March Roll Call!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Older Members

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree58Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Older Members LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2014, 04:26 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies Ladies Ladies! Spring is ALMOST here! Who is ready for Winter to say goodbye?

There are new faces on the board and many of us who linger! Who is here?

Name:

Cycle Day:

Are you trying anything new this cycle:

Bonus Question - Are you using the Trifecta (OPK/Temp/CM check) and for how long and how accurate are your charts?

Leia
March 1st, 2014, 05:19 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sherry

Cycle day 12

Nothing new!

I use opk's. Occasionally check my cm but not religiously.
No charting, just the app on my phone (period tracker/fertility) that I LOVE. This will be my 2nd month using the digi opk but it seems to be accurate & consistent with what my app says

** oh, I did pay $12 to get one of those readings from Cheri a Cpl weeks ago (just got my reading email last night)
she said Girl- and June would be the month I find out, conceive, am due or give birth.
((Hope))
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

Last edited by berrygirll; March 1st, 2014 at 05:29 PM.
March 1st, 2014, 07:22 PM
Chilee

CD 17 / 2 dpo ish

I no longer temp, but this was my first month using opks. I have been using ff for 8 years.

I am mid 40s and have 3 children, first one born at 37. I tandem nursed #2 and #3. Still nursing #3.

I had a chemical cycle before last and I worry that I am finally too old to get pig while bf

We have planned for this to be our last month ttc, I hope I can let it go. Dh is going to snip.

I have been taking maca and b complex with aspirin for
his cycle. Stopped aspirin at O.

Af is due 12 March
March 2nd, 2014, 12:19 AM
Shelz@_@
Im not shure what day Im at as for me Im staying in stelth mode ttc is the last thing on my mind at this point in time just wishing all that is trying luck Im still gonna step away for awhile..hugs to you all
March 2nd, 2014, 05:05 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pamela

Cycle Day 5

Adding OPK's to the mix this time around

I temp, starting with OPK's, and cm check for the most part. I have drama queen temps. I think I'm so anxious about temping in the morning that my body gets overly excited and wakes up early. LOL DH also wakes me when he comes to bed around 12-1 too. But overall my temps still tell me when I O and when AF is coming.

I'm done with the cold! OK well I'm in Florida, it's not cold cold... but still.

March 2nd, 2014, 05:27 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Paula

CD 5

The only new thing we've added since my m/c is that DH is taking fertility blend for men.

I will go back to what I did the month I got my BFP. I temp, check my CM, use OPKs, & the fertility friend app. While we are BD'ing I will use pre-seed and softcups. After O, I will use progesterone supplements until I either get a BFP or AF shows. In addition, I'll eat that big green leafy salad with salmon at lunch everyday with my prenatals (gotta support those follicles, lol). After all of that, I turn it over in prayer.

And, of course, I promise that I will obsess over every little sign in the 2ww...geesh, this was so much easier when I was 20!!!

Chilee, welcome to the group and good luck!!
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 2nd, 2014, 08:29 AM
Pray, then pray some more
17 months of TTC and we're trying Femara this cycle. That's all I know.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 2nd, 2014, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The only thing I will be doing this month is temping and charting so I will know when I O....but who knows if that will happen I feel like I am on day 100 of my miscarriage (not really that long but it feels that way since it started on Feb 5th!!) and since I had a shot of methotrexate I won't be able to ttc for at least 3 cycles

I go to the OB tomorrow for more bw and a check up...I sure hope my hcg has dropped down to normal so my body will regulate and I O this month. I hate that my breasts are still so sore it makes me think that my hcg shot up again!!! I don't want another shot of that stuff....I am just now finally feeling better from it..I really don't want to go through that awful feeling again Sorry for being such a whiner... Good luck ladies I hope all of you get your BFP's this cycle/month!!!!!!

My Ovulation Chart
March 2nd, 2014, 11:14 AM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
Katy, whine away, my friend...whine away!! It is like a double whammy when you m/c. It doesn't really seem very fair that you have to incur such a great emotional loss and then it is so drawn out physically. I m/c'd on 1/30, but luckily passed everything on my own, so I can't offer much (unsolicited) advice on the methotrexate. But, I can say that I understand what it is like to constantly be wondering WHAT is going on in my body. I took my temp religiously, and from the moment the bleeding slowed down, I started doing OPKs in the hopes of deciphering things. When AF finally reared her ugly head, I was excited beyond belief. A "sign" of things being on track again. And, yes, it felt like 6 months had passed...but, it was only 1 month. My point is that things WILL get back to normal...in the meantime...this is the place to vent & whine. We are here for you
katydae88 likes this.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

March 2nd, 2014, 03:41 PM
Ah Katy my heart feels your pain. Three months is a long time. I hope it flies by.
katydae88 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 2nd, 2014, 05:33 PM
I have always ttc right away (6wks or less) after baby and it always took me 18 months to get pregnant so fat this time it is 30 months...with a chemical the cycle before this one.

I hope the b6 and maca are enough for progesterone. My daughter has a doctor appt the day af is due. If i am pg I will ask for hcg, progesterone and cortisol tests. I have to piggy back he appt because there is a 6 week wait to get my own. They say if it is urgent to go to ER ..ugh
March 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
Katy, 3 mos feels like a lifetime - I know exactly how you feel. But it does make a difference to your body to get back into the swing of things and let your hormones even out.Just think - in three months it'll be spring and all of nature will be DTD, so you'll be fitting right in and Horny to beat the band! Maybe you could plan a little mini-break for a weekend or two so you and DH could really get some good sessions of bury the pork and hide the salami in.
katydae88 likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 3rd, 2014, 04:38 PM
Katy perhaps you should redecorate to take your mind off TTC for the next few months. Pick a project and tell us all about it. We'll listen I promise
katydae88 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 4th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Katy, you can remodel my basement. We need a playroom. Feel free!
katydae88 likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

March 5th, 2014, 07:51 AM
5dpo here...are most of you ladies over 40 here
March 5th, 2014, 07:57 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At least over 35. I'm 44 so yeah... I'm alittle over. LOL

March 5th, 2014, 09:52 AM
44 here too

I had my first at 37 hoping very much for a 4thanyone else here nursing?
March 5th, 2014, 03:49 PM

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

March 5th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Best introduce myself I am Chrystal, I have been lurking for a couple months . But to be honest I did want to have to post here. I did not think I would be TTC this long. I am turning 36 in a couple months and have been TTC for 3 months. I am also new to temps and charts and days and EVERYTHING I am temp after last month when I had no period and no pregnancy. So the Doctor wants to see if I am ovulating.

March 5th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Welcome Chrystal! You will learn alot here, so stick around. The ladies here are awesome and some of us have been here so long, the temping, charting, etc is second nature. Don't be afraid to ask questions!Is the doc taking bloods on CD 3 and CD 27 to check your hormone levels?
Countrymom4 likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search