March Roll Call!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree58Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ladies!! I just wanted to let you know that I had bw done again yesterday and today my nurse called and said that my HCG is down to 5 Yeah it is about time...I wasn't looking forward to getting my 8th round of bw!!!!!!

So far I have not started doing anything yet (actually since I talked about trying to lose weight I think I have ate more every day than what I normally do!!) but I am still trying to get rid of this dadgum cold I have had for almost 2 weeks now Food doesn't really taste good but that doesn't stop me from eating every 5 minutes (not really but if feels that way).

Well now if only the spotting and bleeding will stop!!!! Oh and I have been on the BCP for almost a week now. I take them at bed time because the pharmacist said it is better that way if they make you sick. Well every night (morning actually between 2-4 am) I have woke up sick to my stomach BUT luckily I haven't actually thrown up!!!

I see there are quite a few of you in the TWW That is awesome ladies I hope there is a great big BFP boom that hits this board this month
Shelz@_@ likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
March 12th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Rae I felt a little more while ovulating but nothing quite that bad. I don't have strong ovulation pains like most if you. I am hoping that you are having Super O. Praying your spotting doesn't get worse. Last month I had spotting for the very first time and got my very short lived BFP. At least The egg and sperm met.

Katy finally your HCG # went down to 5. Hopefully you get over that lame cold. How many months do you have to take BCP's? Blah to being woken up by the nausea. Many thoughts and prayers for you.

DH's back is still bad. I have him in his zero gravity chair. I was thinking that I would give him a cocktail of pain meds, but he may not actually be able to finish and that defeats everything. My OPK is still flashing so we still have more time to BD.
Shelz@_@ likes this.

[/URL]Renee
March 12th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Renee, I'm miserable really. DH is like maybe you're pregnant. Umm, even if I was there are no symptoms this early. It's not out of the norm for me to have bad cramps during this part of my cycle. But wow.... Katy I'm so glad to hear things are getting back to normal somewhat. What a nightmare. I'll be praying for the bleeding to stop soon. You may want to take some iron. I hope you don't have any side effects from the b/c pills. And I hope the times flies for you. Renee, you may have to do most of the work tonight
Shelz@_@ likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 12th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to take the BCP for 6 months I haven't even had a whole week of them yet!!! I don't want to wish time away so I will just be waiting patiently for Aug to get here!!

I am taking my prenatals because they have 800 mcg of foiic acid that my OB wanted me to take. It also has 27 mg of iron.

I don't really want to wait 6 months before trying again BUT I am also worried and think "What if?" Soo I guess I will just wait
Shelz@_@ likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
March 12th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Shelz@_@
so glad things are better katy. rae I hope u feel better renee hurry and O .. and for me my face broke out so bad with zips i mean everywhere and I feel like Im on af but not..
March 13th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DTD last night was a No Go. We tried but between DH back and my arm it just didn't work. We tried 2x even. My OPK's are still flashing but I'm hoping it continues to flash to give DH a little more time to feel better. I'm also hoping my CP isn't throwing my cycle off. I usually don't start testing with OPK's as early as I do but having all that EWCM made me do it. Maybe I typically get this many flashy OPK's if I started testing earlier? I'm just having doubts, even though I need more time before I ovulate. I have to stop stressing. Whatever happens, happens.

Rae are you still cramping? Maybe call your Dr and see if they will see you?

Katy 6 months?! I don't know if I would have the will power to wait that long even though I know it would be best for my body. Hugs!

Sheila I hate zits. Getting your BFP will be worth the zits. Praying for you! Post some pictures of your kitchen. Is it finally done?

Pamela where are you? You usually post before I get up in the morning. Hope you're feeling well

[/URL]Renee
March 13th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Renee--so sorry that DH's back is out! That completely sucks! The first cycle we were TTC mine had a couple of times that he couldn't finish-just from the stress of it all. It is so frustrating! Hopefully with some rest it will get better soon enough to DTD today. As for the flashy smile, mine always does it for a few days before the big surge. But I am addicted to POAS, so I test very early. Hoping that you can still catch the egg

Rae--ugh, I hate cramps! In hoping and praying that it is a good sign for you....FX'd for a BFP!!!

Katy--6 months seems like an eternity! Hoping your cold goes away soon and you can start tackling your "me" list! At least on the positive side your HCG is back to normal. Hang in there.

Leia--how are the last minute preparations going? Won't be long now

Pam--how's dpo 3 going? Don't you just love the 2ww?!

Sheila--I'm with Renee--hopefully the zits will all be worth it very soon. A BFP will make it all better!!! Where are the pics of the couch and kitchen?

AFM--I'm also on dpo 3...but, my DH is keeping me distracted. He got admitted into the hospital last night. He has a history of bowel obstructions and goes in about once a year with one. We've been able to hold off on surgery for a long time. Praying we get to do the same this time! He's feeling better today (the NG tube and morphine always help), so that's a good sign. If he wasn't such a good guy the rest of the year, I probably would've traded him in for a newer model, lol. At least his body waited until after the fertile window to act up. Otherwise, we'd have to get real creative in that hospital room, lol. Oh we'll, just another day in paradise.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

Last edited by Posgo001; March 13th, 2014 at 07:32 AM.
March 13th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Wow, lots going on here.

Katy 6 months is half a year, is it really necessary to wait that long? My heart goes out to you.

Sheila, I hope the breakouts are raging hormones and you get your bfp!

Renee, don't stress too much my Dr. told me every other day was best. But I would be stressing also. I'm with you whatever will be will be.

Paula, I hope DH gets better soon, that sounds pretty dreadful really. Poor guy

My cramps seem better this morning, it's a good thing.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 13th, 2014, 09:11 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Katy, I'm so glad your levels finally went back to normal. Is there any indication that it was molar? Usually the OB has a sample of the contents of the uterus and they come back positive, which is why you have to wait 6 months, because you don't want to risk a pregnancy if you have pre-cancerous cells that can still be clinging to the lining of the uterus. Also, weren't your HCG levels on the lower side? Molar pregnancies tend to have very high levels, don't they? Perhaps a little clarification from the OB on why they think it was Molar?

http://www.marchofdimes.com/loss/ect...regnancy.aspx#

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 13th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelila View Post
Katy, I'm so glad your levels finally went back to normal. Is there any indication that it was molar? Usually the OB has a sample of the contents of the uterus and they come back positive, which is why you have to wait 6 months, because you don't want to risk a pregnancy if you have pre-cancerous cells that can still be clinging to the lining of the uterus. Also, weren't your HCG levels on the lower side? Molar pregnancies tend to have very high levels, don't they? Perhaps a little clarification from the OB on why they think it was Molar?

Ectopic and molar pregnancy | March of Dimes
That is the confusing part because they never took any samples of anything (other than doing HCG levels). My DH went with me to my last appointment and I said something to him about them not ever saying anything before about it being a molar pregnancy and my DH said "He didn't say it was a molar pregnancy they are just treating it that way." And it was only based on my HCG levels which were low:

Feb 11: 30
Feb 14: 22.6
Feb 21: 32
Feb 23: ?
Feb 26: 20
Mar 4: 14
Mar 11: 5

My OB said that they don't want my HCG levels to go up any for the next 6 months! I think they based it off the fact that my HCG level went up higher that one time. I am wondering if it was because I continued to keep taking my prenatals and there was a bit of retained tissue in there and the folic acid was what made it start multiplying (dividing again) but I don't know for sure. They only gave me the one u/s and it was on my first visit and it showed NOTHING in the tubes or uterus. I only had heavy bleeding and clots for 9 days (at the start of my m/c) and NONE of the clots were in the shape of a grape!!!

The nurse who gave me the methotrexate shot said that it would cause me to cramp pretty bad and bleed. Well I didn't really have much cramping just general stomach pain and nausea and I never did have bleeding that was full flow; it was mostly spotting with a few times that it was a little heavier (usually only when I wiped) but never once soaked a pad!!! After I had the shot I didn't take my prenatals or eat very many things that had a whole lot of folic acid in it until my regular OB told me to start taking folic acid when I saw him on Mar 6.

That is why I am even questioning about waiting the whole 6 months part.....I do plan on waiting the three months for sure to let my body build back up the folic acid I lost because of the methotrexate shot. I hate the battle with my mind...and I have even thought about if I did get pg before the 6 months was up about going and seeing a different OB even though I really like the one I have now. I guess I will wait and see how things go. I plan on going to have my pap done in May and I might say something to my OB then about still having to wait before ttc. I also don't know if they plan on having me come in once a month to check my HCG levels either because they never did say.....

My Ovulation Chart
March 13th, 2014, 11:06 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi all... I'm around and have been reading up on everyone. Lots going on! Everyone's in my thoughts.I'm pretty spent right now. Yesterday was a horrible, emotional day with alot of fears about the future. With many prayers, we were able to set things straight and keep truckin on. We had to come up with $1k yesterday or else. (long story) And then an hour later got a call from our shop landlord secretary saying we needed to have a meeting. We are behind on our bodyshop rent. We thought they were going to evict us. So on top of the $1k... we need $3600.00 yay us. We will make it happen. Owning a business is not what it's cracked up to be.I'm having a feeling with all this stress that I wont get a bfp. I dont know... I'll still hold hope. I'm just so exhausted and wiped right now. I want to go home and do nothing but play Call of Duty Ghosts all night. LOLSorry I'm not posting directly to you all right now. I just dont have the mind power... but you're all in my thoughts and prayers!oh... I'm 4dpo today. temp so far is riding the CH... hopefully I get implantation and it jumps up. FX'd.

March 13th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Pamela your chart does look a little different. Hand in there. Times are tough but you'll pull through. Katy, I think three months is sufficient but I'm not a Dr either. I might consider switching Dr's or just upfront asking him about the 6 month wait and be honest and tell him you won't wait that long. You are paying him after all. If he can give you a good answer as to why wait then reconsider if not then roll with it girl.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 13th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Shelz@_@
there added my pics for a day.. no af but I feel like crap
March 13th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Sheila--Love the new kitchen & stove! If this is your first double oven--you are going to love it! The boys already look pretty comfy on the couch--nice choice! Sorry you are feeling like crap, hun

Katy--I can see why you are confused! Your numbers don't look like a molar pregnancy, at all. Definitely worth a second discussion with your OB when you go in May. TTC is such an emotional rollercoaster! I have to say that before having my TR, I really only worried about having an ectopic...but, there is so much more disappointment out there. It's heartbreaking. You know, I've never thought to ask you before now--where did you go for your TR? Just a curiosity question. I went to Chapel Hill.

Pam--I've never owned my own business, but it sounds pretty stressful. So sorry that this is all coming at you at once. Perhaps, though, it is a good distraction from the 2ww...and a BFP this month will turn things around for you

Renee--How's DH and his back? Hope he is feeling better and up to the task...pun intended

Leia--Is that chair done, yet? Looking forward to seeing pics. I know I didn't start this group until November, but I still can't believe the finish line is in site for you. Very exciting!!!

Rae--I've been thinking about all the cramping and all that you've been having. All I can say is that must have been one heck of an egg you shot out! I'm feeling very positive about this month for you

AFM--I went to see DH at the hospital after I got off from work. He was feeling better. They pulled his NG tube (sucks his stomach out), and told him that if he continues to improve he will come home either Saturday or Sunday On another note, I came home this evening to a very lonely dog--he's not used to spending his afternoons alone. Just picture a 60 pound Weimaraner that thinks he is a 5 lb lap dog...yeah, he is all up in my grill...and I can hardly breathe, lol.

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 13th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sheila the couch and oven look like they are already getting broken in. Kids relaxing on the couch and something already baking in the ovenWhen I was pregnant and nursing dermatologist told me to use Clean and Clear. She could prescribe the hard stuff, but it seem to work well and gave me a little relief.

Are glad to hear you aren't cramping anymore. You most likely had one very powerful ovulation. I can hardly wait to hear the outcome for this cycle.

Paula sorry to hear about your husband. Sounds way too painful and downright uncomfortable.

Katy hoping you get TTC in 3 months instead of 6, especially if you feel your ready. Prayers for you!

Leia very very very soon you'll be meeting that little baby boy. Did you do.a theme for his nursery?

Pamela yikes you had one check of a stressful day yesterday. Today is a new day.

My lovely DH is outside right now mowing. The question is, will it wreck havoc on his back even more? I reserve the right to get angry if it's another "No Go" On the bright side, at least the yard will look nice.
I am going to go and take another OPK to see where I'm at.
Shelz@_@ likes this.

[/URL]Renee
March 13th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Paula, The OB that I see is the one who did my tubal reversal. My clinic that I go to is a really neat place because the OB's offices are on the 2nd floor and the first floor is a hospital where you deliver your baby

It is also the hospital where I had my tubal reversal. It is a really nice place because your DH is allowed to stay over night (mine did!) and the couch pulls out to make a bed. I don't really want to say the name of the place for safety reasons..my DH is really paranoid about me disclosing where we live, etc. I think it is because we watch too much crime tv and have watched shows where pregnant women were stalked and killed for their babies (not that I am saying any of you would do that but unfortunately there are trolls and lurkers who stalk our forums).

My Ovulation Chart
March 14th, 2014, 03:07 AM
Shelz@_@
yes love my double oven the bottom cubbards got finish today and we put new runners in and were getting new thow rug for the living room as well plus putting up new blinds for the side door and put my white curtain back up soon. On the other note Im cramping like a son of a gun hate it.. It feels like she will show by moring,, Katy Im sorry you have to wait so long. Renee I really hope this one works out hun, Posgo Im sorry your hubby got hurt hope he feels better Lelia I cant wait for you to have your baby Pam Im sorry your so stressed about the buisness I hope things do get better Rae where are u at in your cycle? AND has anyone heard from jen yet?
March 14th, 2014, 03:43 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sheila.... everything looks great so far I was thinking about a wrap around sofa in our family room. I love those. Ours would have to be L shaped though.

Katy.... 6 months does seem long. Well, in TCC terms it IS a long time. Hopefully all that can get straightened out. If your doc isnt giving answers, I would go see someone else. NEVER stay with a doctor that doesnt listen or take the time to give you all the info you need and helps you understand what is going on. Dont be afraid to ask questions and NEVER let them act superior and "how dare you question me". Knock them down a peg. I learned that the hard way. *hugs*

Paula... my mind could be gone completely, or I missed the post as to why your DH is in the hospital. I'm truly all over the place lately. Hope he's ok and prayers sent!

Leia... you are getting so close! Can't wait to see your little one! So excited for you

Renee... back pain sucks! Between my back issues and my DH's, I'm surprised we function! I recommend stretches. I use an exercise ball by laying over it and stretching my back. Does wonders. You were still getting a flashy smiley so still have time last I read. havent read posts this morning as of yet.

afm... I'm tired as can be. we have a TON of work to get out before April 1st. But I tell ya.. prayer and having great friends does wonders! We were able to work everything out. It's not 'fixed' but we have hope again. Even had one of our customers tell us that if we get his 1970 Caddy done for April.. HE will pay the two months we are behind! Couldn't believe it. We had great friends stepping in offering to help because they believe in us and that gives us hope. =) And as for the TTC stuff...5dpo... too early to see a temp trend but it did go up. Not worrying about symptoms until after the time of implantation but overall, I'm just still achy, allergies are killing me bad, and I'm tired.

March 14th, 2014, 05:03 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No news on the chair yet, probably two more weeks. I took shower pics on the phone and can't get them off now. I have to try again. I started doing baby laundry and getting stuff organized, not a lot, just putting stuff away. The theme is monkeys. hahahaha!Katy, definitely another conversation with your OB to clarify!Paula, Look at your Chart!!!!Pam, Look at your Chart!!!Ladies, we have some really positive charts going here, so exciting!!!!Sheila, love the dutch - renos go on forever. I hope you can start enjoying your kitchen soon.Renee how are you feeling my friend?Rae, have you O'd yet?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 14th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Katy--sorry, I honestly didn't mean to creep you out by asking you that...in retrospect, if someone had just asked me that out of the blue, I don't think I would've answered it. When I'm not solicited for information, I'm probably much more open than I ever should be, lol. The only reason I asked is that I had mine done at one of the major TR centers--by the Chapel Hill guys. I was so happy with my experience there that I tell everyone where I had it done at...again, probably TMI. I have found a lot of our other TR sisters (via a private board) that have met such resistance from there OB on getting treatment for TTC after their surgery. Their docs seem to think that TRs never work and that they should have gone straight for the IVF in the first place. It's awesome that your OB actually did yours--now he/she has to stand behind their work! When I talk to some of the other TR girls, I realize how lucky I am that my doc doesn't judge my fertility based on the fact that I had a TR...she only judges me on my age, lol! It probably didn't hurt that I got pregnant the second month of TTC after my surgery. I'm sure that gave her a little more reason to support us on this endeavor. Anyhow, your OB sounds like he is really on your side--even if he isn't telling you what you want to hear. Maybe in May he will be able to give you more insight on the reason for waiting the 6 months...or perhaps, reduce the time to 3 months, after all. Hang in there!

Pam--I definitely believe in the power of prayer! He will take care of you So glad that things are looking up. I know I said it before, but I'll say it again, perhaps all of this is just meant to be a HUGE distraction from the 2ww...harder to symptom analyze when you are dealing with much larger issues Speaking of the 2ww...have you set a "bottom line" earliest day to test? I promised my DH (& myself) that I wasn't going to test until at least dpo 13--I got a very faint positive on dpo 12 and then a BFP on dpo 13 with my m/c. So, I am going to wait until a week from Sunday. We'll see if I keep that promise!

Leia--sounds like you are starting to nest for your little monkey...love it!!

Sheila--I'm hoping you aren't cramping for AF...but for a whole different reason! I still haven't given up on your one hit wonder

Renee--I'm hoping that mowing the yard actually loosened up his back a bit...and that you were able to BD! FX'd that you catch the egg

AFM--DH called me this morning and told me that he may get discharged from the hospital as early as today. Although I am very happy about this, I sure hope that they aren't pushing things on a bit too fast. They've done that before and he's ended up having to go back into the hospital, so I tend to get a bit nervous when things start moving along. But, this is a chronic condition, and he definitely knows his body better than anyone else, so I trust him to tell us if he isn't ready. On another note, I have an overnight retreat to go to at the church tonight. It's been planned for a long time and DH still wants me to go...but, the idea of sleeping on a cot doesn't really sound appealing right now. I know I will get a lot out of it...but, I'd much rather come home and sleep in my own bed tonight, lol! I will likely get some alone time in the chapel tonight...I'll be praying for each and everyone of us!

As for my cycle, I've done the chart overlay with December's chart (my BFP month) and it is crazy how close they look! How did I go for 40+ years without ever realizing the thermal shifts in my body? And it is clockwork!!! I showed the DH and he just keeps saying "that's crazy"...we are both pretty entertained by this. I know that up until now it is only showing that I O'd, and that it isn't indicative if the sperm and egg hooked up or not. But, it is still giving me hope! I am pretty sure that I O'd on the left side. I keep wondering if the left is open since my tubal reversal...the m/c was conceived in the right tube. So, now I look forward to see if there is a shift for implantation...aah, the joy of the 2ww! For me, I went through so much to just get to this point to be in the 2ww that I don't really mind it too much. We spent years agonizing over the decision of if we were even going to try to get my tubal reversed--knowing that it could be a total failure. So now that I've had the surgery, there is this twisted little side of me that actually likes being in the 2ww--because, it is a possibility that I could be pregnant at the end of it! Until November, I haven't had that chance for the past 18 years...so, when it is all said and done, I am just happy to even be here

Amen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search