March Roll Call!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree58Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Pray, then pray some more
Sherry Congratulations on getting married! I hope it goes smoothly!

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 24th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Pam--I know you aren't going to believe me...but I am a Christmas baby! I was born on the 25th many years ago. My Mom wasn't due with me until February...she started having pains after the big family Christmas lunch/dinner and they all told her it was just gas, lol...low and behold I was born at 4:27pm. Funny thing is my papa was also a Christmas baby. Maybe it's because my family had it figured out long before I came along, but I have NEVER hated having a birthday on Christmas. It was great & still is...NOBODY forgets my birthday in my family . I am the only cousin that still gets something for their birthday from all the aunts & uncles...not bad for being 42, lol! It's all how you approach it. Besides, you could be like my mom and think you are going to have a baby in January or February and end up at the hospital on Christmas! I don't blame you if you take a break from ttc just to regroup...but, I have a sneaking suspicion that you won't be able to stop yourself...you want this too bad and you are in it to win it, as they say

Sherry--that would be an awesome wedding present....baby dust!!!
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 24th, 2014, 06:37 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I can see that no one forgets your birthday b/c I'm horrible at remembering and yet I always remember my nieces birthday Jan 4th because it's so close to Christmas. If I'm pregnant now, my due date will be november 30th so hopefully I dont have to do this another cycle and this will be a Thanksgiving baby. lol

March 24th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Sherry that is so exciting!! April 5th is right around the corner. I'm trying to hold out and test on Friday, but will start probably on Thursday.

Katy I am sorry you are going through all this. It's a never ending emotional roller coaster that just doesn't stop. Those projects will be there when you decide to do them.
Could you just temp and use OPK's just so you can avoid pregnancy, but know your pattern and cycle when you actively TTC?

Rae how are you? I'm hoping for all the success next cycle. You will have the progesterone at the the start of being past ovulation.

Pamela glad you were able to have a relaxing Sunday and hopefully AF will stay away. Baby Dust!!

Paula haven't looked at your chart yet. If you really have decided to throw in the towel this cycle then all the success the next cycle!

I have an actual purpose of cleaning up my house. Over the weekend there was a major mudslide about 40 miles from where I live. It's time to donate stuff to the victims.
DH is home today since he has a Dr appt with his Cardiologist. I think they are going to end up deciding he needs an additional lead to his pacemaker. Blah! He could also get his meds uped, but I doubt it since they've gone that route before.

[/URL]Renee
March 24th, 2014, 09:13 AM
I did a calculator to see when is the best time to test. It shows that tomorrow is my expected AF so let's hope the witch stays away tomorrow. That's if I got with a 27 day cycle which is listed as my average. Since taking out the IUD my cycles have been 29, 25, 27 and then we will see this month. But what I dont get is that my Luteal phase has been 13, 12, 13. I'm on 15dpo. I dont understand how all that works.

March 24th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Creative Ones help me! Each classroom is doing a basket or artwork for our schools auction. What type of themes can you think of? This years parents haven't been as giving so most likely I'll be the one getting the giifts to put in the baskets..Yay Me. The teacher is leaning towards a Summer theme, but she's willing to give me free reign on it.

As for DH he is now being refered to an Electropychisist and I'm sure I got that totally wrong. I grabbed one of the Dr's cards but it just had initials. Most likely he will be doing an aberration and again I may have gotten that word wrong. DH also has to have more salt intake, but he's already been following that an it hasn't helped with his dizziness. Yes I'm just a little jealous DH gets to have as much salt as he likes. I love salty foods more than sweets.

Still not interested in testing yet which surprises me. My temps have been looking a little wonky. I also don't feel like there is a chance in hell that we caught my elusive egg. Plus it's not really good to hold out for man. DH went from Tuesday until finally Saturday without any release, stupidest delayed ejaculation.

Pamela I've got all my digits crossed you negative HPT turns positive soon!

[/URL]Renee
March 24th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Well, I'm officially out now...AF just popped in for a visit. I can't help but wonder if the left tube is open since my TR, or whether its scarred over or not. I'm certain I ovulated on the left this month, and with our BD marathon, it seems like his sperm would've had to have been blind to have missed my egg, lol. Oh well, what else can I do but get ready for the next cycle. Again, I'm not really sad...slightly disappointed, but not sad. It will happen when it is supposed to...soooo, I'm officially on to the next round

Pam--your cycle is KILLING me!....I am keeping everything crossed for you and keeping you in my prayers, girl!

Renee--so your husband is going to see an Electrophysicist and will likely have an ablation . I wonder if he will need to stay on the beta blocker after they "zap" his rhythm...I'm thinking he probably will have to stay on it, but I am hoping for you that he won't. I still have a lot of hope for you this month...looking forward to you testing soon!
As far as the gift basket, I am probably the last person that would be of any help, sorry!

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 24th, 2014, 03:44 PM
well....everyone can rest.... AF just showed. I dont start at night but yet...here I am.... starting at night. sigh ;( All those freagin symptoms. I wasn't making up how bad my BB's were hurting. This cycle was a huge teaser that seriously had my hopes up. I give up. Having wine when I get home and lots of it. The IUD has screwed things up with my cycles. DH said why dont I take a break from all the charting b/c how much it's upsetting me but time isnt on my side.Really feeling heartbroken right now

I'm not going to start temping again until Sunday. Take this week off.

What about green tea. Anyone do that? And what's the baby asprin for that I've read about?

Last edited by ctymom; March 24th, 2014 at 03:57 PM.
March 24th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Paula DH has really low blood pressure and every so often he gets rapid heart rate. His Dr wants his rest blood pressure at 130-140 and it's 110, but when he stands up it will drop to 96. He 's had his blood pressure down in the 60's before from an allergic reaction to some antibiotic-Keflex. Most likely once he has the procedure he will get less dizzy episodes or so that's the outcome their hoping for. He also hates the new medication. He is was so dopey when he woke up this morning.

Pamela are you actually going to not TTC this coming cycle? You could end up having the baby on New Year's Eve? Wouldn't that be an awesome way to ring in the New Year's? I actually contemplated waiting out my Aug cycle because I was on the exact schedule of when I got pregnant with my youngest. I ended up trying and not conceiving.

[/URL]Renee
March 24th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctymom View Post
What about green tea. Anyone do that? And what's the baby asprin for that I've read about?
I haven't tried green tea so no help there. Baby aspirin helps build up the lining of your uterus (to make it thicker and fluffier) and I also think it is supposed to help with implantation as well.

My Ovulation Chart
March 24th, 2014, 05:40 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Pam :/I know it's early but I feel like I'm gonna be out too. Feelin very emotional & have that "wanna cry" feeling. Don't know if it's justified or hormonal (I get a day like that around a week or so before af).Long day at work, getting less hours (= less $$), him venting about his day at home & his ex...I just want him to go to work tonight, the kids to go to bed & me to have the cry I feel comin on.I hate this!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

March 24th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Renee... I'm taking the week off from temp/charting and start back up sunday. We are going to try the green tea and me the baby asprin and giving sperm meets egg plan. IF DH can handle that. But I just want to not worry about temping for a few days.

Kaydae.... thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try both. Can't hurt right?

Sherry.... hopefully not but I understand. I've felt like crying the past couple of days but I'm also dealing with a bunch of stuff. I'm with ya though... I hate this too! surprise pregnancies are MUCH easier!

March 24th, 2014, 07:36 PM
ladies I still have to wait on AF. I'm so jealous. I want it done NOW. The best I can hope for is Thursday. It's been a long day of track meetings with my youngest. Sorry I don't have much to add. Renee, I'm hoping all does well with DH and his performance meets your standards

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 24th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sherry sorry you had a stressful day. Hopefully you're able to have that good cry. I know how much better I feel when I can let everything out.

Pamela nice game plan!

Rae praying AF makes her monthly visit and you can get the show on the road.

I wonder how Leia is doing? Hopefully not experiencing those awful migraines.

Busy week already and it's not going to slow down. I completely forgot about the Spring Concert at school 3 nights this week. It wouldn't be that big of a deal usually, but I'm Chairing it. Add Dr appointments for all the males in the household. It totally gets my mind of TTC and testing in the TWW, which is nice.

[/URL]Renee
March 24th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Rae the Femara at least didn't delay ovulation which is nice. Next cycle will be the one you hit the JACKPOT! you have a couple more days before you start your next one. Delay it long enough and we can be cycle buddies. . I'm due to start on 3/31 or 4/1.

[/URL]Renee
March 25th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Hmm, not sure I can pull that off lol. But if you ovulate sooner and I ovulate later then it could work out.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 25th, 2014, 04:43 AM
I was sitting here this morning thinking about how hard it's been TTC and then on the news it said a study shows that women TTC that are stressed are 29% less likely to conceive than those who are not. sigh As if it's not hard enough with my age, now there's stress!

Also, I heard yesterday on the news and have read that caffiene can hurt fertility. I have two cups of coffee in the morning but I brew it weak. I put 3 small scoops for 10 cups of water. Should I try to cut it out completely and just do the green tea? I'm pretty addicted not so much to caffiene but the act of drinking my coffee in the morning. I'm also trying to go at it this month without stress. If it happens, it happens.

But looking back at my post here.... I see I'm not really taking a break from all this am I? lol

March 25th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Rae--is there any hope that you still get a BFP? Sorry you are waiting on AF to rear her ugly head. She never shows up when you WANT her to, does she?

Renee--I'm tired for you just listening to your week ahead! But, it does sound like a good distraction from the 2ww.

Sherry--hoping you got your big cry out...and that it is simply a prelude to a BFP

Leia--how are you? Hope all is well with you.

Pam--I don't think any of us believe you when you say you are going to sit back and just think about ttc...lol. You want it too badly. As for the stress and fertility, it is true but even the healthiest woman takes on average of 6months to a year to get pregnant. I know it seems like forever since you started trying, it does to all of us because we hear that clock ticking. You mentioned caffeine, yes it hurts your follicles. There are things you can eat to promote healthy follicles and increase fertility. There is an app for the phone called "my fertile food" that can help you to eat what you should and avoid what you shouldn't eat. I think the app was free or like .99. Other things to avoid (very, very, very hard) are processed foods and gluten. There is a very big connection between gluten and infertility. You may want to try gluten free or at least decrease gluten intake. Of course, alcohol and caffeine are considered to be bad especially in the older gals like us. I haven't personally been able to follow it 100% especially with the processed foods....and have really slacked off on being gluten free. But, I'm back on the wagon this cycle. Gotta keep those follicles as healthy as can be so they can be super fit and sexy eggs to attract the lucky sperm. And to think once upon a time, I could just say yes to sex and voila a BFP the following month....gotta love this aging process--NOT!!!

Amen.

March 25th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's what's so frustrating about TTC being older, make sure we don't eat the wrong things, don't drink caffeine, do take these thing. I just want to rebel and do everything that is a huge no no. Tons of drinking
2 packs of cigarettes
Tons of hardcore drugs and prescription drugs
Only processed foods
Sugary sweet drinks
Absolutely no vegetables or fruit
Anything that is truly bad or a no no.

I have DH home again today. I love my alone time during the week, but that's not going to happen with him here.

Rae you probably have a couple days before AF shows up, so you're stuck in No Mans Land. Drunk up and be merry.

Pamela you can read up on all the ways of TTC. When I do that I tend to start feeling like the TTC journey is hopeless. At least your DH doesn't feel the pressure of having to perform. If Incircled the calendar my fertile days there is no way my DH could DTD. He does know when my drive is gearing up but I never tell or hint to him I'm in my fertile window.

Pamela any new game plan for this cycle?

Sherry hope today is a better day for you? Don't count yourself out. You have the best chance of getting a BFP.

[/URL]Renee
March 25th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Paula.... LOL.... yeah... I keep looking at my chart with no temps and my OCD is getting the best of me. haha... thanks for the info. Stinks but that app isn't for my phone. I wrote them asking if they will make it for Samsung. I did bookmark it and can look on my computer at the recipes anyway. I'm going to get back to making smoothies. We spent $500 on a Vitamix I think it's called mixer that can grind up anything. Great way to get spinach in your diet. Saw a smoothie with spinach, almonds, banana and apple juice. Gonna give that a try. Also will add some green tea to it too.

Renee.... I'm cutting out caffiene and going to add more protein to my diet along with the green tea, almonds and spinach. And try to drink a glass of whole milk a day. I think all that should give me and DH a better chance eh? Although with my daughter, I was severely anorexic and they dont know how I was even able to get pregnant. Especially when we only DTD one time in 2 years on top of that. Some things are just meant to be. I was 35 at the time. So who knows right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search