life and start during the day. Which has NEVER happened for me. Usually before AF starts... I want to eat everything. I can barely eat anything. And I'm so bloated this morning.

I DONT GET IT.....ugh... I hate this waiting stuff...sigh

I told DH we may take a month off of TTC but mostly b/c I dont think I want to have a Christmas baby. Every Christmas baby I've met hasn't liked it. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search