March Roll Call!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree58Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2014, 10:47 PM
406kurby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello!
I've been lurking on and off the last few months and decided to introduce myself. My name is Kristi, I'm 41 and my fiance' and I have decided to try for a little one. I've been a member of justmommies since I was first pregnant with my 7 yo.
I have 4 kids now from a previous marriage, aged 22, 12, 10, and 7. We had a miscarriage in December; I was around 5 weeks along. It was tough and we made a decision not to try again. Well, long story short, we decided to undecide our first decision and keep trying!
I look forward to getting to know everyone here and I love how everyone is so caring on this board!
March 30th, 2014, 06:42 AM
ctymom's Avatar 9th cycle
Hi Kristi.... welcome to the group! Sorry to hear about your mc. i wish you the best on your journey and hopefully you get your sticky bean soon. My name is Pamela and I'm 44yo. My children are in my siggy from my previous marriage. Now my DH and I are trying to have our own. This is our 5th cycle trying. It's frustrating but we will keep trying until it happens or we cant try anymore.

March 30th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Looks like my temps are all over the place again. Probably because my allergies have been horrible the past week. Hopefully it settles down asap. I'm miserable with them. But it looks like my temps are heading down to getting ready to O. Here's to another month of trying.

March 30th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Hi Kristi and Welcome to the Land of Crazy! Hopefully you'll feel comfortable in here and start posting.

Sorry to hear about your recent loss. Hopefully you'll be able to get your BFP and have a sticky Bean.

I'm Renee and I have 2 boys, almost 7 and 8. We are about to start our 13th cycle of this never ending TTC journey. I am praying this coming cycle we finally get the job done. I never thought it would take this long, but I was so wrong!

Pamela your chart looked so much better last month, and hopefully this month is just as good. Are you going to do OPK's again? How did the mudding go yesterday?

[/URL]Renee
March 30th, 2014, 09:17 AM
yeah...this month I'm suffering bad with allergies and cant breath at night so it's all wonky. Muddin went good. Poured rain for a while but rain makes mud. LOL Now today just chillin. But now have dirt in my dang eye and cant get it out. It's driving me freakin batty!

March 30th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Thanks ladies! I'm hoping it happens soon. I'll be 42 in December and fiance' is 43. He doesn't have any children and says he's happy with the 3 I brought to the relationship but is happy to try for our own also! I have 3 girls (22,12, and 10) and my son, Troy is 7. They keep us on our toes for sure. Troy keeps begging for a little brother. Little does he know we're trying to give him one lol!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Tracker

Kristi

March 30th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kristi you have quite the age gap with your children. I had mine almost back to back. Hopefully you'll be able to give Troy a baby brother soon.We haven't really discussed having anymore with our boys. They every so often ask for another sibling and I tell them it's not going to happen.
They would tell everyone if we did say something. Nothing worse when people ask how the TTC effort is going.

I am sitting here delaying going outside and picking up the dog poop, Gross. Thomas is having a full on conversation with Siri. He's introduced himself along with the rest of the family to her.

[/URL]Renee
March 30th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Welcome to the group Kristi, hopefully you'll conceive again soon and this little bean will stick around for 9 months. My name is Rae, I have there children and two step children. I've been trying for 17-18 months now. I'm sitting this month out it looks like. Best of luck to you!!! Just jump right in.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

Last edited by Believingforonemore; March 31st, 2014 at 04:00 AM.
March 30th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kristi and to our board!! This is a great place to hang out The ladies on here are very friendly and knowledgeable!! My name is Lana (but most people call me Katy which is great ) I am 42 will be 43 in Aug. I have 2 kids from my previous marriage DS who is 23 (will be 24 in May) and DD who is 21. My DH doesn't have any bio kids.

I had a tubal reversal in Sept 2011 and we had been ttc for a little over 2 yrs when we got pg in Jan of this year but unfortunately I had a m/c in Feb Due to complications from the m/c I have to sit out 6 months before ttc again It is very hard to just set on the side lines but I guess I have to whether I like it or not I think my body is finally starting to try to get back to normal as I just got my first post m/c af a week ago.

I hope it doesn't take long for you to get your BFP and a sticky little bean!!! I look forward to getting to know you better

My Ovulation Chart
March 30th, 2014, 07:29 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kristi! I'm Sherry, 39 & will be the big 4-0 in August. Getting married to my love & best friend next weekend, who's the same age as me (well, a couple months younger). We've been TTC since last July and in those 9 months I've been pg twice and m/c both, the last time in Dec. I have 3 children from a previous marriage and dh has 3 as well, and now we're trying for one of our own Long, frustrating journey as I tend to have longer cycles too... but not giving up yet!Welcome to the boards & best of luck ttc! I hope u get a bfp soon!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

March 31st, 2014, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 406kurby View Post
Thanks ladies! I'm hoping it happens soon. I'll be 42 in December and fiance' is 43. He doesn't have any children and says he's happy with the 3 I brought to the relationship but is happy to try for our own also! I have 3 girls (22,12, and 10) and my son, Troy is 7. They keep us on our toes for sure. Troy keeps begging for a little brother. Little does he know we're trying to give him one lol!
hi! I had my third at 42! now 44 and will be 45 before a fourth can be born.

after my chemical in dec that bleeding was light and 2 days all my periods have been light and 2 days
March 31st, 2014, 08:24 AM
This cycle is throwing me off. I temp, check cm, and cervix position. Just out of curiosity I did an opk a bit ago and it's positive. I know they should be done in later afternoon, but I'm a poas-aholic and felt the urge! My O date should've been this Friday, so I'm thrown off a little. I'll redo it later for a double-check. Excited though! Fingers crossed I've been timing bd'ing right.

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Tracker

Kristi

March 31st, 2014, 02:34 PM
Actually I have the best luck with opk's with second morning urine. I'd say get that shag on! You might be ovulating a little early!!

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 31st, 2014, 02:37 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Kristi! I'm Leia, 40, and currently NOT TTCing, but the ladies here were gracious enough to let me stay the last 40 weeks and support me through my pregnancy. I love these girls.

I used OPKs the last few years and found that using FMU was most accurate, and recommended by the OPK manufacturer. I also found that after the first positive, I received positives well after I O'd, depending on the time of year, brand of OPK and time during cycle - meaning that some cycles I had a stronger surge than others - chalk that up to age.I hope you get that sticky bean soon! Stick around, this is a great place to be.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 31st, 2014, 02:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kristi! I say just BD until you get a a negative OPK and you get your CH's just to cover your bases.

I got so excited thinking AF was here and it was just CM. I just want to get my next cycle started. I'm feeling way positive about April.

Seriously the month of March has flown by.

[/URL]Renee
March 31st, 2014, 04:11 PM
Renee, I seriously hope this is YOUR month. I'm fixin to enjoy an alcoholic beverage. I'm not going to over think it. My temps are low like they are every month so the cysts are not effecting that part. I hope I don't have a two month cycle with no ovulation. That would suck.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 31st, 2014, 05:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Life is good, AF has joined the party! I love how FF and AF can agree

Rae enjoy that drink or three.. that darn cyst better be gone and the Femara better do the trick. I want you to get a BFP so bad!

I am now going to go pop a pill or two since I'm cramping slightly. I could go and pour myself a drink as well. Must call DH to pick something up for the kids.

Anyone ever taken Pure Encapsulation? I was thinking of trying the products. Although I'm already taking Cal-Nate so I might end up getting too much of something.

[/URL]Renee
March 31st, 2014, 06:08 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Welcome, Kristi! I'm Paula--me & my DH are both 42 and ttc our first child together. I have 2 older boys from a previous marriage. After 16 years of marriage, DH & I decided for me to have a tubal reversal in November. We got our first BFP on New Years, but sadly I m/c at 7weeks. It completely sucked, but it is what it is...so, here we are ttc again. Hopefully you will get your sticky bean soon

Pam--glad you got out and had a little fun this weekend!

Rae--I'm sorry that you have to take this month off...but, please have an extra drink for me

Renee--This is going to be YOUR cycle!!!! It is time!!!

Sherry--How are the last minute preparations going for the wedding? I can't imagine how crazy your life is this week--but, it will all be worth it very soon

Leia--How is your little monkey? Are you just totally in love, or what?! Have you gotten that chair back yet? I can just picture rocking your little guy in it until you are both asleep

AFM--I've been busy this weekend trying to help DH get this house ready to put on the market. It is a nice distraction of the pre-O wait, lol.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 31st, 2014, 06:28 PM
Paula it sucks, but I'm going to live like a normal person for once this month and hopefully it will fly by. I keep thinking of Katy, if she can wait three months one month won't kill me. Renee, enjoy that drink. I'm thinking about having another one. Those Raz-a-rita's that Bud light makes are GOOD. I think that's what they are called. I'd like to have 4 or 5. Very relaxing. Only problem is I should be in DD's room cleaning but I'm too mellow for it.

Renee, I've taken Pure Encapsulation for months now. It hasn't done anything magical. But it can't hurt. Go for it.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 31st, 2014, 09:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Paula did you get any job offers? Hopefully your house sells quickly an for the asking price.

Sherry I hope all the wedding planning is going well and you have the most perfect day. Will the two of you be taking a honeymoon?

Rae praying the cyst goes away and no more issues. Praying for you. Do you go back for a follow up U/S?

Leia if you got the chair back, I want to see pictures of it!

[/URL]Renee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search