March Roll Call!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree58Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We have no idea where I am in my cycle. Here is the last bit of history Period Jan18, a spot on Feb 5 and a spot on Feb 15. That is all up to today. The doctor took blood to see if anything was off or if I was pregnant and it came back clear.

March 6th, 2014, 03:50 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice to meet you Chrystle! I'm on cycle 4 of TTC. I never thought actually trying to get pregnant was so hard! I also didnt think that at this point in my life I would even be TTC but married my best friend in life 2 years ago and he desperately wants to be a father. (He's had 3 girls but long story...the mothers made it so he never gets to see them and never was able to be their father. Truly sad) He will be a great father and even though I feel I'm old... I want to give him that. So I've been temping, charting all 4 cycles and added OPK's this month for the first time in my life. Good luck to you!

March 6th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Regular
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I thought this might be a good place for my introduction.

My name is Tennille, 37 3/4 years old. TTC #2 for 9 cycles. DS is almost 4. I am on CD 15.

I use opk and cm. I don't really get enough sleep for bbt. I really stressed myself out last time ttc so this time I vowed to keep it relatively stress free. We do have an appointment set up for a fertility consultation at the end of this month. I'm nervous abiut it. But, last time we et up the appointment, I got a BFP that week. Fx for the same miracle this time too!

I was on another forum for almost 3 years between ttc and expecting clubs and play groups before it closed. I'm looking for a new ttc home and I'm excited to meet new women i my age group who are ttc and who feel can understand some of the emotions I'm experiencing. I keep ttc private from most people IRL, and the few friends who do know seem like they are getting tired hearing about my issues.
March 7th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Shelz@_@
just sending good cheer your way ladies hope all is well

Last edited by Shelz@_@; March 7th, 2014 at 02:33 AM.
March 7th, 2014, 09:20 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Sheila - how's the reno going?
Shelz@_@ likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 7th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Everyone should go and check on Lucy's Blog.http://lucyttc.blogspot.com, Lucy, I hope you come by to say hello.

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 7th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Oh yeah Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 7th, 2014, 06:52 PM
dpo 6 or 8...i do not trust my opk readings...lol. af is due in 6 days and i feel like it is coming any second...ugh
March 7th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome Chrystal & Tenille! This is a great group of women...lots of support here! Sheila--nice to "see" you! Glad you are still hanging around Leia--What did you decide to do about the chair? Not much longer...really look forward to the big announcement from you! Renee--isn't your vacation over yet??? Don't you know we need an update?!?!?! Seriously, I hope you are having a little well-deserved fun! Pamela--CD 10...here's to the big O happening this weekend AFM--finally got a flashy smiling face on the Clear Blue OPKs today. So here is to a busy weekend of DTD, lol!

Rae--I just realized that you are on CD 10 also....really excited about you and the Femara! Maybe things really do come in 3's and all 3 of us on CD 10 will get BFPs this month! How awesome would that be?!
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 7th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Welcome Tennille! I hope you have fun here and learn alot!Seriously, Renee are you home yet?Rae, how are you feeling on the Femara?Katy, how was your day?How's everyone else in their cycle chase?Yes, almost 37 weeks for us! We decided to get the chair reupholstered. The trade off? DH gets to buy his cross bow. I can't complain.Also, my dear friend who is throwing me the baby shower got terribly sick yesterday and can't cook or set up the shower. So I'm cooking the food for my own shower. EH, no biggie. I went shopping today and picked up all the food ingredients. I ordered the desserts. We'll get through it.

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 8th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Shelz@_@
Hi lelila the remodel should of been over now he messed up the the cubbards and was supost to here today to put them in he was a no show I wasnt happy this tues were getting our new stove and new coutch delivered yah me. on the other note my body is just weird lol

Last edited by Shelz@_@; March 8th, 2014 at 02:13 AM.
March 8th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Paula... i havent gotten a smiley yet, flashing or otherwise. But the stick is showing two solid lines that look the same. I'm not getting it. I posted about it and shared the photos....this is my first time ever using OPK's so this is new to me. good luck to you!!

March 8th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posgo001 View Post

Rae--I just realized that you are on CD 10 also....really excited about you and the Femara! Maybe things really do come in 3's and all 3 of us on CD 10 will get BFPs this month! How awesome would that be?!
I like the way you think Paula! Leia, I can't really tell I've taken it. We'll see how it all works out. I'm glad you are having your chair redone. I think it's a good choice. We'd love some pictures of it.

Welcome to all the new ladies! I hope your stay is short!

March 8th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Leia--so sorry that your friend is sick...but, LOVE your attitude about it! Hope you have a happy shower

Rae--let's just keep thinking 3 for 3, lol!

Sheila--I read your post while I was having coffee in my kitchen. It reminded me of how much I hated living through it being renovated. But, then I looked around and smiled...it is all worth it! I love my kitchen now. We've done the rest of our house over the last few years, as well...the only other room that was near as bad to live through being renovated was the bathroom, uggh! Hope he gets your cupboards fixed soon...at least you have a new stove and couch to look forward to! You know you're getting older when new appliances and furniture starts to turn you on, lol

On an "off-topic"....I don't think I've ever mentioned this before but my DH is in the Navy. After almost 25 years, he is retiring at the end of April...gulp! It is such a scary time in our lives and I'm sure it sounds crazy that we are even TTC at this juncture--but, we are. When we decided to have the tubal reversal, we made the decision that he would be a stay at home dad if we were successful. I have a good career and he will have a retirement check coming in, so it will work for us financially. Here's the kicker--since my dad died in January, I have this deep desire to live near one of our families. My fear is that if we don't pack up and move right after he retires that we will never move back home. The only problem is that "home" isn't in the same place. I'm from Georgia and he is from Wisconsin...talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. So, this is what we've decided--I've sent my resume to a few places in Wisconsin and in Georgia. Whichever pans out, we will move to. I secretly want GA to work out (surprise, surprise!). So, here I am at the age of 42, TTC, change jobs, sell my house, and move to only God knows where....YES, I've lost my mind!!! Some days, I question why we are even TTC instead of getting a puppy, lol. Then, I realize that it is because this wonderful man that I married 16 years ago, that joined me in raising my two boys and has loved them as his own deserves to experience it all. A child of his own. I only pray that in all of this craziness that I will be able to give that to him! Thanks for listening...I just needed to vent

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 8th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Shelz@_@
yes remodels suck lol.. wow sounds very adventures to keep going posgo but you take your where it leads my husband help raise my 2 kids as well from ages 1 and 2 so he is dad buy all means we have 1 together but for me I just wanted 1 more for years but he always shut it down until 4 years ago yup that is how long we have been trying and I really dont have anything left to give but my love at this point.. I wish you all the best and hope it all works out.
March 8th, 2014, 06:02 PM
I loved your post Paula, I think it's great! Just land where God puts you!
Countrymom4 likes this.

March 9th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Shelz@_@

Last edited by Shelz@_@; March 9th, 2014 at 04:20 AM.
March 9th, 2014, 07:11 AM
If I didn't have my faith to guide me, then I'm certain that I would lose my mind in all of this. As crazy as my life sounds, I really do have peace in my life. It is only when I start to question every little move in my life and where it is going that I start to hyperventilate, lol. My DH is definitely my better half...he has no worries at all when it comes to retiring, moving and ttc. He just knows it is all going to work out how it is supposed to. I, on the other hand, have decided to cave to my addiction of peeing on a stick, again...but, that's a whole other story
Countrymom4 likes this.

Amen.

March 9th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome new ladies to the board It is great to see some new faces on here

But on that note, I am going to take a break from JM for a while. I saw my regular OB last week and also had more bw done last week and my HCG still hasn't gone down to normal so they are treating it as if I had a molar pregnancy so I have to wait 6 months before ttc again I am going to go Tues for more bw and I pray that my HCG is down to normal; if not I get to have some more done!!!! This week will be my 7th blood draw and I am ready for a break from that!!

Even though I didn't really want to, I started on BCP Thursday; partly to regulate my cycles (I have only had 5 or 6 days of no bleeding/spotting since Feb 5th!!!), my OB said that being on them would get my cycle back on track and also to prevent pregnancy although I have to say with the spotting and everything I haven't been interested in bd at all I have also had a cold for over a week now, so not feeling well has also put a damper on my libido, too. I kind of feel stupid in a way using birth control because it took us over 2 yrs (after having a tubal reversal) to get pregnant!!! Also with the shot they gave to me that depleted all of the folic acid from my body, I really don't want to risk having a child with birth defects from that

I will pop in every once in a while just to see how everyone is doing I am taking a break from temping at this time and I am planning on working on myself: losing some weight, eating healthier and getting exercise. I also plan on getting a massage a month or so before I start ttc again and also doing other things to pamper myself so that when we do start ttc again I will be relaxed and not stressed.

I hope all of you ladies have moved on from this board by the time I come back in 6 months or so I will be praying that all of you get your BFP's and have super sticky beans

My Ovulation Chart
March 9th, 2014, 03:32 PM
hi katy...sorry you are going through so much! i wish you the best and thoughts & prayers sent your way. do stop by and let us all know how you are doing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search